Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 06:44 AM

221 posts, read 437,289 times

Advertisements

The only thing I find that is funny is how every celebrity out there is acting like they are Jackson's best friend. They all are worshipping him at every moment, yet when he was alive, they didnt give a crap about him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 06:48 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,517,243 times
I will go ahead and say its funny as hell that the regular bush bashers here (you know, the toolbags that say he is a war criminal and should be thrown in jail and waterboarded) are saying Jackson did nothing wrong since he was never convicted. So selective with their outrage.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I guess an individual with no knowledge or evidence of anothers actions determine guilt and fact? It should be a priority that people are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a Court of Law. Isn't that Palin's defense? I think she embezzled money because she's quirky and strange. Does my belief make her guilty or make it a fact? This country is messed up because we ignore the law when its inconvienent.

And you bash her all the time because you "think" (or lack thereof) and that's what this politician is doing.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:51 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
I will go ahead and say its funny as hell that the regular bush bashers here (you know, the toolbags that say he is a war criminal and should be thrown in jail and waterboarded) are saying Jackson did nothing wrong since he was never convicted. So selective with their outrage.
I'd love to see a link to whomever said that..or are you making shyt up again?

Old 07-07-2009, 06:57 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

YouTube - Peter King Calling Michael Jackson A Pervert And Pedophile

Great video. He is right on the money.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:00 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,198,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Tacky to speak of someone in that manner once they're dead.
See here is where I disagree with you. Maybe it's a NY thing (I was raised in NY). I agree with his comments and find them dead on the money.

Just because someone dies, that doesn't magically transform them into a good person if they were not, make them normal if they were a freak, or remove the fact that they were a pervert or pedophile if they were one.

Now I have no way to know if Michael Jackson was in fact a pedophile, but I do know that he did ridiculous, strange, and poorly reflecting things such as letting strange boys sleep in his bed. I do know that he paid millions in hush money to children and their families, and I know that he dangled his kids from balconies and made them wear masks and gloves like little freaks.

So maybe you think it's tacky to speak of someone truthfully once they're dead but I don't. If you didn't deserve my respect when alive, then you certainly don't deserve it once you die.

What I think is tacky is this idol worship and show biz crap with people who have never met Jackson acting like they were his best friend or parent. Total strangers flying to LA to attend a service for someone who wrote and performed songs 25 to 30 years ago. That's a bit strange in my book. Sure, you enjoyed his music; you're sad he's dead....got it. To act like the end of the world has arrived because Michael Jackson died demonstrates the intellect of many Americans.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
And you bash her all the time because you "think" (or lack thereof) and that's what this politician is doing.
I bash her after she does something stupid which is frequently..I was also using that as a hypothetical example..

Old 07-07-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I bash her after she does something stupid which is frequently..I was also using that as a hypothetical example..

Yeah because a 40 year old sleeping with little boys isnt stupid. Making close to a billion dollars and being in debt isnt stupid.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Yeah because a 40 year old sleeping with little boys isnt stupid. Making close to a billion dollars and being in debt isnt stupid.
It's his bed, his money and his fans that have choosen to go out of their way to memorialize him. If something happened criminal in that bed, prove it, otherwise we don't convict people for being stupid. If that were the case Bush and Palin would be doing life without parole. I don't condone sleeping in a bed with kids but the parents of said kids approved of it, maybe you should be attacking them. A parent is the one charged with protecting their child.

It all reaks of jealousy to me. This Congressman is using MJs death as a platform to spout off, plain and simple.

People still memorialize Elvis and he's been dead for 30 years and was a drug addict that stole his entire act from James Brown.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:21 AM

63 posts, read 105,284 times
St John 3:16. Jesus Cared for him and He cares for and loves you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies