Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 07:40 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
If there are any true conservatives left, I suggest you find one of their books and read it. Not this Neo Con pathological liar.
Do you really trust Chicago politics that much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 08:06 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
If there are any true conservatives left, I suggest you find one of their books and read it. Not this Neo Con pathological liar.
Yeah, sure... liars frequently list over 70 pages of actual primary source documentation to support their statements.

Why do so many people insist on remaining deaf, dumb, and blind to the truth about Obama? ...Maybe their numbers are dwindling - Malkin's book is the NYT #1 Best Seller:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/16/bo...ref=bestseller

Old 08-14-2009, 08:39 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
JACK SAID IT BEST........

YouTube - A Few Good Man "You Can't Handle the Truth"

Old 08-14-2009, 08:52 PM

870 posts, read 1,627,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
You must be a very weak minded person to be influenced by such stupid person like Maulkin. Another FOX News fraud, a neocon Asian right winger LOL, GOP cartoon character #24
what a racist liberal.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:03 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
interesting thread and interesting scorecard also

left leaners- nothing but name calling

right leaners and moderates- actual thoughts and rational opinions

and for anyone that thinks chicago politics aren't corrupt, pass me some of what you're smoking.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:30 AM

1,891 posts, read 3,449,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
MM is a reasonable conservative who is not off the reservation like Beck. She at least calls out conservatives who mess up, pork up, etc. Sure she's not neutral, and her view of facts in her book is slanted in favor of the political right.

And what's wrong with defending internment? WW2 was the last, clear-cut, nation-state(s) vs. nation-state(s) war. That's how wars were faught. If you were from there, you could not be trusted unless proved otherwise. We're beyond that now since countries don't dare fight the US toe to toe. Sometimes the correct choice at the time (internment, etc) needs to be defended lest we make moral equivalency arguements all day long and second guess our own history.

Don't like her book? Don't buy it. Better yet, write a better one. No one's holding any of us back.
This just popped into my head, and it's 100% verifiable. There were more people of German and Italian descent who were interred during the war, yet neither group went after the Feds for reparations, and you never hear about it. Biased TV networks like PBS will run depressing "documentaries" about Japanese folks who were interred, yet won't even acknowledge the Europeans who got the same treatment.

Funny how people have opinions about subjects they know absolutely nothing about, to include books they've never read. My guess is these are the same folks would favor more censorship and whatnot. They don't even read a book like Malkin's yet are ready to condemn it.

I've yet to hear about Mad Cow or Olbermann claiming there are any lies or fabrications in the book, in fact there would already be lawsuits if that were the case. Alas, there are none, which means the book must be well-researched and I'm sure it connects the dots in a straight forward manner.
-

Old 08-15-2009, 04:37 AM

1,891 posts, read 3,449,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Do you expect credibility from some Asian-American woman who wrote a book defending Japanese American internment? This woman is full of self-loathing, she probably sees herself as a White person and hates her race and ethnicity. Her real last name is Maglalang. She is definitely a yellow Uncle Tom.
You mean like how Barry, I mean, Barack hates himself? Hates this country? Hates our culture?

Where is your evidence Michelle Malkin hates herself?

Old 08-15-2009, 05:11 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I've always thought that those who refute a claim are the ones who should prove their point.
I'm not sure if this is the stupidest thing that I've seen in two and a half years of visiting P&OC, but it's got to be in the Top Five at least...

Old 08-15-2009, 05:12 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Malkin is nails!!

Old 08-15-2009, 05:34 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Michelle Malkin can explain things very clearly without stuttering and with clear explanations! That is what Obama can't, which shows how he just is trying to get something approved and the consequenses are for the next generation, as long as he was the one who could use a "new" pen to sign the bill and has his name on it!

There is no transparency as he had promissed, he broke campaign promiss after promiss and his lack of experience is showing more and more.

He is telling foreigners that Americans are arrogant while bowing for the King of Saudi, showing who he really respects!!!!

The man is more radical than I ever could have believed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies