Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 03:17 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,075,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Clearly Emanuel can't take anyone down a notch and it is frankly pretty stupid of the administration to pick fights with anyone. They can't even control their own party it is silly to needlessly antagonize the Republicans. It is pretty clear the wheels are coming off this administration.
Issac is up for re-election well before Emanuel's boss. The DNC has a lot of discretionary money to spend. Some little **** ant Congressman from the liberal state of California should tread lightly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 03:25 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,776,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Issac is up for re-election well before Emanuel's boss. The DNC has a lot of discretionary money to spend. Some little **** ant Congressman from the liberal state of California should tread lightly.

I hope they try, Issa is very popular they would waste a lot of money. Plus it looks like the Dems will have their hands full defending their own seats in this climate, I don't think they will be targeting safe Republican seats. Although I would love them to try.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:34 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,075,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I hope they try, Issa is very popular they would waste a lot of money. Plus it looks like the Dems will have their hands full defending their own seats in this climate, I don't think they will be targeting safe Republican seats. Although I would love them to try.
There might be a "safe Republican seat" in Utah, but a Lebanese millionaire in a Southern California district with a 40% Hispanic population?

Old 08-04-2009, 03:36 PM

26,239 posts, read 49,123,150 times
We only need look back to Bush-43 to see how Rove, et al, had the entire GOP congress toeing the party line. It was not until Bush was in lame duck status after the 2006 elections that moderate GOP Senators rebelled on Bush's failed administration. IIRC, venerable old GOP'er John Warner (who I funded and voted for every time) was one of what was called the Gang of 11, or something like that.

Though Rahm has no real power, per se, his words tend to carry the weight of a sitting President. GOP'ers, and even DEMs, are free to buck the Obama game plan, but you can be sure that ANY White House Chief of Staff or Political Advisor have ways to deal with those who disappoint the POTUS, and it's been that way for all administrations. Rahm is no more evil or a thug than any of his predecessors. IMO, the recent Bush administration is the worst I've seen in my 61 years, so any finger pointing is hypocritical.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
We only need look back to Bush-43 to see how Rove, et al, had the entire GOP congress toeing the party line. It was not until Bush was in lame duck status after the 2006 elections that moderate GOP Senators rebelled on Bush's failed administration. IIRC, venerable old GOP'er John Warner (who I funded and voted for every time) was one of what was called the Gang of 11, or something like that.

Though Rahm has no real power, per se, his words tend to carry the weight of a sitting President. GOP'ers, and even DEMs, are free to buck the Obama game plan, but you can be sure that ANY White House Chief of Staff or Political Advisor have ways to deal with those who disappoint the POTUS, and it's been that way for all administrations. Rahm is no more evil or a thug than any of his predecessors. IMO, the recent Bush administration is the worst I've seen in my 61 years, so any finger pointing is hypocritical.

They are bucking plenty and his poll numbers are taking a dive. Obama is no longer a threat.

Please Clinton's team was full of thugs and Carter was well simply inept. He made Bush look great.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
There might be a "safe Republican seat" in Utah, but a Lebanese millionaire in a Southern California district with a 40% Hispanic population?

I hope the DNC is as astute as you are but I am betting they are not.

http://www.sen.ca.gov/ftp/SEN/cngplan/CD49.HTM (broken link)

"House 49 – Darrell Issa (R)

2004: Rep. Darrell Issa (R) 63%, Mike Byron (D) 35%
2006: Rep. Darrell Issa (R) 63%, Jeeni Criscenzo (D) 33%
2008: Rep. Darrell Issa (R) 59%, Robert Hamilton (D) 37%

Issa dreams of statewide office. In the meantime, he will content himself with this safe seat."

http://www.beyondthepolls.net/2008/1...alifornia.html

Your command of California politics is impressive!

Last edited by shorebaby; 08-04-2009 at 04:25 PM..

Old 08-04-2009, 08:23 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,792,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Don't mess with Chicago, tough guy.

Go Bears!!

Old 08-04-2009, 08:36 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,158,566 times
It's about time Rahm started using his muscle. Good for him. Obama selected him because of his personality and many have been waiting for it to finally emerge.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It's about time Rahm started using his muscle. Good for him. Obama selected him because of his personality and many have been waiting for it to finally emerge.

I'm with you this puts a lie to Obama as post partisan, he is just another politician. The polls show the American people are catching on just in time for 2010. Keep up the good work Rahm!

Old 08-04-2009, 08:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,952,864 times
Its politcs people ;if anyone can't stand the heat as it said;they needd to get out of teh kitchen. Th ehat is going any where and never has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies