Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 11:47 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,314,682 times

Advertisements

I have a High Deductible Health Plan through my employer and a HSA. I went to the pharmacy last night and I found out that a 30 day supply of the medication I need would cost me $230. I was shocked and angry at the same time, the company I work for (another BS scam) did not disclose all the details about the plan. I currently have $80 left in my HSA and I am supposed to take this medication for the rest of my life.

By the time, I reach the $2000 deductible (what a joke!), they will start covering 20% of the total cost of the medication LOL. I will probably lose my job in the next month or so, and if I do, I would have to go on a program called "Medical Assistance", basically a type of welfare program because I would not qualify for Minnesota Care until I have "some" income. Really, our current health system is wonderful, and no change is needed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 11:58 AM

351 posts, read 376,216 times
"Scam" is the right word for the present health system in America. The only people who want the present system to stay are the ones with enough money to pay the scandelous premiums or medication fees or are on a work health plan. The rest of the country can go without unless they bow to the daily blackmail from the medical sector.
Yes "Scam" fits the current health system in America nicely.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:01 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,254,496 times
That scam has saved me and two of my childrens' lives so far..

Old 07-27-2009, 12:08 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,360,793 times
Most of us "working folk" are in the same situation as the O.P., or would be, if we do not continue to remain "healthy". . . It is the Health Insurance Companies, and those individuals with "golden parachute" health care plans, that are fighting so hard to prevent the needed change. Call you congressmen and representatives! Demand NON-PROFIT health insurance NOW!

Old 07-27-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
That scam has saved me and two of my childrens' lives so far..
I'm sure that will come as a great comfort to the millions without health cover or the thousands that die in America every year because of no health cover.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Most of us "working folk" are in the same situation as the O.P., or would be, if we do not continue to remain "healthy". . . It is the Health Insurance Companies, and those individuals with "golden parachute" health care plans, that are fighting so hard to prevent the needed change. Call you congressmen and representatives! Demand NON-PROFIT health insurance NOW!
America is a great place to live if you like playing the financial Russian roulette that is a daily part of millions of Americans lives today. I have fought for my Country and i will be damned if i did this just so that the wealthy can now take advantage of good hard working Americans.
It seems that true freedom in America can now only be enjoyed if you can "pay the piper".
Money is the new religion her in the USA and the rich are trying to be the new messiahs.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:27 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,309,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
I would guess that you are in favor of public option that would lead to the death of the health insurance companies.

I would also guess that the government being in control of all health insurance and therefore, health care from the top to the bottom would be a good thing. You don't mind seeing Emanuel type of age rationing? I really don't think you have looked very far from the end of your nose, but you surely aren't alone.

How do you propose to pay for all this? We have the stimulus act to pay for along with the interest caused by that kind of borrowing. We know that this health program will cost over $1 trillion the first ten years, and that is if they don't even pay for those meds for people. Do you think the government should take over manufacture of meds? Too many questions to be answered and those Congress leaders aren't looking at any of them.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:27 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,254,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchcock View Post
I'm sure that will come as a great comfort to the millions without health cover or the thousands that die in America every year because of no health cover.
"Health Care is a scam:"

My answer was to the above, not insurance companies....You people have the two confused.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:29 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,963,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have a High Deductible Health Plan through my employer and a HSA. I went to the pharmacy last night and I found out that a 30 day supply of the medication I need would cost me $230. I was shocked and angry at the same time, the company I work for (another BS scam) did not disclose all the details about the plan. I currently have $80 left in my HSA and I am supposed to take this medication for the rest of my life.

By the time, I reach the $2000 deductible (what a joke!), they will start covering 20% of the total cost of the medication LOL. I will probably lose my job in the next month or so, and if I do, I would have to go on a program called "Medical Assistance", basically a type of welfare program because I would not qualify for Minnesota Care until I have "some" income. Really, our current health system is wonderful, and no change is needed
$230 is pretty high for a prescription. You will need to call your doctor and get a generic...if possible. You can look on line and see what are the generics and what the equivalents are.

I understand that it still makes you angry. What will even make you more angry is when you look up what that drug costs in canada without any government subsidies.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,309,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
"Health Care is a scam:"

My answer was to the above, not insurance companies....You people have the two confused.
I wonder if the millions, and there will me that many, of people who reach the age of 65 and start getting consultations about how they should take themselves out of the living to make it better for younger people. I know how I feel about what I have been hearing and read in that House bill that Nasty Nancy wants to vote on this week.

I am sure that if they take public option out of that bill it would pass in a minute. Well maybe the Blue Doges would have to see how they propose to finance this program other than taking away Medicare and Medicaid. I could survive fine now with that but take VA away from me and I would be a goner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies