Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 07:19 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post

its their word against his.... and its his own fault for being involved with money hungry/oppurtinist adults kids, it was never proven in any instant.

im still waiting on R-foley to be called on as such for being caught for soliciting sex from a minor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I believe Jackson was a pervert child molester and I agree with the congressman. It doesn't matter how great his music was, he USED his position to get his hands on little boys.
wow

Old 07-06-2009, 07:22 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
What was he convicted of? Refresh my memory..Becuase you believe something doesn't make it so.

Yes but I believe it too. We don't need a conviction to tell us Jacko paid of the parents of the boy he was accused of having sex with. If he was so innocent then why did he pay hush money?

Old 07-06-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Yes but I believe it too. We don't need a conviction to tell us Jacko paid of the parents of the boy he was accused of having sex with. If he was so innocent then why did he pay hush money?

u know if i use this analogy u use i can apply it to alot of things politically controversial that were covered up

Old 07-06-2009, 07:38 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Tank...you and I usually seem to find ourselves on the same page and fighting the good fight together,but I'm going to have to veer off the path a bit and just meet you further down the road aways

I think what PETER KING() said is right in many ways...the dude WAS a perv and to discuss why he never went to jail is a money issue and for another thread entirely.

MJ may have given 300 million to charity,but was notorious for not paying his debts....I never viewed him as talented myself,but talent is only an opinion anyway if you stop and think about it.

I think the U.S. glorifies the freakish and imho it is wrong how the MJ thing is going....they ignore the bad and glorify the good(if you can call his music good that is)...he was NOT a good role model for children,he inspired nobody that I know personally and although it is sad when ANYONE dies, I found him to be no more important than the countless other poor souls who also passed away on that same day and whose family and friends mourned them without a bunch of "phony" glory.

They need to give it a rest IMO.
I haven't been an MJ fan in years but I'll never ascribe guilt to a person that's never been convicted of something because I think he's a freak. If the family that Jackson paid believed that their son was violated, they should've followed through with the criminal case. When people go away for money, that gives me pause. There were so many accusations but never any evidence, physical or circumstantial. Just that, MJ hangs with kids and is a freak so he must be a perv. I'm saying this and I believe in very harsh punishments for child abusers of all ilks but I also don't believe in fingering guilt without just cause. I've said in another thread that the media covers what people want to see. More than a million people have requested to attend MJs memorial so they're going to cover it. Talent is subjective but with 100+ million albums sold and his once pending concert selling out in minutes around the world, there were still people that believed he had talent. Fact is, if we don't like the coverage, we can turn it off. I view it as another reality show. I hate them ALL and have no trouble ignoring them but those who want to watch can have it.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
much better put by mr obama remember the brilliant artist not the tragic personal life.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:40 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
much better put by mr obama remember the brilliant artist not the tragic personal life.
agree, that was nice.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
If he was so guilty, why did they take the money and go away? A civil suit can be filed after a criminal case. We're acting as if greed has never driven people to lie. Who would be an easy target to extort? A guy who is a freak that spends his time with kids, only 1-2 of which claimed he harmed them. Neither substantiated. IMO, those things were blown out of proportion just like the aftermath to his death.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:44 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
If he was so guilty, why did they take the money and go away? A civil suit can be filed after a criminal case. We're acting as if greed has never driven people to lie. Who would be an easy target to extort? A guy who is a freak that spends his time with kids, all but 1 or 2 have claimed that he did anything wrong to them. Neither substantiated. IMO, those things were blown out of proportion just like the aftermath to his death.
I don't think jackson was guilty of anything more than being an odd fellow. OJ on the other hand, now he's guilty. I don't care what he was convicted of.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I don't think jackson was guilty of anything more than being an odd fellow. OJ on the other hand, now he's guilty. I don't care what he was convicted of.
Different case..There was actually physical and circumstantial evidence that could lead one to believe OJ was guilty. OJ was also later convicted of Robbery. There was nothing proven in MJs case. Just accusations that were never substantiated. MJ being a perv basically became an urban legend supported and fanned by his freakish aura which evolved into fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies