Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 10:44 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,990,154 times

Advertisements

Priceless!

From a GOP party flack that gave is this.

K Street Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 10:48 PM

785 posts, read 1,050,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I find it odd that most of the kneejerk Obama supporters commenting in this thread haven't addressed why they think that this is acceptable. Instead, they go to sideshow comments about Bachmann.

What is even funnier, many of these are the posters who like to comment about how intelligent the Obama supporters are. Perhaps they can't see the irony.
Although I hate the GOP with a fiery passion, I don't have a high opinion of Democrats in Congress either and I have a mildly favorable opinion of Obama. The reason that I haven't addressed what I think about what Bachman said is because I'm convinced that she is a complete ignoramus that has no idea what she's talking about. I'm not saying this just because she's a Republican either. She has a history of ranting and raving about real crazy stuff and saying things that simply aren't true.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:38 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,236,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
Although I hate the GOP with a fiery passion, I don't have a high opinion of Democrats in Congress either and I have a mildly favorable opinion of Obama. The reason that I haven't addressed what I think about what Bachman said is because I'm convinced that she is a complete ignoramus that has no idea what she's talking about. I'm not saying this just because she's a Republican either. She has a history of ranting and raving about real crazy stuff and saying things that simply aren't true.
Reasonable perspective, however I had added an article from a Minnesota news source (below) where they have specific GM dealers who are complaining about being notified they are having their contracts terminated even though they are profitable operations.

Shakopee Chev fights GM closure notice | Savage Pacer (http://www.savagepacer.com/news/general-news/shakopee-chev-fights-gm-closure-notice-106 - broken link)

Old 07-03-2009, 06:55 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,631,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Good lord. And you just know that every time she stands up to blather, the other Representatives want to kill themselves.
Now, there's an option that I can't argue with.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:13 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Video has nothing to do with this topic, the thread is about the government buying up GM.. Have you even watched the original OP Video?

nice try though..

Old 07-03-2009, 09:57 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,647,507 times
This is not about what Bachmann is saying, it is about who she is, a religious conservative. Remember Sarah Palin? Absolutely no tolerance for white conservative women to exist in the warped vision of the leftist's agenda. Their "progressive" ideology has no room for dissent or opinion outside their perverse tenets. That she is attempting to represent her constituency must truly be an outrage to them. She would be up there in stature with Cynthia McKinney if only she had a "D" not an "R" beside her name.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Reasonable perspective, however I had added an article from a Minnesota news source (below) where they have specific GM dealers who are complaining about being notified they are having their contracts terminated even though they are profitable operations.

Shakopee Chev fights GM closure notice | Savage Pacer (http://www.savagepacer.com/news/general-news/shakopee-chev-fights-gm-closure-notice-106 - broken link)
Read the article and I agree that GM shouldn't be shutting down sucessful dealers. However, I don't have a problem at all with the government owning GM and taking the necessary measures toward making GM a successful business again, even if it means shutting down some underperforming dealers. One poster made a good point that if the goverment didn't bail out GM, many of these dealers that are still in business would be out of business.

I'm also glad that the government acutally is having its say in the day to day operations of GM. They aren't doing this with the banks, which is why they are giving out outrageous executive compensation packages to deadbeat executives and investing in Dubai and China with the taxpayers money; money that should have been used to stop more homes from going into foreclosure and resuming lending. However, this doesn't mean that I agree with every decision that GM is making and, if it is true that they are closing profitable dealerships I would like to know the real reason because common logic tells you that they should keep the profitable dealers open. However, mabye there is more to this story than either of us know. Have you come across an explaination of why the government is closing these profitable dealers? I'd like to hear the other side of the story as well.

As for Michelle Bachmann, I honestly don't trust anything that comes out of mouth. It's not because she's a Republican; it's because she has a history about ranting and raving about things that aren't true.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Here is another example of gangster government!

YouTube - Rep. Michele Bachmann Supports Violent Opposition to Obama
This woman is inciting violence against the President of the United States because of a cap and trade bill that's too weak to begin with. WHAT A LUNATIC! And these Republican scumbags accuse us of being unpatriotic? Seriously, she needs to be 86ed from Congress and the Justice Department should look into pressing charges against her. Imagine what would have happened if someone from the left wing of the Democratic party, someone like Dennis Kucinich or Maxine Waters, told their constituents to grab their guns when Bush was planning the invasion of Iraq (an illegal act, unlike the cap and trade bill). You all know damn well that if either of them did such a thing, they'd be accused of terrorism.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:27 PM

Bachmann definitely has some screws loose to say the least. She tried to blame the swine flu outbreak on Obama and she said that she found it interesting that the last swine flu outbreak happened under Jimmy Carter. However, Gerald Ford was the president when the last swine flu outbreak happened. Now she's ranting and raving about not giving any information other than the number of people in her house to the Census Bureau because the Census info is what was used to intern the Japanese during WW2. Mabye she thinks Obama is going to start another internment or something? She also said that Iran was planning to annex Iraq and use the northern and western parts of Iraq to train terrorists. However, these parts of Iraq are Sunni and they boarder Syria. Her bulb is even more dimly lit than George W's and Sarah Palin's.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:28 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,061,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
People better open their eyes and speak up soon. Next could be your company!

YouTube - We Now Have A Total Gangster Government
You mean Sarah Palin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies