Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:29 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
You have a problem with thinking the country is merely black and white, an all-too-common delusion. Turns out, Hispanics have been the largest minority since about 2001.

You're gonna have to give up your hallucinations of the all-consuming and all-encompassing black-white struggle. Sorry.
Latinos are also absent from those lists of the wealthy and powerful. Carlos Slim is one of the richest men in the world, but he owns Mexico, he's not an American...plus, he's not even of Mexican descent, but of Lebanese.

When I did the counts of the Supreme Court, Congress, Forbes and Fortune lists, I was talking about ALL minorities. I was just showing that nearly everyone in a position of significant power has white skin, and most of them are male too. And the majority of those people are Christian.

And yet the people who complain most these days about how unfair everything is seem to be the white, Christian, males.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 10:13 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
No, it's because they were in a position to succeed long before blacks or other minorities were. People in those "houses on the hill" are usually over 50, so they come from a generation that was just getting used to civil rights. Companies still didn't hire blacks for the big jobs and colleges were still pretty much off-limits for blacks coming from poor inner-city schools. How could a black kid be on equal footing with a white kid if he's going to an inner-city public school while the white kid with the rich daddy can afford to go to the private school?

I speak as someone who comes from the elite. My father grew up in the ghetto with a murdered father and made it out through education and professional success. But my father is white. It was a lot easier for him, and even he'll admit that. Most of his peers in business are white as well. The younger generations of business leaders are more diverse, but they are not the ones who wield the power just yet.

Maybe in 30 years the Forbes 400, Fortune 500 CEOs, Congress and the Supreme Court's racial mix will reflect this country, but until then, white people have all the power.

My best friend (a man my sisters and I consider to be our brother) is an incredibly successful person who has already amassed a million dollar fortune before the age of 30 after being orphaned at age 5. He graduated from Yale and is an accomplished opera singer. But he still gets treated differently than I when we go places together. I get treated differently when I am with him as well (I look half-black to many people because I have nappy hair and some other features generally associated with people of African descent) as if people think we could be criminals. Until blacks are associated with more than sports, entertainment and crime, it will always be an uphill battle for anyone with cocoa-brown skin. It's not impossible, it's NEVER been impossible, for a black person to succeed in America, but it's certainly more difficult than it is for a white person.
That's all I've ever said.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:35 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Why should whites be the only race that shouldnt be proud?

Old 07-31-2009, 04:50 PM

19 posts, read 37,236 times
Everyone should be able to be proud of who they are and where they come from. It isn't until that pride is rubbed in others faces that it would become a problem and racially hateful. That's my opinion anyways.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:52 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
I am so sick of the word racist being thrown around now days. The people using the word are the most are racist ones I think.
I was called a racist at work a couple of weeks ago. I work retail. I have to go and check the fitting rooms every 15 minutes or so. So I do my normal routine, walk in, knock on the door to make sure nobody is inside.
And if somebody is inside I just tell that customer "oh excuse me, just checking the rooms". and I keep walking.
So one day this lady walk up to my black coworker and start bad mouthing me. I apparently am a racist because I accused her of trying to steel??And thats what she said to
" that white girl over there ( she is pointing at me ) she thinks I'm steeling, does she think all blacks are steeling or what? She is a racist!"
It bothered me at first because I know it wasn't true anything that she said, but then it just really pissed me off. Who the hell does she think she is anyways? And this is apperantly very common. I told other people at work about it and they tell me their own similar stories.
Unless you know for a fact that somebody is a racist. If they call you the N word in your face or "cracker" "white trash" on your face, then please don't call them racist!

Old 07-31-2009, 08:12 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Glenn Beck stood up for "white people and white culture" and Foxnews stands behind them (I bet they won't fire him)
Now there's no doubt that Foxnews is the official "White pride" channel.

BTW, I'm not saying that they are racist, they are just proud

The Associated Press: Fox's Glenn Beck: President Obama is a racist

Beck made the statement during a guest appearance Tuesday on the "Fox & Friends" morning show. He said Obama has exposed himself as a person with "a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture."
White Pride? I think you met the "White Stupidity Channel". Nothing there to be proud of.

Last edited by plannine; 07-31-2009 at 08:31 PM..

Old 07-31-2009, 08:27 PM

314 posts, read 936,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Well at least there is one channel white people can tune into without having to be slammed by the white guilters that have permeated the other networks.
White people already own ALL the networks including BET, what do you mean "white guilters" Like I said before Most of the shows on tv have "one token Black person". Most of my favorite shows has no Black people on them at all. Why do you need a white pride channel when white people own all the networks. Thats pride right there.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:27 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Thers is no such thing as white pride channel? Thats ridiculous to say that FOX news is a white Pride channel. And a slap in the face to all black Fox News viewers. Yea, they do exist!
Its comments like this one that makes this country racists. This country is all about race , black and white and Hispaniic. It is us vs them attitude. Everything comes down to race and people love it. They love to be called racist. They love to call people racist. And after Obama became president everybody who didn't vote for him are racist!
We are so diveded in our little groups and try not to deny it because it is the truth. It is so obvious.

if you want to see a white power white pride tv you can do so online. Then there is no doupt what white Pride tv is.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:32 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whydoucare? View Post
White people already own ALL the networks including BET
Are you sure about that? I know that Robert L. Johnson (a black man) is the founder of BET. You're saying a white guy owns it now?

Old 07-31-2009, 09:36 PM

526 posts, read 1,756,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Glenn Beck stood up for "white people and white culture" and Foxnews stands behind them (I bet they won't fire him)
Now there's no doubt that Foxnews is the official "White pride" channel.

BTW, I'm not saying that they are racist, they are just proud

The Associated Press: Fox's Glenn Beck: President Obama is a racist

Beck made the statement during a guest appearance Tuesday on the "Fox & Friends" morning show. He said Obama has exposed himself as a person with "a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture."

I got rid of Cable all together and didn't buy a digital box either for local channels. Every channel on cable is either a commercial, infomercial, preview, or Obama. The money I save in cable every month I can buy 3 new DVD's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies