Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:58 PM

17,383 posts, read 16,524,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh "judgy??? Like this?

""""The terrorist attacks were caused by truly evil extremists. They were not acts of God and those terrorists looked to themselves (not God)"""
I don't think my statement was being **judgy** at all.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:09 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Palin Facebook Message Slams Media, References "Higher Calling"

"I am now looking ahead and how we can advance this country together with our values of less government intervention, greater energy independence, stronger national security, and much-needed fiscal restraint. I hope you will join me. Now is the time to rebuild and help our nation achieve greatness!"

Who "values" would this be? Never mind that her own administration in Alaska has violated every single one of these "values."

And as for her threats of a lawsuit:
Perhaps Barack Obama should sue Sarah Palin for defamation of character?

And for what "higher calling" has she abandoned the governorship? Being governor was too "low" a calling for it?

What a complete loser this woman is. Leading the pack in her "Iquitarod."

I knew that her quitting was only the beginning of her road to vengeance.
I think I've got Sarah figured out, at last:

She is like one of those 3rd tier contestants on American Idol- the ones that make it to Hollywood, then get booted.

Being really stupid, and really power hungry, Sarah (and her advisors- many from her high school days, as I understand it) don't know/understand much, except that to keep the loons rallied she has to be in the national spotlight every possible minute- regardless of how- in the next 3 years.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:09 PM

17,383 posts, read 16,524,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
So now was it God's will that his chosen one win on election day? If Palin prayed for God's will to have her win on November 4 does her defeat equal heavenly rejection?
Just wondering

Nah, it doesn't work that way.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:11 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I HOPE that I am the first C-D member to get one of those letters and she sues ME.

Sarah,I think you are a twit who won the lottery of life by being tapped as a running mate by a party COMPLETELY full of twits ...I do not think you are smart enough nor qualified to be the Mayor of that tiny town you lived in,much less VPOTUS or POTUS....I think you are poorly educated,speak poorly and are a complete airheaded ditz.

I also think you are a liar,vindictive and THE worst social climber/name dropper that I have EVER seen or heard about and you should be on the BOTTOM rung of the ladder if even THAT high....You are playing WAY beyond your abilities and you prove that on a daily basis.

SO SUE ME and disprove in court ANYTHING that I've said

The jurors would laugh them completely out of court if it even made it that far.
I was thinking my letter would be here by the time I got back from fishing but it isn't.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:34 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, her "William F Buckley" statement: "What do you think William F. Buckley would have thought about her as the standard bearer for the Republican party?" was right on target. In the last couple of decades (and especially more recently) the GOP has gone from being a party of thinkers to being a party of knuckledraggers and has abased itself to the lowest common denominator - a party that has fallen so low that it's trying to make the term "Elite" into a bad word (mainly it seems, because they don't have anyone smart enough to be called "elite" anymore - so they are attempting to make it into something undesirable). What do you folks think William F Buckley WAS???? Buckley was EXTREMELY well educated and more or less the absolute symbol of someone who was "Elite" - as elite as elite could be - the absolute cream of the intellectual crop - and there is no one in the GOP even remotely like him anymore - instead they have brainless goons such as Rush Limbaugh and empty-headed bimbos such as Sarah Palin who have become the face of the party.

And folks wonder whey the GOP has fallen into disarray?

Ken
Good for Liz Trotta, for not-so-subtly reminding the GOP where they came from and where they're supposed to be. Maybe this is the start of a concerted undercurrent within that's going to quietly but firmly cut the Base OFF ITSELF.

Maybe this is the beginning of the end of the horrible Contract On America > permanent Republican majority > Rush/Faux > Bush > Sarah Palin era....

Old 07-06-2009, 03:51 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I was thinking my letter would be here by the time I got back from fishing but it isn't.
I don't think she can find me but I'll keep hoping.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:55 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Cluck cluck cluck cluck....

Old 07-06-2009, 03:57 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

??????????????

Obama says Palin's family off limits - CNN.com

Were you not aware of this...?
I'd marked that post to reply to, but you beat me to the punch. It bears spelling out, though, as I don't put much stock in them actually clicking through on a link, reading something that proves they were wrong, and coming back to apologize, promising never to repeat the same lie again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barack Obama

Let me be as clear as possible, I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president.

I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. My mother had me when she was 18, and how family deals with issues and teenage children -- that shouldn't be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who's supporting me understands that's off limits.
So the claim that, "when Obama said his family was off limits people respected that but that didnt count for republicans children and family," is a flat out falsehood. It wasn't Obama's children he made that statement about, it was Sarah Palin's!

And what's worse, is that not only has Sarah Palin not made that correction clear to her supporters, she's actually fueled it, by snottily repeating it, calling her President, "He who must be obeyed". It's outrageous behavior for anyone, but it's beyond the pale for a state Governor.

She makes it impossible to have even a tiny shred of respect for her. Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:05 PM

Jill, this is interesting - RJ Eskow: Is Sarah Palin the First Post-Modern Politician?

also the Liz Trotta remarks are spot on, and how refreshing to know that it was broadcast on Faux. (Interesting to see if she keeps that correspondent job, too.)

Old 07-06-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
More specific to Sarah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies