Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,883,097 times

Advertisements

There is no victory in this situation, so many lives over, and for what? Get our kids home, and let the pieces fall where they may. We have done a huge disservice to Iraq, so many good people there are just trying to work, raise families, etc...with bombs and killings everyday, can you even imagine? Hey people, they're not ALL terrorists. George Bush will have a lot to answer for in the afterlife since NOBODY (dem or rep) in this country has the guts to call him and his "people" out on this BS war. So sad, so unfortunate, such a waste. I am disgusted to be grouped in with those "proud americans" that support this war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 08:53 AM

68,352 posts, read 54,533,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Agree. There will be no victory, our goals were false.
I want to bring those left home, though some left behind to train might work.
As it stands now, negotiations seem to be at an impasse.

I don't believe I've ever heard a clear definition of what our goals truly were/are.

Depose Saddam?

I don't believe it was ever a sure thing that deposing Saddam would benefit America, he kept al Qaeda in check inside Iraq, other issues could've been dealt with without a full scale invasion.

Spread Democracy?

I don't think a democratic Iraq benefits America if it elects an anti-American government.

Find Those Responsible for 9/11

Iraq had no ties to 9/11.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:57 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,917,674 times
dont think GWB will have anything to answer in the afterlife as i dont know what afterlife you are speaking of skye. Since he is a christian, he would not answer for anything except if he has accepted or rejected Jesus Christ as savior and Lord.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:02 AM

With all do respect CarolinaJack, you have once again proven to me why I don't agree with your so called "Christian Philosophy". You can be a MONSTER on Earth, however those gates are wide open if you are "saved"... what a complete joke. Does this mean if Hitler was saved the moment before dying that he is up there with angels? Yes, suddenly I see the Christian way, LOL!

Last edited by skyegirl; 04-25-2007 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-25-2007, 09:08 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,917,674 times
well you would have to be a monster and not know the truth. going to war, just or not, doesnt make one a monster--so Kennedy was a monster and FDR were monsters and Abe Lincoln and the colonists are monsters for going to war--whether it was all right or not?

Hitler was not saved as he practices occult and hated the Jews, and since the scriptures says that we must love the jews and also If we hate anyone we do not have the Love of God. so his actions prove clearly what he believed.

my so called Christian Philosphy you dont have to agree with, It is Gods word that I believe not a philosphy

Old 04-25-2007, 09:14 AM

I am glad you have so much faith in your beliefs, but I will never understand why.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:38 AM

8,985 posts, read 21,202,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
NO, no pull out now until we get the Iraqis up to speed to take care of their country then we can come home. finish what we started
CJ, I'm afraid that for that to happen, the Iraqis would have to want to work together. The Sunni and Shia militias don't seem eager to call a truce while the Kurds don't seem enthusastic about sharing the oil on the land they control. I'm sad to say that at this point, I really believe the Iraqis need to work it out themselves.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:55 AM

8,985 posts, read 21,202,563 times
I'll leave the religious aspects of this topic for another thread.

This morning I stumbled upon a bit of an interview that Bush did with Charlie Rose. I recall hims saying that he believes that his decisions are just, even if they don't seem popular right now. While I'm no fan of Bush, I do have to (grudgingly) respect him for his consistency.

I've also heard him say on several occasions that history will show that he made the right choices. I suppose that history (and perhaps a higher power) will indeed judge him in due time.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:41 AM

653 posts, read 3,411,934 times
The troops need to be brought home NOW. Due to the arrogance, the ignorance, and the incompetence of the Bush/Cheney administration, we are all in pain due to the continued loss of lives in Iraq. The lives of our soldiers and the Iraq people. There can be NO "Victory" in that country. The "Mission" is NOT accomplished, Nor can it be accomplished. We need to get out now and than impeach Bush and Cheney for their stupidity.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:31 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,928,920 times
Question When the truth comes out?

This administration has repeatedly lied about so many things that how can you or I believe anything they say now? I’m understanding only a small part of what is going on in the war only because we can’t trust this administration for the truth any longer.

Pullout and rethink the mess that Bush has gotten us into? When we can uncover the truth and get to the facts we can then make better decisions on what needs to be done. Right now with so many lies that have been going on in this administration how could anyone know what is the best course of action?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies