Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2009, 12:38 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I don't think so. It is pure jealously and fear. You can deny all you want but most normal people moved on once the election was over. Among my friends Palin is never talked about. All I see is liberals obsessing about her everywhere.

So rant on but all it looks like to me is jealousy and fear.
You're welcome anytime to come to my island and I will take you to breakfast. The political talk in the local cafe is quite interesting; I think that you would learn something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 12:42 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
Quote:
I don't think so. It is pure jealously and fear. You can deny all you want but most normal people moved on once the election was over. Among my friends Palin is never talked about. All I see is liberals obsessing about her everywhere.

So rant on but all it looks like to me is jealousy and fear.
so you're only friends with other conservatives? what kind of planet do you live on?

Old 07-03-2009, 12:48 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
I don't think so. It is pure jealously and fear. You can deny all you want but most normal people moved on once the election was over.
She's still campaigning, still sticking her face in front of every camera within shooting distance, still giving interviews about her pregnant daughter/dead beat grandbaby's daddy, still hoping all over the -48 giving self serving speeches. I guess that cements our view of Palin. She isn't normal.

She is the star of the ongoing comedy show known as the

WAILIN', BLAMIN' FAILIN' PALIN COMEDY HOUR

Old 07-03-2009, 12:48 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
so you're only friends with other conservatives? what kind of planet do you live on?

I am a firm believer that you are judged by the company you keep. I choose my friends wisely and associations are just that, associations. I am not going to spend my time obsessing on Sarah Palin. I will look into her again if she became a candidate like I will look into everyone that would be a candidate. I will leave the "Palin Obsessions" to the liberals that cannot seem to get her out of their collective minds.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
I am a firm believer that you are judged by the company you keep. I choose my friends wisely and associations are just that, associations. I am not going to spend my time obsessing on Sarah Palin. I will look into her again if she became a candidate like I will look into everyone that would be a candidate. I will leave the "Palin Obsessions" to the liberals that cannot seem to get her out of their collective minds.
Once again, it isn't quite a partisan issue among the voters of the state of Alaska. What do you know about her actual governorship here?

Old 07-03-2009, 12:51 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
Quote:
I'll take that as a yes....
liberals are apparently not good enough for the likes of your upstanding moral character....

jesus christ...

Old 07-03-2009, 12:53 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Her ablity to draw crowds scares the h*ll out of you because people will come out of the woodwork to vote against hussein obama by the time he is done with this term.
Barack Husseing Obama is POTUS. More than naught believe the reason John McCain is NOT POTUS is because he chose Failin' as his running mate.

She didn't win last year and she's not gonna win in 2012. Talk around Alaska has it that she may not win another election at home either.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:53 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post

WAILIN', BLAMIN' FAILIN' PALIN COMEDY HOUR
Sounds like the next reality show on [insert name of network here] network.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:55 PM

This is the opinion of a former governor of Alaska and a man who knows Alaskan politics very well.

http://community.adn.com/node/141753

Quote:
Wally Hickel on the Exxon deal: "Palin is putting her national ambitions first"

Posted by Alaska_Politics

Posted: June 11, 2009 - 5:22 pm

Comments (48) | Recommend (7)

From Sean Cockerham in Anchorage --

Most of the reaction to the deal has been cautiously optimistic or better.

But former Gov. Wally Hickel just put out a blistering statement on the announcement that Exxon Mobil joined with TransCanada to work on a natural gas pipeline to the Lower 48.

First some context: The Republican Hickel was co-chair of Gov. Sarah Palin's 2006 campaign for governor. But they had a hard split when Palin dropped her active promotion of the proposed "all-Alaska" natural gas pipeline route from the North Slope to Valdez, an idea Hickel is passionate about.

Below is Hickel's statement:

When Governor Sarah Palin was elected in 2006, we believed she would put Alaska first. But once elected, she put Sarah first.

Because of her national ambitions, she is promoting an agenda that will allow Outside corporations to dominate Alaska’s resources, including our energy and the jobs it provides.

Over my objection, the Governor negotiated a contract last year with TransCanada under AGIA, supported by the legislature, that will now provide ExxonMobil Corporation with half of $500 million of state funds.

I have urged the Governor many times to lead our state in another direction. We should build and own a natural gas pipeline from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez and ship Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) to world markets.

She has taken another road.

Unless the people of Alaska rise up and oppose the TransCanada -ExxonMobil deal, we will revert to the situation in territorial days when Outside interests controlled our lives.

Alaska must not lose its way as an Owner State. We have created a state based on commonly-owned resources and lands. That model is alive and well in Alaska. It’s an important concept for the world, and we mustn’t lose what the founders of our state created 50 years ago.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:57 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Once again, it isn't quite a partisan issue among the voters of the state of Alaska. What do you know about her actual governorship here?

I don't live in Alaska and I have no interest in looking into Palin unless it was closer to an election (like a year before) or she became a candidate again. For me, once an election is over I concentrate on the person that won not the people that did not win.

This obsession and preoccupation with Palin is a stupid as if people were preoccupied with all the other candidates that did not win. It looks like plan old fear and jealousy. Would I vote for Palin? I have no idea at this point. The bar has been lowered with the election of hussein Obama so more people would qualify under that scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies