Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 10:55 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Protecting The Choice To Keep Current Coverage (http://edlabor.house.gov/documents/111/pdf/publications/AAHCA-BillText-071409.pdf - broken link).” The section that refers to five years is on page 17, but it’s not about pushing Americans off their current health plans. As the summary on Rep. Pete Stark’s (D-CA) website notes, it simply “provides for a five year grace period for current group health plans to meet specified standards.”

Think Progress » Bachmann Misreads House Health Bill To Claim ‘Whatever Health Care You Have Now’ Will Be Gone In 5 Years

So let me ask you, will there plan be exactly the same after 5 years? the answer would be NO. So she is right after the 5 year grace period your insurance plan would be forced to change. Why is that so controversial for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 12:32 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilrmkr View Post
Page 16 of the bill. Read it. It will make getting private insurance illegal. Lose your job-you must go on the government plan. Quit you job and start your own business-you must go on the government plan.

The government will let you keep your insurance until the decide you can't keep your insurance.

The left does not want to hear your truth!..Come on.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:06 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Who's willing to bet she didn't even read it, much less misread it, before being the blabber mouth that she is.
Bachmann can read? Are you sure??

Old 07-18-2009, 06:22 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Another thread on the Obama administration's health care plan and the repubs finding fault with it and whining and mewling and...

I have yet to hear/see/read about...

the REPUBLICAN Health Care Reform plan !!

Are they REALLY so stupid they think health care is fine in this country? Or just too stupid and lazy to come up with a better plan....better plan? No, just whine , whimper, about any other plan...

Old 07-18-2009, 06:25 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Another thread on the Obama administration's health care plan and the repubs finding fault with it and whining and mewling and...

Are they REALLY so stupid they think health care is fine in this country? Or just too stupid and lazy to come up with a better plan....better plan? No, just whine , whimper, about any other plan...
There might be a 2 - pager floating around somewhere with an elephant stamped on it...

Old 07-18-2009, 06:26 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
On Dennis Miller’s radio show today,
Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) attacked
the bill, claiming that it plainly stated
that Americans would be forced out of
their current health care plans “within
five years”:

The House bill actually increases the
number of people who receive coverage
through their employer by 2 million
(in 2019) and shifts most of the uninsured
into private coverage.

Think Progress » Bachmann Misreads House Health Bill To Claim ‘Whatever Health Care You Have Now’ Will Be Gone In 5 Years

I am truly convinced that this nutjob is clinically insane...
As I am of all those poor souls who actually think this trainwreck of a healthcare plan will actually benefit America. Our plan is nothing like other countries with socialized medicine yet, it continues to receive support from people who either don't understand simple economics or are simply supporting whatever their candidate tells them to support. Support what is right for the country, not what is right for your team spirit. The holes in this plan could swallow a train, or a country.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:31 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

I'm not sure, but are the Dems really so stupid they actually believe in this bastardized social healthcare plan. And trust me, it wouldn't matter if the Repubs had 20 healthcare plans in mind, the Dems are playing for their team all the way. There is no mutual respect of team mentality in Washington today. If you hold the majority, you push your goal all the way just because you can. And since this plan couldn't be farther from a real socialized medical program, I'd say everyone's misgivings are standing on solid ground. If you weren't so immersed in your stream lined way of thinking, you could see it too. Deny your team mentality for once and actually look at the plan. Maybe then you will see it doesn't matter who your party is. What matters is the state this country will be in after this plan comes to fruition.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:35 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
The Republicans are really desparate because they know that once this passes and Americans find they like it, they will never be able to roll it back.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:15 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Look at this thread....there are a bunch of people that have posted explaining that Bachman isn't wrong and there are a few that insist she is but, more than anything there are a lot of insults directed towards her....Oh, and then of course there are always a bunch of posts making fun of Palin (or Rush, Beck or Hannity). If people keep this up she actually may be able to stay in the media and end up running 2012....I hope not though.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:47 AM

785 posts, read 1,050,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
As I am of all those poor souls who actually think this trainwreck of a healthcare plan will actually benefit America. Our plan is nothing like other countries with socialized medicine yet, it continues to receive support from people who either don't understand simple economics or are simply supporting whatever their candidate tells them to support. Support what is right for the country, not what is right for your team spirit. The holes in this plan could swallow a train, or a country.
It's very similar to Chile's system, which ranks #33 in overall performance; US ranks #37. As an American that is currently living in Chile, I will tell you that the health care system is pretty much the only thing that I think the Chilean government does better than the American government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies