Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 10:52 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,309 times

Advertisements

Gathering of Eagles was a group of average American Patriots who protected the veteran memorials in Washington DC from anti-war protestors.

The group was tremendously successful.

This could be a job for Gathering of Eagles.
Non-violent protection of the Free Speech Tea Party Rallyists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 10:56 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times
*LOL* You are consistent, I'll give you that much. But how about a link on the group for some actual information. That would be a nice change.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:00 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
*LOL* You are consistent, I'll give you that much. But how about a link on the group for some actual information. That would be a nice change.

He/she never provides links to any actual information.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I can proudly say I was one of the organizes for Gathering of Eagles. The Chairman Larry Bailey is a friend of mine. I just sent out about 30,000 emails on my mailing list. Larry is one of them.

If he answers the call, I'll post it.

Gathering of Eagles was a great success, but the media, other than FOX, never carried the stories.

I placed it on one of my websites: NATIONAL VETERANS MEMORIALS PROTECTION

I'll post some more links about the details of Gathering of Eagles after I review the site. (I do not advertise anything or sell anything on the webpages.)

You can also do you own searches for Gathering of Eagles.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:36 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,142,497 times
The corporate parties have a strong voice, they don't need any additional protections.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

He/she never provides links to any actual information.
On March 27, 2007, based on the communication strengths of the internet, an estimated 30,000 patriotic Americans from around the nation, came through an east coast snow and ice storm to stand together at the War Memorials for World War II, the Korea War and the Vietnam War. These proud American flag-wavers stood, and still stand together in full support of America's men and women in military uniforms around the world.
Read the American Legion Magazine's article about the March 17, 2007 Gathering of Eagles. (See pictures.)
Gathering of Eagles

Old 08-07-2009, 11:47 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,974,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
The corporate parties have a strong voice, they don't need any additional protections.
Remove tin foil hat.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:48 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
I am all for freedom of speech and protesting non-violently.

Good luck with your efforts.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:51 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
I can proudly say I was one of the organizes for Gathering of Eagles. The Chairman Larry Bailey is a friend of mine. I just sent out about 30,000 emails on my mailing list. Larry is one of them.

If he answers the call, I'll post it.

Gathering of Eagles was a great success, but the media, other than FOX, never carried the stories.

I placed it on one of my websites: NATIONAL VETERANS MEMORIALS PROTECTION

I'll post some more links about the details of Gathering of Eagles after I review the site. (I do not advertise anything or sell anything on the webpages.)

You can also do you own searches for Gathering of Eagles.
I applaud that you were involved with this movement.

I take issue that you wish only to protect tea party rallyists, though. Why not protect the town meeting forum, preventing special interest groups from hijacking those meetings so that only their point of view is heard? Shouldn't everyone's point of view have the chance to be heard? Especially at a town meeting? Why would you advocate only protecting one point of view? Isn't it more American to protect freedom of speech for all, than freedom of speech for those who agree with me?

Old 08-07-2009, 11:51 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
On March 27, 2007, based on the communication strengths of the internet, an estimated 30,000 patriotic Americans from around the nation, came through an east coast snow and ice storm to stand together at the War Memorials for World War II, the Korea War and the Vietnam War. These proud American flag-wavers stood, and still stand together in full support of America's men and women in military uniforms around the world.
Read the American Legion Magazine's article about the March 17, 2007 Gathering of Eagles. (See pictures.)
Gathering of Eagles
And now they are happy to be shills for the health care industry and neocons? That's sad. How the mighty have fallen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies