Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:53 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I have to agree, people shouldn't be talking about dead people... on that note, lets rag on Al Gore...
Naw....he's out of the spotlight,let's stick with Palin since she so desperately wants the attention anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 05:21 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,986 times
I can't believe anyone voted for this piece of trash.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:31 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,472,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
He was doing a Palin. You know, quitting/settling for the good of all..Neither has been convicted of anything though.
It won't let me rep you again.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:31 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
I can't believe anyone voted for this piece of trash.
CJ....think!!!!He is a Republican....the history of others they have elected etc etc etc..Bush,Cheney,Palin etc etc etc.

See,it's easier to understand how he got elected isn't it?

I do agree with some of the things he said,but nobody elected me and FAUX doesn't chase me for comments,therefore I can afford to be classless and nobody cares.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:49 PM

932 posts, read 1,678,048 times
MJ did more for charity than any of us will ever do in our lives. Who is Peter King and what has he done?

Old 07-07-2009, 10:22 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,550,060 times
Has it occurred to anyone who doesn't like the coverage, to just turn it off? What's the big deal? To hammer away at MJ at this time, regardless of who he was and what he did in life, is like pissing on the man's grave. I just don't understand how this kind of cruelty turns someone on.

I'd like to see more people having the grace to just let it go.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:01 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,630,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Just because someone dies, that doesn't magically transform them into a good person if they were not, make them normal if they were a freak, or remove the fact that they were a pervert or pedophile if they were one.

So maybe you think it's tacky to speak of someone truthfully once they're dead but I don't. If you didn't deserve my respect when alive, then you certainly don't deserve it once you die.

Exactly!

Now, it IS tacky to be rude and say crap at your neighbor's funeral if it is petty annoying stuff like "that SOB was a jerk, he always left his grass clippings on my sidewalk, and let his dog pee in my flowers; thank G-d he's dead."

Now THAT is tacky.

But to tell the truth about someone after they are dead, not tacky.

I did NOT sugarcoat my ex bf (in HS) when he died. I understand there were quite a few people that loved him, but I would NOT sit there (10yr HS reunion) and listen to them telling me to say at least one nice thing about the bast**d that broke my nose, my wrist, 3 cracked ribs, and date raped me on our 3rd date, all because I refused to have sex. There is NOTHING nice to say about him, and I still to this day will not do it.

That, is NOT tacky.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:03 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,630,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Missionary View Post
Harsh and derogatory statements have a way of returning back to the speakers to haunt them. Where has peter king been all this time? Why open his mouth now? The Lord spoke about the death of Michael Jackson years ago. He's the judge and Not peter king or any one else.
Would he have spoken so harshly about Elvis Presley and his known drug use that cost him his life? Farrah was no angel. I believe the guy is a sick racist!!!!
Let us take note of these people's death and seek to prepare to meet the Lord Jesus. We are all going to DIE just as they did. WILL YOU BE READY to meet the lord ? Will it be in peace(saved) or in Terror(a sinner)? Hebrews 9:27. God bless ALL of you and I will remember all in prayer.
Wrong room for the Jesus speak, pumpkin.

Religion is down the hall to the left.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:09 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Exactly!

Now, it IS tacky to be rude and say crap at your neighbor's funeral if it is petty annoying stuff like "that SOB was a jerk, he always left his grass clippings on my sidewalk, and let his dog pee in my flowers; thank G-d he's dead."

Now THAT is tacky.

But to tell the truth about someone after they are dead, not tacky.

I did NOT sugarcoat my ex bf (in HS) when he died. I understand there were quite a few people that loved him, but I would NOT sit there (10yr HS reunion) and listen to them telling me to say at least one nice thing about the bast**d that broke my nose, my wrist, 3 cracked ribs, and date raped me on our 3rd date, all because I refused to have sex. There is NOTHING nice to say about him, and I still to this day will not do it.

That, is NOT tacky.
Going on video to state such things publicly, then going on TV to say the same, is in fact, what you are stating as tacky. Publicly demeaning a dead person.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:15 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,827,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Missionary View Post
I believe the guy is a sick racist!!!!

How is he a RACIST? Is he against white people? Michael Jackson was not a black man, well he was at one time, but he denounced his blackness years ago, obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies