Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2009, 10:04 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Palin should know the rules of our flag. Nothing anybody else has done excuses that. In the position she is in, she should know what the flag symbolizes and how to care for and respect it.
Should democrats know that also or the dnc? Or how about the people that printed those flags with Obamas face on them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 10:06 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Should democrats know that also or the dnc? Or how about the people that printed those flags with Obamas face on them
Jadex... this isn't about democrats, the DNC, obama, or liberals.

This is about Palin. She should know. End of story.

Relativity is a dangerous and illogical approach to attempt to justify something.

See a spade for a spade.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:11 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Jadex... this isn't about democrats, the DNC, obama, or liberals.

This is about Palin. She should know. End of story.

Relativity is a dangerous and illogical approach to attempt to justify something.

See a spade for a spade.
Oh but it is relevant. And it does have to do with the dnc, obama, Ayers and anyone else on the liberal side that have explained away their doings with the flag to the tune of no big deal. Than to attack Palin.
Keep it up libbies it is bringing light on your hypocrisy and childish ways and in the end you are going to loose again. You libbies are acting like the bullies at a schoolyard and people will tire of it.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:13 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Oh but it is relevant. And it does have to do with the dnc, obama, Ayers and anyone else on the liberal side that have explained away their doings with the flag to the tune of no big deal. Than to attack Palin.
Keep it up libbies it is bringing light on your hypocrisy and childish ways and in the end you are going to loose again. You libbies are acting like the bullies at a schoolyard and people will tire of it.
But we won, decisively, by a huge margin.

Didn't you hear about it?

Old 07-03-2009, 10:18 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
But we won, decisively, by a huge margin.

Didn't you hear about it?
WTF does that have to do with it?

Or are you saying that because you won this round that you can be bullies, desecrate the flag, control people's lives, talk out of both sides of your mouth, attack with vicious venom any conservative, or even one of your own that is a threat or speaks out against the "one". Pal around with anyone that is Anti-American, be a racist, just because you won this round?

Old 07-03-2009, 10:20 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,719 times
Quote:
I am as conservative as they come.

Its a matter of class. Diversion and relativity solves nothing. Call the foul when there is a foul, not when you think a bad foul has been called on you. What Palin did in that photo shoot, most likely not knowing her rules of the flag, is wrong for somebody in her position or even as an American.

She should know better. Thats the end of this story.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:08 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
WTF does that have to do with it?

Or are you saying that because you won this round that you can be bullies, desecrate the flag, control people's lives, talk out of both sides of your mouth, attack with vicious venom any conservative, or even one of your own that is a threat or speaks out against the "one". Pal around with anyone that is Anti-American, be a racist, just because you won this round?
It didn't bother you a bit to do those things when Bush was trying to be the Emperor. Why should it bother us now?

Old 07-03-2009, 11:11 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
What did I tell ya, Met!?! Read my status!!
You are completely right on here, but I can't see your status....?

I see it never did answer the question about the pipeline. It always amazes me how some of them run their traps about AK while knowing less than nothing about it.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:25 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
This isn't very conservative of her: "Palin's violating the U.S. Flag Code (http://www.legion.org/national/americanflag/flagcode - broken link), which you can read on the American Legion's site, in how that U.S. flag is treated in the photo."

Sarah Palin Violates the U.S. Flag Code - Watching the Watchers

I can hear it now: "Oh, she didn't put the flag there. Someone for the shoot did. It isn't Sarah's fault!"

Oddly enough, I did not read anything in the "US Flag Code" article about draping a flag on a chair. According to the rules, she is not allowing it to touch the ground; the colors are in the proper order and position (the flag is not upside down or backwards); she is not using it for advertising; and she does not appear to be "disrespecting it" in any way. Therefore, I don't see the problem.

I have a much bigger problem with people who fly the flag at half staff for just any old reason. I read on mydeathspace.com where the highschool flew their flag at half-staff because one or two of their students were killed in a car wreck. I don't see that listed as a viable reason in the Code.

I do not like Sarah Palin one little bit, but I defend her in this instance because I do not see any gross violations of the Code that you mention.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-03-2009, 11:39 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
OMG! You mean maybe donate them to decorate veteran's graves on Memorial Day after they've served their purpose for a photo and video op? What a radical idea.

Too much trouble I guess. Trash cans are easier.
What do you think the VA and cemetaries do with little flags on sticks?

They throw them in the trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies