Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Read below question:
Yes, I would care for someone elses mistake 8 15.09%
no, its not my responsibility...but still vote against abortion 9 16.98%
no, Leave the laws as they are 36 67.92%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:07 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,354,623 times

Advertisements

If they were to cast a vote today about making abortion illegal...

If you vote yes, you are required to take care of the unwanted children. The government will assign a child to a person that voted yes, you now must care for that child without help from the federal or local governments. They may even give you more than one as time goes by.

If you vote no, well you dont have to do anything...

how would you vote?

would you take on such a responsibility?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 01:50 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,864,494 times
A baby is not a mistake! The unmarried parents chose to do wrong, thereby creating a living human being. Labeling this child as a mistake is barbaric. I did not vote in your poll because of that.

Yes, I would take a loving child into my home. I would not have to be forced to do so. After all, I earn my living by watching the little ones. It's not a JOB, it is a pleasure.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post

If you vote yes, you are required to take care of the unwanted children. The government will assign a child to a person that voted yes, you now must care for that child without help from the federal or local governments. They may even give you more than one as time goes by.

how would you vote?

My sister and I both probably would have been aborted if abortion was legal when I was born. I've already adopted two children that were not "aborted", I think I've done my part to prove that I disagree with abortion..

Old 06-22-2009, 03:15 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,575,081 times
Quote:

how would you vote?

Good god, no! The horror! This is why I'm pro-choice. Phew, that was a scary thought there for a second.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:17 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,433,233 times
Quote:

how would you vote?

So you're asking those that vote against abortion to take on others' responsibilities, instead of asking those that GOT PREGNANT to be the responsible one?

The sad thing is that I'm sure that makes sense to you.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:35 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,646,250 times
It's called adoption - its been going on since the invention of sex and death.

And please recognize that there is a difference between children who are given up for adoption at birth or shortly thereafter (I would hazard a guess that would a near 100% placement rate) vs children who have been involuntarily taken from their biological parents by the state who then attempts to 'reunify' the family and only after years of failure and abuse do those children become available for adoption. And those that do I would hazard a guess that the older the child is and the more emotional issues he/she has probably lessens the likelyhood of their adoptive placement.

So. In your hypothetical world what you talking about? Voluntarily relinquishment with two years of birth or involuntary parental termination due to abuse and/or neglect?

And for the record, my son was adopted. It is a wonderful thing, and I would recommend adoption over IVF any day. But know one thing - my son is not a mistake.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:45 PM

220 posts, read 649,154 times
This question does not even make a bit of sense.
And while I don't personally agree with abortion, I also think the government should stay the hell out of what I do with my body. But regardless of this, I already have 5 kids adopted via the foster system so no I would not be willing to take on another. That being said, at what point should the people who are having unprotected sex have to take responsibility for their actions?

Old 06-22-2009, 03:59 PM

527 posts, read 1,282,629 times
Ouch. How is a baby a mistake? That has to be the greatest insult to that child.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:00 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,179,319 times
Quote:

how would you vote?

bwahahahaha.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:01 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,179,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
A baby is not a mistake! The unmarried parents chose to do wrong, thereby creating a living human being. Labeling this child as a mistake is barbaric. I did not vote in your poll because of that.

Yes, I would take a loving child into my home. I would not have to be forced to do so. After all, I earn my living by watching the little ones. It's not a JOB, it is a pleasure.
"Someone else's mistake" is how that darling living being got born, duh.

Go ahead and vote -- it's not as if you're actually committing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies