Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 07:15 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
That is just the point. People like you post to promote an agenda without regard to the people behind the posts to which you respond. How easy it is to make assumptions.
OH BULL!

How easy it is to claim anything in a chat room!!!

Losing an argument...play the "poor me you're picking on a poor whatever"

Old 08-08-2009, 07:18 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,410,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You assumed I was addressing you in the Bumpits post; I was addressing Sarah Palin. How easy it is, etc.

None of us know who is behind these posts. You were unfair, but that's okay.

You know what -- if you read the Lancet and the JAMA articles you'll learn what Dr Emanuel was actually saying. When you learn that, you wont be so scared.

You were reading scare propaganda and of course that's going to scare you, that's its job. But if you read the real information you can understand where the propaganda is lying to you and you wont be so easily taken in.
I have worked in the medical field for more than 20 years. My opinions are not based on scare tactics. You can post your opinion the motivation of my posts over and over, it will not be true.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:19 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,474 times
Quote:
That is just the point. People like you post to promote an agenda without regard to the people behind the posts to which you respond. How easy it is to make assumptions.
Pot meet kettle.

Let's hope you won't resort to another personal attack (note your missing post on this page).

The uproar being generated against your posts is largely because your references are blogs--ie, someone else's INTERPRETATION. Just like Limbaugh, The Post, et al.

What is missing here is your response to what Dr. Emanuel has actually written, in his own words (please refer to the article that has been linked several times in this thread). As a fellow medical coder, it should behoove you to fully read AND comprehend the material in its entirety, rather than resort to a citation that has been cherry-picked and commented upon. The gist of the article--which I urge you to validate on your own--is a presentation of the pros and cons surrounding SCARCE medical interventions.

That is how coding works...would you code a chart based solely on the receptionist's version? Of course you wouldn't.

Please don't sell yourself short. Read the source material.

Thank you.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:19 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,807,239 times
Quote:
If you have cancer, you want this healthcare bill to pass. I have seen numerous patients who have exhausted their lifetime limit of insurance benefits fighting cancer. It is easy to do if you have surgery, hospitalizations, chemo/radiation, complications, etc...... I have seen patients neglect follow up care due to insurance problems and I have seen patients literally run out of insurance in the middle of their cancer. They must file bankruptcy in order to continue treatment.

With the healthcare bill, you won't be left without the ability to pay for treatment.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times
Quote:
I have worked in the medical field for more than 20 years. My opinions are not based on scare tactics. You can post your opinion the motivation of my posts over and over, it will not be true.
I have no idea and less interest why you choose to cling to bottom-feeder propaganda when you could easily learn the facts.

If you've worked in the medical industry for 20 years you should know better than to fall for that garbage.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
And how are you not promoting an agenda in your posts? The problematic part is that you are using highly suspect blogs to do so and don't seem to have even looked at the actual health care bill to check the information you are being shoveled.
Have you read the bill? I have.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I have no idea and less interest why you choose to cling to bottom-feeder propaganda.

If you've worked in the medical industry for 20 years you should know better than to fall for that stuff.
How dare you? Nice try.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Have you read the bill? I have.
The part where Dr Emanuel says "Children! Bah! Zey haf no place in civilized society!" and shakes his first at Frank and Joe?

Old 08-08-2009, 07:24 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,474 times
Quote:
I have no idea and less interest why you choose to cling to bottom-feeder propaganda when you could easily learn the facts.

If you've worked in the medical industry for 20 years you should know better than to fall for that garbage.
That is my point, as well. I am personally shocked beyond belief that another person in my field would not search out the best available source material before making a determination. Unbelievable.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
How dare you? Nice try.
You dont know better? Okay....

look, try it this way. why dont you post a quote that backs up your claims from something that's NOT a blog?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies