Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 08:23 AM

714 posts, read 1,539,934 times

Advertisements

USNews.com: Political Bulletin: Friday, July 24, 2009

WHAT was he thinking commenting on this arrest? Obama was not there, he even stated HIMSELF that he didn't gave all the facts, so WHY say a police officer did something stupid.

Obama should have never commented on this, period. This sends a terrible message to people who are not sure of the police to begin with. Obama needs to apologize to the officer and the public. Just one more thing he has done that shows his lack of experience and knowledge.

I am SOOOOOOO EMBARRASSED he is our President!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 08:40 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
I could live with being embarrassed. The man scares me to death..! He is moving as fast as he can to destroy our country, and if he succeeds with some of the junk he is trying to shouve down our throats, we are finished as a nation.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:41 AM

127 posts, read 282,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttyl1979 View Post

WHAT was he thinking commenting on this arrest? Obama was not there, he even stated HIMSELF that he didn't gave all the facts, so WHY say a police officer did something stupid.

Obama should have never commented on this, period. This sends a terrible message to people who are not sure of the police to begin with. Obama needs to apologize to the officer and the public. Just one more thing he has done that shows his lack of experience and knowledge.

I am SOOOOOOO EMBARRASSED he is our President!
We as a nation elected him, we deserve what we get. IMHO.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:47 AM

17 posts, read 30,004 times
We, as a nation, are already doomed I'm afraid. It doesn't matter WHO is president. The agenda has already been set in motion, there is no stopping it now. All we, as a people can do, is get THROUGH it.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:48 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,125 times
Once again...Obama commented on WHAT HE KNEW. He knew Gates had provided his ID at the time of the arrest. HE KNEW that the cop was on his way to his vehicle when he turned around to address and arrest Gates. Obama did NOT weigh in on race in this situation because who said what can't be confirmed. Cop says one thing, Gates says another. It's so sad that people want to make more out of it than what it is. We're pretending like police are above reproach(Mark Furman). They make mistakes and in this case both Gates(being an @sshole) and the Officer(being ego driven) made mistakes.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitsnBites View Post
We, as a nation, are already doomed I'm afraid. It doesn't matter WHO is president. The agenda has already been set in motion, there is no stopping it now. All we, as a people can do, is get THROUGH it.
what agenda?

Old 07-24-2009, 08:57 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttyl1979 View Post

WHAT was he thinking commenting on this arrest?
I think it was deliberate and the question from the reporter was a setup.

Remember, the guy is a former community advisor and well versed in the tactics of racial polarization.

Suddenly the healthcare fiasco is taking a backseat and giving the MSM a chance to focus on the race game.

This whole thing is BS and a diversion. One thing is for certain, Obama is out of the closet...there is nothing post-racial about this guy...he is perfectly content pitting blacks and whites against each other to suit his means.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:17 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I think it was deliberate and the question from the reporter was a setup.

Remember, the guy is a former community advisor and well versed in the tactics of racial polarization.

Suddenly the healthcare fiasco is taking a backseat and giving the MSM a chance to focus on the race game.

This whole thing is BS and a diversion. One thing is for certain, Obama is out of the closet...there is nothing post-racial about this guy...he is perfectly content pitting blacks and whites against each other to suit his means.
Who said we were in a post-racial era? Didn't some black kids just kicked out of a pool because they were black. Aren't Philly Police Officers under investigation for posting racially charged comments on a message board using departmental computers? The answers are yes and yes. I'm glad the Prez. didn't lie to appease people that can't accept that racism is still present in our society. You don't wish a problem away. You attack it, like health care, energy independence, education and anything else that's wearing our country down. The reported asked a question and he gave an honest answer. This just happens to be the first time in American history that we have a President that has experienced being a minority in America.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:21 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
I think he was tired and answered without thinking. He should have said, "I really cant comment on that," but it's easy to say what shoulda. And wasting time on it when there were relevant questions waiting... he just wasnt thinking. But there it is.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Who said we were in a post-racial era? Didn't some black kids just kicked out of a pool because they were black. Aren't Philly Police Officers under investigation for posting racially charged comments on a message board using departmental computers? The answers are yes and yes. I'm glad the Prez. didn't lie to appease people that can't accept that racism is still present in our society. You don't wish a problem away. You attack it, like health care, energy independence, education and anything else that's wearing our country down. The reported asked a question and he gave an honest answer. This just happens to be the first time in American history that we have a President that has experienced being a minority in America.

We do not know if the kids were kicked out of pool because they were black, they might have been kicked out because they were doing something that was not allowed. It is a shame that our president 1st African American and only 2nd President of the United Nations. This is supposed to be the other way around. Instead of speaking out of tern without any actual knowledge of the event, he should have HONESTLY told the reporter that he has no knowledge of the incident and could not comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies