Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 12:23 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,845,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Those children have no purpose in going other then for them to get a stamp in their passport and a free trip. You think the Russians care if they come or not. lol
Or so you would like to think. Its the only way to make your day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 12:25 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,913,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
huh Talking about avg americans having jobs in the post you just quoted NOT Obamas

Michelle doesnt have a job Barack has a job

Those children have no purpose in going other then for them to get a stamp in their passport and a free trip. You think the Russians care if they come or not. lol

you all act like we arent in debt and its just a must have for Michelle to fly around with Obama and Michelle and the Girls stay behind for a shopping spree so we can pay for their own trip back.

I am sure Putin is impressed that his daughters are there or cares

If they want the girls to go to Russia pay for it just like we have to pay for our own trips.
Actually, the Russians were delighted to see Obama's family. They are particulary interested in Sasha, because her name is so evocative in Russian.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:28 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,304,733 times
Yeah, keep those kids separated from their parents.
In fact, we should probably just cage them for the duration.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:29 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,849,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
Hey Jenny Squirrel, since you are so sick of politicians living it up at the taxpayers expense, where is your thread about how Sarah Palin was charging Alaska a per diem to stay in her own house?
Yeah, a house that was probably built at the taxpayers’ expense!

The BRAD BLOG : EXCLUSIVE: PALIN RESIGNATION 'DAMAGE CONTROL' FOR COMING 'ICEBERG SCANDAL' ... MORE: EMBEZZLEMENT INDICTMENTS COMING?

BYW, GWB took more vacations than any other President. Did you know that? Judging from your thread here, I bet that news inferiorities you!

President Bush By The Numbers - CBS News

Old 07-09-2009, 12:33 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,849,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Considering Sarah Palin was asked to pay $7K back to the State of Alaska for jetting her kids around with her, I find it difficult to see the difference.

Questionable travel is nearly as old as politics itself. So it's OK on the left, but not on the right?

Personally, I don't care about Obama's kids...but when grandma, aunts, uncles, third cousins, and 7th great uncles get a free ride on my tax dollars, then I get rightfully pissed off.
You don't think Airforce One had room for two children. Did not Palin charge her childrens' plane tickets to Alaska?

Old 07-09-2009, 12:38 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,770,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
People are losing their jobs and homes and yet this big spender is once again turning his nose up at the American taxpayers. WHY in the world is his entire family on this trip? He's got the wife, the kids and the Grandma and now they are even bringing the god mother,Eleanor Kaye Wilson.

Their current summer vacation includes sightseeing in Russia, Italy and Ghana.

I thought he moved her family in the white house so she could baby sit? Why are we footing this bill now? Wasn't just a few weeks ago that they were all jetting around Paris and England on "Michelle One" shopping, sight seeing and eating Fish and Chips?

I wonder what offical business that was about? Obammyhad already left on Air Force One. So it was just the free loading family jetting around.

I couldn't agree with you more! Talk about taking advantage of a situation and tax payers' money....and talk about exploitation of one's children ("parading them around" as Sarah Palin supposedly did! What a double standard some people have when they think anything Obama does is right, cool, acceptable, etc. but let a member of the Repub. party do the same thing and it is criminal, wrong, and unacceptable.

I'm sure some of the impoverished children in this country would like a vacation like the Obama girls are getting....oh wait, if he robs from the rich to give to the poor, maybe all of them will get international jet set trips in the near future.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:50 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,609,474 times
I have to laugh at some of you idiots on here. All presidents in the past have taken family members with them on foreign trips including a bunch of flaking reporters. Now that President Obama is following suit, you want to ***** and complain?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahah

Old 07-09-2009, 01:28 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,711,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
No, my argument is that the poster of this thread is selectively criticizing Obama for things that right-wing icons, such as Sarah Palin, are doing as well.
Sarah Palin isn't governor anymore so you need to find another person to pick on.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:32 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,854,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You don't think Airforce One had room for two children. Did not Palin charge her childrens' plane tickets to Alaska?
She paid that back or had to pay part of it back a nice amount back. I know she had to pay some of it back how much I cant say

Old 07-09-2009, 01:32 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,482,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Sarah Palin isn't governor anymore so you need to find another person to pick on.
She is until July 26..She gave her 2 week notice the other day.

I've been looking for the thread bashing Palin for trolling around New York with her daughter on Alaska's dime but I can't seem to find it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies