Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 08:36 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,293,179 times

Advertisements

Sorry but he said he shared his bed with kids. Also to the point that why did they take the money, does not make any sense. Why did he GIVE the money. If he could afford such high price legal teams then he could afford to not pay them. If you say it was to save his image, I ask how did that work out? Not well.

Good for the congressmen, I hope Wacko Jacko is burning in hell right now. Of course the morons like Olberman and any Liberal doesn't care because it's coming from a Republican. Sad and disgusting politics come into play when talking about perverts.

I guess the fact he could sing and dance takes president over the fact he harmed kids. Nice priorities, no wonder this country is messed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 08:51 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,495,492 times
While I am getting quite sick of the overexposure on the Michael Jackson story, I do not find Rep King's remarks appropriate.

Some things, even if you think it, are better left unsaid. There is a time and place for everything, and Rep King's remarks on the eve of the Jackson Memorial service is not the time nor the place.

It is shameful how Rep King made a You-Tube video on this topic. It smacks of political opportunism on his part, and really reflects more on his poor judgment than anyone else's, and that includes that of the late Michael Jackson.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:58 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I guess the fact he could sing and dance takes president over the fact he harmed kids. Nice priorities, no wonder this country is messed up.
I guess an individual with no knowledge or evidence of anothers actions determine guilt and fact? It should be a priority that people are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a Court of Law. Isn't that Palin's defense? I think she embezzled money because she's quirky and strange. Does my belief make her guilty or make it a fact? This country is messed up because we ignore the law when its inconvienent.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:23 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
MJ was alot things but he was never proven to have committed any criminal offenses involving children. We know that he was absurdly weird and wildly talented. We know that he donated upwards of 300 million dollars to charity. Because one is extremely strange and often accused doesn't make him guilty. There are even rumors that one accuser has recanted(unconfirmed). BTW, I'm no huge MJ fan, just stating the facts.

Jordan Chandler Admits He Lied About Michael Jackson Wiki Wikipedia | TechBanyan
it's entirely possible that this kid did lie - but there's nothing at all in your [rather silly] link establishing that he did so.

did you notice that?

Old 07-06-2009, 10:57 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
No one can deny that his passing is big news worthy of worldwide attention. However, I do agree that the coverage has been very one sided and politically correct. MJ was a freak, he chose to seclude himself and purposely pulled zany stunts to inflate his mystique. There was a time when he was a great entertainer, but you can't ignore the child molestation scandals he brought upon himself (regardless if he wasn't convicted), stealing the Beatles music, stealing many of his eccentricities from Elvis who he tried so desperately to emulate, and his drug abuse just to name a few.
How did he steal the Beatles music?

Old 07-07-2009, 12:33 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
How did he steal the Beatles music?
I think he meant "paid an ungodly sum of money for the Beatles library".

Old 07-07-2009, 12:36 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
A New York congressman says Michael Jackson was a "pervert" and calls on society to stop "glorifying" the late entertainer in a YouTube video.

Rep. Peter King said Jackson -- whom he called a "low-life" -- is being glorified in the days after his death while society ignores the efforts, of teachers, police officers, firefighters and veterans. In the two-minute video, King claims the "day in and day out" coverage of Jackson's death is "too politically correct."

New York Congressman Blasts Jackson as 'Pervert, Low-Life' - Political News - FOXNews.com
I couldn't agree more. Is this society completely incapable of seperating the man from his music. He made some awesome tunes but he was no one to glorify.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:05 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I couldn't agree more. Is this society completely incapable of seperating the man from his music. He made some awesome tunes but he was no one to glorify.
The two-week(++?)-long coverage, the insane funeral in a stadium with lottery-wristbands -- for an entertainer -- it's like a real life Day of the Locust.

Love it...in a way....you couldnt make it up anyway.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:39 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
I do think its kind of sad that the country is so starved for a spectacle or a diversion that they have to elevate Jackson to a cult figure status. He was a tremendous musical talent that got VERY weird and his life ended tragically. Didn't that happen to many musical and entertainment icons? Mozart, for one. He died and the world went about ist business. When was Jackson's last hit again? How many people made money making fun of his bizarre lifestyle? His apparent attempts to change his racial and even sexual identity. And how many stories did the media run on his personal problems just to get viewers? Now they're cashing in on his death as a tribute to him.
This just makes us look insecure and shallow as a people. A guy dies, throw a party and make sure everybody knows that he meant alot to you because that reflects well on you. Pathetic.
The man deserves some peace and respect now that he's dead, not a freak show spectacle of celebrity mourners out for attention, people with nothing better to do than to carry on in public and media whores who wouldn't know real journalism and news if it fell on them.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:39 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it's entirely possible that this kid did lie - but there's nothing at all in your [rather silly] link establishing that he did so.

did you notice that?
Hence the word "unconfirmed" which is in my post regarding the article. The FACT still remains that there are no convictions. I honestly could give a rats @ss about the court of public opinion. Many on that dumb @ss court have convicted Obama of being a muslim, terrorist and non-American which are all absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies