Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 07:16 PM

238 posts, read 729,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
You might be right, sorry for any offense.

No need to be sorry Thomas. I didn't take any offense on your words. I just wanted to clarify this historical fact. By the way, it is pretty hilarious that when you search for the word Zambo in wikipedia the picture of Chavez, the president of my country, is embedded in the page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 07:23 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Skin lightening products are targeted to many non-Whites around the world

Nur76 is skin whitening targeted to the Japanese

There are also many products/creams for skin lightening in the Hispanic community

Others are marketed to India.

So sad!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:44 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,605 times
The black obsession with skin tone in America is sadly still prevelant, and as another posted stated, I hope Michele will not only change perceptions about skin tone but body image. She's a thick somewhat dark woman that looks good as do many others.

I also think popular perceptions of beauty play a role as well. White women are artificially plumping there lips and @sses at record pace with the rise in popularity of the black woman's body.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:53 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
The black obsession with skin tone in America is sadly still prevelant, and as another posted stated, I hope Michele will not only change perceptions about skin tone but body image. She's a thick somewhat dark woman that looks good as do many others.

I also think popular perceptions of beauty play a role as well. White women are artificially plumping there lips and @sses at record pace with the rise in popularity of the black woman's body.
what? I don't see that at all. white women who do that look ridiculous. it looks good on black women. when white chicks do it, you look like that mutant from melrose place.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:59 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
what? I don't see that at all. white women who do that look ridiculous. it looks good on black women. when white chicks do it, you look like that mutant from melrose place.
I didn't say it looked good but it's happening. You'll like the front page of the second link..Black woman's but is prototype, white woman's but before and after..Crazy.

Lip Augmentation | LipAugmentation.com

Butt Enhancement - Dr. Constantino Mendieta, MD, FACS, Miami Florida

Old 07-10-2009, 08:11 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I didn't say it looked good but it's happening. You'll like the front page of the second link..Black woman's but is prototype, white woman's but before and after..Crazy.

Lip Augmentation | LipAugmentation.com

Butt Enhancement - Dr. Constantino Mendieta, MD, FACS, Miami Florida
I like women of all sizes, shapes, and colors, but I like women natural.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:17 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,567,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
When I read the title of this thread the first person that came to my mind was Alan Keyes.....an uncle TOM if I've ever heard of one.
Keyes is odd, but somehow I feel like this is unfair. Granted that might be my conservatism, but Keyes strikes me as really quite "black" in outlook. It's just in the way of an old-school ultra-religious guy.

Now I read about a woman named Ezola B. Foster once. She was Pat Buchanan's running-mate on the Reform Party.

http://www.issues2000.org/Ezola_Foster.htm

This page states she believes the Confederate flag should be honored, defends police action in the Rodney King beating, headed California's John Birch Society, and calls black leaders "snake-oil peddlers." She even reportedly said that God brought Africans to America as slaves so they could find real freedom.

Last edited by Thomas R.; 07-10-2009 at 08:28 PM..

Old 07-10-2009, 11:25 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,580 times
you could say all the whites that sit outside and tan all day to look black wish they werent as light either. many white people say they dislike the fact they are so white, so they tan to become dark.

the most popular form of plastic surgery is lip injection, fattenning the lip, which is a black facial feature.

Whats the difference between an asian using a skin lightener and a white using a spray on tan to look dark?

white people love tanning beds. they love to darken there skin, so why is it a big deal if other people of other races want to lighten there skin?

Old 07-10-2009, 11:45 PM

7,530 posts, read 11,372,166 times
Something every Black person should read.

Langston Hughes, The Negro Artist and the Racial Mountain

Old 07-11-2009, 12:04 AM

18,131 posts, read 25,300,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Why do we continue to be so backwards in some areas?
Black kids grow up watching cartoons and movies where the people that have blue eyes or are lighter are good and the people that don't have blue eyes or are darker are bad.

White people are backwards, too.
Because many of them don't like the color of their skin, either.

Republican Senator John Boehner

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies