Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 03:27 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,252,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchcock View Post
Are YOU serious?????????????????
By being denied the payment for that care then this person is being denied the TREATMENT as this person will not get the treatment with it being payed for.
Cannot believe what you just wrote.
Payment arrangements can always be worked out. Always.

Again, the OP was not denied care - in fact - he even admitted he got the exact care his doctor ordered even though the insurance did not cover it -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 03:30 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,659,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Payment arrangements can always be worked out. Always.

Again, the OP was not denied care - in fact - he even admitted he got the exact care his doctor ordered even though the insurance did not cover it -
First off, I'm a woman

No, they cannot.

You claimed this before and told me you had the proof to back it up, but you "weren't in your office", and then never posted it.

No one legally has to work out a payment arrangement for anything.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:31 PM

23,171 posts, read 26,187,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Yup, because it was an EKG.

What happens when it's cancer treatment that they decide to deny that someone cant pay for?

Oh well. Too bad.

My point is - you can be responsible, you can plan well, you can purchase insurance out the wazoo AND STILL BE DENIED. That is not acceptable when it comes to health.
If the policy declares no payment for cancer treatments, then, yes, too bad.
It's past annoying to have to watch out for yourself all the time.
It is also the best way to keep from getting screwed in such a complex world.
IF you had known the test wouldn't be covered, there are ways around it which could have been used.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:36 PM

351 posts, read 375,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Will you stop.......lying!
Yes, it's an outright lie.You are just paying through taxes rather than directly!
We paid tax for our healthcare. This is just like you paying premiums for your healthcare except our tax was much lower than your premiums and not only covers health but unemployment, retirement pensions, housing costs for people on benefits, many different clinics, meals on wheels for the elderly etc, etc, etc. Every single person is covered for health and for many people, things like prescriptions etc are FREE. This is not included in your tax as it would be free for everyone if it was. You get FREE drugs etc if you have a chronic illness or are under 16 or over 60 or are on benefit. These things are NOT free for everyone.
Don't call someone a liar unless you know what you are talking about. i Have lived in the UK and know how it works.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:37 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,389,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
If the policy declares no payment for cancer treatments, then, yes, too bad.
Can we clarify your comment?The comment is if your insurance doesn't cover cancer and you get it too bad?

May I ask in that case if a person gets a cancer or other serious condition and their insurance doesn't cover it what should they do?

Old 08-05-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
You claimed this before and told me you had the proof to back it up, but you "weren't in your office", and then never posted it.
Incorrect. I provided a link a long time ago. I'm sorry if you missed it.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Incorrect. I provided a link a long time ago. I'm sorry if you missed it.
No, you are the one who is incorrect. I'll find the thread.

Since you provided the link, it should be easy for you to do again, right?

Old 08-05-2009, 03:44 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchcock View Post
We paid tax for our healthcare. This is just like you paying premiums for your healthcare except our tax was much lower than your premiums and not only covers health but unemployment, retirement pensions, housing costs for people on benefits, many different clinics, meals on wheels for the elderly etc, etc, etc. Every single person is covered for health and for many people, things like prescriptions etc are FREE. This is not included in your tax as it would be free for everyone if it was. You get FREE drugs etc if you have a chronic illness or are under 16 or over 60 or are on benefit. These things are NOT free for everyone.
Don't call someone a liar unless you know what you are talking about. i Have lived in the UK and know how it works.
Good to see someone who has actually used a UHC on here.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:45 PM

Greatday, this was the thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post8684812

Never provided it.

You shouldn't keep making this claim, it's irresponsible. No one is legally obligated to accept partial payments for medical bills. This is almost urban legend, "Send the hospital $5/ month and they can't sue you!". It's a good way to get your butt sued.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
No, you are the one who is incorrect. I'll find the thread.

Since you provided the link, it should be easy for you to do again, right?

When and if I remember to do it.

One of the nice things about being sort of retired it, you work when and if you want to -

In Phoenix - its near 110 degrees today. However, we are at our summer home where it is under 70 -

Frankly - the issue is not important enough to me to get stress over it - you can if you want - me? I'm going to check the crab pots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies