Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 03:22 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,612,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
what does *tic tock* mean that i am being reported to your master
Seek help now.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:28 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,036,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Seek help now.
why i can do it myself. and dont try to change the topic it sugest you are loosing

Old 08-08-2009, 03:36 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,612,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
You damn right.

Conservatives come in here and clutter this forum with so much disgusting trash. They hardly every have facts. When I ask a question, they never reply. They never go back to that thread. And they go off crying and complaining and now cannot even defend Palin?

I am ready to give them what they deserve. They're are just too scared to get it. Typical.

So anyone want to defend Palin?
Maybe Obama's comment about "political point-scorers" like Palin will raise them to their natural defense of all things Palin:

"And downright fictional, according to Obama, who said "political point-scorers" are spreading misleading information in an attempt to torpedo reform.

"Let me start by dispelling the outlandish rumors that reform will promote euthanasia, cut Medicaid, or bring about a government takeover of health care," Obama said.
"That's simply not true."

Read more: President Obama fires back at Sarah Palin post claiming his health plan would create a 'death panel'

Old 08-08-2009, 03:45 PM

46,978 posts, read 26,033,054 times
Quote:
wow an American citizen with a special needs child raises a concern with the new gov healthcare takeover and the responce is 20 pages of Palin hate and name calling.
OK, let me try to explain.

"I am concerned there may be a problem with resource allocation for special-needs individuals in the plan" is raising a concern. It's worthy of debate. It opens for discussions on how this sort of issue is handled now, how it's handled in other countries with UHC, how the legislation on the table does or doesn't focus on it. Cool.

But saying "my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's "death panel" so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their "level of productivity in society," whether they are worthy of health care" isn't raising a concern. It's text-book strawman - basically, she's making up a consequence of the legislation that isn't at all merited. Seriously, "death panel" - where did that come from? "Level of productivity in society", in quotes, - picked out of thin air.

She's not raising a concern with the legislation, she's pretending to raise a concern so she can scare her followers with her own bizarro impression of what UHC is like. It is not arguing in good faith, and the statement completely deserves the ridicule heaped on it.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:03 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,036,483 times
yes she was trying to raise a legit concern. how the heck are we going to take care of everyone including 20 million illegal alians and not have to cut services to the elderly and nonproductive population. you are dreaming which is nice but this is real life. thanks for trying to explain but Americans aint buying it

Old 08-08-2009, 04:08 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,015,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin
has laid pretty low since resigning.

But on her Facebook page, Palin
suggested Friday that President

Obama's health care plan might kill her child.
Via Talking Points Memo:

Palin: Obama's "Death Panel" Could Kill My Down Syndrome Baby

I knew it was just a matter of time before this nutjob would chime in...
ah, poor Sarah Palin. Too stupid to know that she's not smart....

Old 08-08-2009, 04:33 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,233,999 times
Quote:
yes she was trying to raise a legit concern. how the heck are we going to take care of everyone including 20 million illegal alians and not have to cut services to the elderly and nonproductive population. you are dreaming which is nice but this is real life. thanks for trying to explain but Americans aint buying it
That is becoming clearer every day, especially as more and more of the elderly are finding that medicare is no longer being accepted by their doctor. This develops into the rationing of health care that so many senior citizens fear in a comprehensive national program, and rightly so. This sentiment can understand the concerns voiced by Palin about her handicapped kid.

Fortunately, it appears the support for the proposal(s) is pretty moderate, while the opposition pretty strong. This likely favors the negatives gaining as the proposal is further discussed:

CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Poll. July 31-Aug. 3, 2009

"From everything you have heard or read so far, do you favor or oppose Barack Obama's plan to reform health care?" If favor or oppose: "Do you favor/oppose that plan strongly or only moderately?"

Strongly Favor - 23%
Favor - 27%
Moderately Oppose - 12%
Moderately Oppose - 33%
Strongly Unsure - 5%

Old 08-08-2009, 04:40 PM

643 posts, read 1,394,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I love how conservatives have not come in here and defended their precious Palin.

Posters that go crazy and post stupid threads everyday.

Never can seem to get an answer out of these people.
Defend her from what?! she did nothing wrong...

Old 08-08-2009, 04:48 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,116,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I have quite a few republican friends too...but there's a HUGE difference between a republican and the neoCON idiots we are discussing here.

The neoCONS are the ones calling the REAL republicans RINOs...Think about it.

BTW...I've been called a DINO a time or two by Ultra libs.
Me too.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:08 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,429,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
Defend her from what?! she did nothing wrong...
Yes, she did. That post on her Facebook page is so misleading, so full of innuendo and disinformation that it can be called nothing but "wrong". But then, I doubt she wrote it. It's too coherent. I even wonder if she knows what it said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies