Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 07:09 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,067,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
McNair killed by 'out of control' mistress: police
Oh I am sure if guns were banned she would not be able to get one.

I have an idea - Lets push the Obama administration to start a "war on Guns" It might do as much good as the "war on drugs". Because I know illegal drugs are nowhere to be found.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:15 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,275,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Oh I am sure if guns were banned she would not be able to get one.

I have an idea - Lets push the Obama administration to start a "war on Guns" It might do as much good as the "war on drugs". Because I know illegal drugs are nowhere to be found.
thats right, lets put needles in tuckshops and highschool canteens......

drugs are everywhere, so why not start selling the pot, Arnie?? good taxes haha

Old 07-21-2009, 07:21 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You've got to point out where he's stepping all over the Constitution.
Can you say militia.
Second Amendment - Maybe you are aware that the Supreme court has ruled that the government violates this amendment if they ban guns?

Old 07-21-2009, 07:29 AM

they are not banning guns, you just cant have them in your homes LOL

go to the shooting range and hire them like you do with bowling

McNair got shot coz guns are so freely available, she bought it in a carpark and they have the guy who sold her the gun.

You need a license and registration and insurance to drive a car....why not guns?

Old 07-21-2009, 07:31 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,868,819 times
Quote:
Obama Administration Takes Aim At Gun-Rights Revolt - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

this should increase his popularity, serves them inbreds right, clinging onto their bibles and guns
For a man who was a lecturer on Constitutional law it is apparent Obama knows very little about the Constitution. The right to bear arms is a natural right which is protected from infringement by the government in the Second Amendment. Being a natural right means it belongs to everyone implicitly. No government may interfere with it in any way, shape or from. So even without the Second Amendment the government can't mess with it. The same for free speech. Natural rights trump all others in all cases. Suffice it to say if they banned all guns today such a law is implicitly invalid and no citizen need obey it. I don't recognize any gun legislation as having any validity or legitimacy whatsoever.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:34 AM

716 posts, read 1,121,935 times
Quote:

McNair got shot coz guns are so freely available, she bought it in a carpark and they have the guy who sold her the gun.

You need a license and registration and insurance to drive a car....why not guns?

Cut the corny LOL crap and read up on the issue. The article has nothing to do with guns in people's homes.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,188,793 times
Quote:
Obama Administration Takes Aim At Gun-Rights Revolt - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

this should increase his popularity, serves them inbreds right, clinging onto their bibles and guns
Wow, aren't you an intelligent one. You obviously have no clue about the gun-rights climate in this country. Specifically, the recent Supreme Court decision upholding the right to bear arms individually instead of only in a "militia," as many anti-gun nuts would prefer. And of course you'd be ignorant of the moderate Democrats that supported the gun-rights amendment that was attached to the DC Voting Rights act. I'd be embarrassed if I were you. But then again, what else should I expect out of an Obama voter?

Old 07-21-2009, 07:38 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,692,804 times
Yay! Another power play from Obama stepping all over state rights.

This guys looks at the states as nothing more than hurdles in his mission.

Screw that constitution, whats that good for anyway?

Old 07-21-2009, 07:40 AM
YAZ

7,705 posts, read 14,141,664 times
Quote:

McNair got shot cuz the loon he was shackin' up with went even more loony.
Your logic is flawed.

When was the last time you heard of a LICENSED CCW holder committing a crime?

Pleez.

Here in AZ, I can purchase a handgun without a license, registration, etc.

I can buy a car without a license, registration, etc.

To concealed carry, and to drive that car, I need a license, insurance, etc.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
The same for free speech.
so why cant i call you a "******" or say that the Holocaust didnt occur??

Too bad for you, you let the Patriot Act go through unnoticed.

They can easily label u enemy combatant and shoot you dead for having unlicensed guns
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies