Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 01:15 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,610 times

Advertisements

[quote=GloryB;9587563]It is beginning to sound desperate and well........stupid.[/quotw]

Palin puts herself in front of the media every chance she gets. It is desperate and stupid on her part, I agree. As long as she does it, I'm going to be there watching and critiquing the show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 01:18 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metlakatla View Post
that proves it--you're scared of her
lol!!!

Old 07-03-2009, 01:32 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,093,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
how do you know someone's a liberal? lol...
I'm really interested as to how you can tell...unless you instantly and constantly talk politics and express your opinions on it to everyone... so that you know...
if you don't do that.. then how do you know?

LOL and you asked me if I was 12? OK I will dumb this down.

Friends: You meet people and they are associations or possibly remain strangers. You are around the associations (example:co-worker). You find you have a lot in common with an association and you invite them to dinner or do other things with them (shopping, ect). This association becomes your friend.

Associations: You meet someone. You talk to them and find you have little to nothing in common with them. Association is friendly but not a friend you invite into your life because you have nothing in common with them.

See how that works?

Old 07-03-2009, 01:36 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
LOL and you asked me if I was 12? OK I will dumb this down.

Friends: You meet people and they are associations or possibly remain strangers. You are around the associations (example:co-worker). You find you have a lot in common with an association and you invite them to dinner or do other things with them (shopping, ect). This association becomes your friend.

Associations: You meet someone. You talk to them and find you have little to nothing in common with them. Association is friendly but not a friend you invite into your life because you have nothing in common with them.

See how that works?
you're missing the point... I get how friends are made..
what I don't get is how you can blatantly say you have nothing in common with liberals...
that would imply that political views are all your friendships are built upon?
I know liberals that like to hunt, fish, camp, ride dirt bikes, ski,
What I'm trying to illustrate for you is that you're stereotyping someone with liberal views, as someone that would not share the same interests as you..
and I want to know how you know that for sure unless everything you are interested in revolves around politics??

Old 07-03-2009, 01:37 PM

Palin has announced she is not running again so maybe we can concentrate on how hussein obama is destroying this country even if he is still not man enough to take responsibility for his own actions and continues to blame everything on Bush.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:40 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Palin has announced she is not running again so maybe we can concentrate on how hussein obama is destroying this country even if he is still not man enough to take responsibility for his own actions and continues to blame everything on Bush.
Palin has finally decided to finally put ALASKA FIRST and has resigned as governor.

We're having a party on the island tonight.

Fireworks and moonshine.

You are all invited.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
you're missing the point... I get how friends are made..
what I don't get is how you can blatantly say you have nothing in common with liberals...
that would imply that political views are all your friendships are built upon?
I know liberals that like to hunt, fish, camp, ride dirt bikes, ski,
What I'm trying to illustrate for you is that you're stereotyping someone with liberal views, as someone that would not share the same interests as you..
and I want to know how you know that for sure unless everything you are interested in revolves around politics??

How about lifestyle? Or maybe their views and what they say about their views, posssibly in front of my children.

Whatever we are both way off topic and some moderator will come and slap us both around.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Palin has finally decided to finally put ALASKA FIRST and has resigned as governor.

We're having a party on the island tonight.

Fireworks and moonshine.

You are all invited.

Now maybe the obsession will be over.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:47 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,222,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Did you read the article I posted that former governor Wally Hickel wrote?
Why would you care what some former governor wrote?

Again, UNLESS all you guys consider Sarah Palin a threat....why bother going on and on about trying to convince everyone else how stupid she is?

The election is over.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:52 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Why would you care what some former governor wrote?

Again, UNLESS all you guys consider Sarah Palin a threat....why bother going on and on about trying to convince everyone else how stupid she is?

The election is over.
Perhaps if you read the article you would understand why I care.

I live in Alaska. When our jobs are given to foreigners by someone who promised to put ALASKA FIRST, you're damned skippy I care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies