Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Statue of Mohammed be Removed?
Yes 22 39.29%
No 34 60.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 01:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
OK, people, it's not a procession of religious leaders, it's a procession of law givers.

Click here:

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/about/...southwalls.pdf

And learn something, for God's sake.
Mohammed gave laws to me? I didn't know that I had reached dhimmi status yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 01:15 PM

968 posts, read 1,039,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But the 10 Commandments were allowed in public places when this building was constructed as atheists hadn't become so strong. No ACLU back then.
Actually the ACLU was founded (1920) 15 years before the Supreme Court Building was built (1935).

Old 07-02-2009, 01:19 PM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Maybe just needs a fresher upper to bring it up to date.
Replace the Koran with the head of a western male.
President Obama's likeness has already been proposed.

Frankly, I think he'd look pretty cool holding a sword.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
Actually the ACLU was founded (1920) 15 years before the Supreme Court Building was built (1935).
Was the ACLU what it is today back then? They leaned left from the beginning but they also tried to help people who weren't as left leaning as the only people they work for today.

I had some experience with the ACLU nearly 10 years ago and if my son had been black and getting treated as he was they would have been here in a minute. As it turned out they just turned me down and asked no real questions. Of course, I was a registered Republican then, as now.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:20 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Mohammed gave laws to me? I didn't know that I had reached dhimmi status yet.
Did you see the list of other personages depicted? They may or may not have had any direct impact on you personally, but an artistic depiction of significant figures in legal history doesn't have to have a religious connotation.

If a winery depicted a mosaic of monks creating champagne, it wouldn't necessarily be an homage to Catholicism, but rather to the historical record of the first champagnes accidentally being created.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:21 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
What have I advocated on here? How am I advocated a "mob-rule impulse"?
Quote:
I think we're technologically advanced enough at this point that we could remove part of a stone frieze without tearing down an entire building.
If you dont see it I cant explain it to you.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
President Obama's likeness has already been proposed.

Frankly, I think he'd look pretty cool holding a sword.
Obama holding a sword? Now there is some real fun appearing thinking. He has never been near a sword and would probably cut his hand holding the wrong spot.

Is it true that some people wanted to put his likeness with those other four Presidents even before he was coronated? It seems I heard something like that. A hero before you even get a chance to govern.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:23 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,713,713 times
Quote:
Was the ACLU what it is today back then? They leaned left from the beginning but they also tried to help people who weren't as left leaning as the only people they work for today.

I had some experience with the ACLU nearly 10 years ago and if my son had been black and getting treated as he was they would have been here in a minute. As it turned out they just turned me down and asked no real questions. Of course, I was a registered Republican then, as now.
Actually they were founded by advocates of eugenics, right our of Hitler's playbook; i.e. create the master race through breeding manipulation. They have always been a scary radical leftist organization.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Actually they were founded by advocates of eugenics, right our of Hitler's playbook; i.e. create the master race through breeding manipulation. They have always been a scary radical leftist organization.
Oh, for God's sake!

Old 07-02-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
You know, this is exactly the kind of [insert adjective] claim, and a morbid interest in the kind of person that would make it, that drew me to the Politics forum in the first place. People of a special variety were saying (well, repeating) things about some black guy who was running for president that I knew couldnt possibly be true, and I felt I should say, "Hey, wait a minute, use your head a little here."

just reminiscing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies