Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 06:48 AM

551 posts, read 855,887 times

Advertisements

I'm not surprised someone would try the "birther" route to get out of deploying with their units.

This guy should be following orders, technically they didn't come from Obama per se.

All in all, it's a very lame excuse seeing that brave soldiers are fighting and dieing and not complaining.

Quote:
U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook, the reserve soldier who says he shouldn’t have to go to Afghanistan because he believes Barack Obama was never eligible to be president, has had his deployment orders revoked, Army officials said.

...asked the court to consider granting her client’s request based on Cook’s belief that Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and is therefore ineligible to serve as commander-in-chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Cook further states he “would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President’s command. ... simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties.”
Army's revokes deployment orders for soldier who said Obama isn't his president - News - Ledger-Enquirer.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 06:51 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
The individual needs to be charged as per the UCMJ and held accountable.
I didn't want to serve under Clinton given his admitted hatred of the military so I waited until my tour was up and got out. No regrets I did what was right for me. But had I had more time to go then I would have followed my lawful orders and done my duty.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:53 AM

716 posts, read 1,119,721 times
I knew a few guys who weaseled out of deployments with BS excuses too. What a lowlife.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:55 AM

769 posts, read 887,653 times
I don't think this guy is really trying to get out of serving, there is no way he expects this little act to work, although I'm am surprised at the sucess he has had. I agreed he should follow his orders as assigned, even if you didn't vote for Obama it would do more harm than good to have Biden step in if somehow this turned out true. From the article it said more military personnel are following suit seeing it's possiblility for sucess, you'd think Obama would just turn over the required documents and slap these guys.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:05 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
O is probably afraid of it going to court. Probably afraid of being forced to turn over the documents...

Old 07-15-2009, 07:09 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,244 times
From the article -

Quote:
On May 8, Cook submitted a formal written request to Human Resources Command-St. Louis volunteering to serve one year in Afghanistan with Special Operations Command, U.S. Army Central Command, beginning July 15, Quon said.

The soldier’s orders were issued on June 9.

“A reserve soldier who volunteers for an active duty tour may ask for a revocation of orders up until the day he is scheduled to report for active duty,” Quon said.
Orly Taitz is the attorney representing Cook - this is her attempt to stay relavent.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Old 07-15-2009, 07:28 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
Quote:
Orly Taitz is the attorney representing Cook - this is her attempt to stay relavent.
Apparently, relevency has its qualities...

Quote:
Orders revoked for soldier challenging prez
I would prefer a use of the courts to prosecute debauching of the constitution but apparently neither democrats nor republicans have the relevancy to pursue that action.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:42 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterK View Post
I don't think this guy is really trying to get out of serving, there is no way he expects this little act to work, although I'm am surprised at the sucess he has had. I agreed he should follow his orders as assigned, even if you didn't vote for Obama it would do more harm than good to have Biden step in if somehow this turned out true. From the article it said more military personnel are following suit seeing it's possiblility for sucess, you'd think Obama would just turn over the required documents and slap these guys.
The problem is obama does not have them as he was not born in Hawaii he was born in Kenya with his grandmother there and a few other relatives.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:44 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
O is probably afraid of it going to court. Probably afraid of being forced to turn over the documents...
Exactly. Other wise he would not be spending what he is spending to keep it secret.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:46 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,244 times
Per the article, he voluteered for active duty and has the right to ask for his orders to be revoked.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Apparently, relevency has its qualities...

I would prefer a use of the courts to prosecute debauching of the constitution but apparently neither democrats nor republicans have the relevancy to pursue that action.

Last edited by ButterBrownBiscuit; 07-15-2009 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies