Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 09:45 AM

8 posts, read 15,018 times

Advertisements

So I gather that US soldiers are expected to die while on their tours? I find it very shameful that this man was penalised for refusing to show his loyalty to Obama. I gather that free speech in the US is dead then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 09:46 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,292,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
you will believe anything you WANT to believe. You talk like you personally know these people and you personally SAW his mother's passport records. Get a life.
there are plenty of Republicans who can get these records...there are people who worked with his mother who said she was in Hawaii on the day Obama was born...maybe she had some high speed rocket that she took to Kenya, had Obama and came back the same night...even in that case he is still eligible to be president.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:47 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,292,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGuy36 View Post
So I gather that US soldiers are expected to die while on their tours? I find it very shameful that this man was penalised for refusing to show his loyalty to Obama. I gather that free speech in the US is dead then?
i gather when you signed a contract, you man up and do it.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:48 AM

716 posts, read 1,119,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wow. Don't think I've ever seen the military acquiesce so quickly to a refusal to serve. Maybe orders came down from obama not to push it.

Hopefully, more will refuse on the same grounds.

Hopefully more soldiers will refuse to serve? Awesome, great idea.

The fact is, they took an oath to obey not only the president but also all officers appointed over them. So whether or not they agree with Obama or even think he is eligible is really meaningless.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:06 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wow. Don't think I've ever seen the military acquiesce so quickly to a refusal to serve. Maybe orders came down from obama not to push it.

Hopefully, more will refuse on the same grounds.
I wouldn't encourage anyone to do it. The circustances of everyone's case is different, and some may end up spending a little unexpected time in Kansas. Orly won't care about them, she's a fame w****.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:17 PM

166 posts, read 612,218 times
First off, the dumb *** who is refusing to serve in the military because he believes Obama is not a US citizen should have his dumb *** thrown in jail. I had uncles from Puerto Rico who did not even speak friggin' ENGLISH and got drafted and served in Vietnam, did not believe in the war, and they did not ***** and moan like this prick.

Secondly, to all the morons who say that Obama was born in Kenya, his birth certificate, which is online, shows he was born in Hawaii. CNN has a newspaper clip from a Hawaiian newspaper in 1961 that announces the birth of Barack Hussein Obama II from Mr. and Mrs. Obama.

Third, even if Obama was born in Kenya, the fact that his mother was born a US citizen, would have made him a US citizen at birth, making him eligible to be President. Anyone who disputes me on that can learn how to read basic 4th grade level English and take a look at this little thing called the United States Constitution.

Lastly, to the people who say that Obama can end all this hoopla by showing his birth certificate himself know that that is not true. The countless idiots who believe that he was not born in Hawaii could be shown a video clip of his mother giving birth to him at the hospital back in 1961 in Hawaii, and they STILL would have some "evidence" to say that he is not eligible to be President.

America is the land of brave and free, and unfortunately, sometimes, the amazingly stupid.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:51 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,656 times
I'm glad he won't have to deploy.

I would'nt want this guy serving over, next to, or under me if I was going into harm's way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies