Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The legalization of marijuana
Yes, legalize it completely...with regulations similar to beer and tobacco 118 74.21%
Decriminalize it 17 10.69%
No, leave it 9 5.66%
Make punishments harsher 15 9.43%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 10:24 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times

Advertisements

Do some research on the DuPont Corporation's hand in the whole thing back in the 1930s. They didn't like competition...

Just to show how foolish government can be, they started with the federal level laws after alcohol prohibition had proven to cause more problems than it solved (it didn't really do much of the latter).

Capitalism's the trump card. Where there's a demand, there's a supply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 10:48 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times
I wonder how the legalization of pot will fit in with govt healthcare? Should the govt provide healthcare to those who are users? Isn't the govt trying to push for healthy alternatives, etc? Will this be any different than cigarettes?

Old 07-16-2009, 10:50 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Isn't the govt trying to push for healthy alternatives?
Maybe some vouchers to buy vaporizers.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:14 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,761,471 times
Marijuana for medical uses has nothing to do with insurance companies or healthcare. In California for instance, one does not recieve a prescription but rather a letter of recomendation from a doctor.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:35 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,548,971 times
CAUTION: Marijuana can cause bizarre behavior and irrational thought processes in people who have never tried it.

Last edited by Zekester; 12-24-2009 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-24-2009, 11:39 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,123,645 times
Is it possible to smoke weed and not lose your capacity for judgment / reasoning?

Old 12-24-2009, 11:53 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,886,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Also, I think that employers should be allowed to do drug tests...but Marijuana should not be on that test...But, if your dumb enough to smoke right before a job interview then you are stupid. Would you Drink before an interview?
Yes and Yes. I usually have been drunk or stoned at interviews. I used to work for the Senate Majority caucus in my state, and usually was better at work, more sociable, less intimidated by the pols and bosses, etc while drunk. Hell, I'm a charmer when a little tipsy, and I suspect the good senator and my direct boss were a little drunk themselves. I also would take bong rips about ten minutes before heading to the office. All this working for the Republicans in one of the most conservative states in the US. Being stoned has worked better for my usual, non intern work as a cook. I think its almost prerequisit (sp?) to be a drunk while working in politics and a stoner to be a cook.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:39 AM

36 posts, read 50,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
They should make the punishment harsher because Marijuana extremly damages your brain. Also, when the people does not have money to buy Marijuana they commence to steal money from other people.... However they will never do that. It's all a conspiracy.
You should really read over what you posted guy. Given the grammatical errors in your post, I'd say you should probably lay off the green stuff.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
CAUTION: Marijuana can cause bizarre behavior and irrational thought processes in people who have never tried it.
ZING!

Old 12-25-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
In 1937, weed was placed under the Harrison Narcotics Act. Narcotics authorities claim it is a habit forming drug, that its use is injurious to mind and body, and that it causes people who use it to commit crimes. Here are the facts: Weed is positively not habit forming. You can smoke weed for years and you will experience no discomfort if your supply is suddenly cut off...

Weed does not harm the general health. In fact, most users claim it gives you an appetite and acts as a tonic to the system. I do not know of any other agent that gives as definite boot to the appetite. I can smoke a stick of tea and enjoy a glass of California sherry and a hash house meal...

Weed does not inspire anyone to commit crimes. I have never seen anyone get nasty under the influence of weed. Tea heads are a sociable lot. Too sociable for my liking. I cannot understand why the people who claim weed causes crimes do not follow through and demand the outlawing of alcohol. Every day, crimes are committed by drunks who would not have committed the crime sober...There has been a lot said about the aphrodisiac effect of weed. For some reason, scientists dislike to admit that there is such a thing as an aphrodisiac, so most pharmacologists say there is "no evidence to support the popular idea that weed possesses aphrodisiac properties." I can say definitely that weed is an aphrodisiac and that sex is more enjoyable under the influence of weed than without it. Anyone who has used good weed will verify this statement...

You hear that people go insane from using weed...Weed psychosis corresponds more or less to delerium tremens and quickly disappears when the drug is withdrawn. Someone who smokes a few [marijuana] cigarettes a day is no more likely to go insane than a man who takes a few cocktails before dinner is likely to come down with the D.T.'s...

One thing about weed. A man under the influence of weed is completely unfit to drive a car. Weed disturbs your sense of time and consequently your sense of spatial relations. Once, in New Orleans, I had to pull over to the side of the road and wait until the weed wore off. I could not tell how far away anything was or when to turn or put on the brakes for an intersection.

--from Junky by William Burroughs
Very good sir/ma'am. I would also like to add that for one to 'overdose' on marijuana, you'd have to smoke 1500 lbs w/in a 24 hr period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies