Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Mark Sanford resign?
Yes 73 59.35%
No 50 40.65%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 06:40 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times

Advertisements

Why would he resign?

If anyone should resign it would be Pelosi, Reid and then the village idiot named Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 06:42 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I think he should resign. It seems to me there should be some legality involved here, as our governor, an elected official, he just disappeared. He has an obligation to our state and he just shirked that responsibility.

He left Columbia 6/18 and the last signal from his cell phone was that day at 5:40PM and his phone was cut off for days. Our Lt Gov Andre Bauer was not advised that the Gov would be absent. Actually no one in governement was notified and even our SLED (South Carolina Law Enforcement Division) Chief confirmed on 6/20 Sanford's whereabouts was unknown.

When the national media became aware of our 'lost' governor, he caused his staffers to do a 'shuck & jive' number as they had no idea where he was either.

In recent years a large number of politicians have been caught with their pants down, tapping their feet in bathroom stalls or messing with underage pages. But these people didn't disappear for parts unknown leaving no one in charge during their absence. They did their deeds and kept on keeping on.

I don't care about his libedo demands, but I do hate to see his family hurt. He has a responsibility to the State of SC and disappearing is not part of the deal.
He was on vacation he didnt just disappear his chief of staff was able to get a hold of him

His chief of staff was able to get a hold of him

He told them he was going hiking he should have gone hiking but to say he should step down for taking a couple days vacation I think its a bit extreme if you said because he broke a vow to his wife I could understand that more

Old 06-24-2009, 06:45 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,275 times
Clinton didn't so why should this guy?

Old 06-24-2009, 06:48 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,265,288 times
Let him stay. I could use some laughs on Conan and Letterman.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:51 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Well, according to Sanford's own standards, his resignation would be the next step:

Sanford Was Harsh Critic Of Clinton Affair, Called President A Rascal

Old 06-24-2009, 06:58 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The only people to be answering this question should be the citizens of South Carolina. And I am sure they will. What do you think is really going on here? I don't think the whole truth of this story is out yet. Something smells like a skunk.
What's not going on here is his hike up the trail. I know you said that everyone should try it because it can be good for them, but this kind of hike should be avoided at all costs.

The skunk you may be smelling is possibly the new girlfriend blackmailing him...or that the newborn baby is on it's way.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
The economy is bad, Americans losing their jobs, Americans losing their homes, Iran, NK , 2 wars and everything else going on but lets worry about a gov cheating on his wife . Yes it is terrible but darn it that man let me tell ya. Lets ignore all those americans they dont know how they are going to pay for food. That darn gov cheated on his wife. thats so much more important. Hey but wait guess it gives Palin a break for a while.

Yall seem more worried about his pants then his wife that put him out of the house 2 weeks ago. lol

I mean this is so pressing. Lets halt our lives for that
Yeah riiight...sounds like deflection to me. It sounds nice and would be believable if your CD actions heeded those words.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:05 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I hope you can come up with a better reason than that. I don't think he should resign either, but to refer back to Bill Clinton (a tendency that I know is difficult for some to resist) seems pretty weak.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
What's important is not that he cheated on his wife, it's that he left the country for a week and no one knew where he was.

I find it funny that you would be saying how insignificant this is, considering you start a thread if you think Obama farted at an inopportune moment.
LOL - Exactly!

Old 06-24-2009, 07:06 PM

841 posts, read 2,261,252 times

YouTube - Mark Sanford on Lying and Marriage in 1998
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies