Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 01:52 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
Because the south is filled with disgusting anti us sentiment. These same people who swear they love america, and support the troops, will always have that ugly flag talking about they deserve to save their heritage

It is a flag of treason, and the people you see with it are traitors to their nation

So it's OK if I just crap all over your heritage then? Sounds like you are the one still fighting the war...

Old 08-28-2009, 02:19 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,398,001 times
Because they are proud of their heritage and want to show it. Has nothing to do with slavery...I have a friend in Arkansas who wears a Confederate flag t-shirt sometimes...he has many African American friends (although he doesn't wear the shirt around them). Just because somebody has a Confederate flag doesn't mean they should be treated like Nazis, because you never know what their intentions are.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:25 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
Because they are proud of their heritage and want to show it. Has nothing to do with slavery...I have a friend in Arkansas who wears a Confederate flag t-shirt sometimes...he has many African American friends (although he doesn't wear the shirt around them). Just because somebody has a Confederate flag doesn't mean they should be treated like Nazis, because you never know what their intentions are.
Yes it does

Old 08-28-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Yes it does
And who told you that? Leave them alone. Unless they intend to stir up trouble, you have no business judging them or doing anything to them.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
And who told you that? Leave them alone. Unless they intend to stir up trouble, you have no business judging them or doing anything to them.
Secession is Treason
Secessionists are Traitors

Old 08-28-2009, 02:51 PM

218 posts, read 468,652 times
Default why u-b-hating

I am one of many "GRITS" (GIRL RAISE IN THE SOUTH) We have a diiferent meaning of this flag than those of you that are haters. Just because we want to keep this flag, it does not mean than we are racist, some might be but most are not. This is, weather or not, you like it ....part of our HISTORY. Even though the South did loose (and most of us know that also) It is a part of us. To me it shows our mistakes and our ability to change our opinions, with out this flag.. a part of History is lost. Why do blacks like to be called African-American after all it was the African who sold them first? Do you think they are stupid for wanting to keep African in their title? Or do you think that they like to be reminded of all their family has sacrificed for them.I also don't see many white people with an African flag.
Many people black and white has fought for freedom. It is something that we are desire. That is why the Tea Parties are fighting now, They want to keep the freedom that all has fought for. So who ever you are don't try to race bait you opinions, it shows your true colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
This is a flag that supports racism, and everything that went along with the civil war. All people who likes this flag, I see them as racist people. I have never seen any Black people with this flag. It is only the White Southern people. Also, those Black people that fought with the Southerners in the Civil War, it was not because they wanted to fight, they fought because they wanted freedom because they were slaves. They were promised if they would fight along with the White Southerners they will be granted freedom. Some people say that it represents being proud of the South, because this flag represented the South, but it also represented racism. This is United States, people should only carry the US flag.

Confederate flag= Racist Flag

Old 08-28-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorasbox View Post
I am one of many "GRITS" (GIRL RAISE IN THE SOUTH) We have a diiferent meaning of this flag than those of you that are haters. Just because we want to keep this flag, it does not mean than we are racist, some might be but most are not. This is, weather or not, you like it ....part of our HISTORY. Even though the South did loose (and most of us know that also) It is a part of us. To me it shows our mistakes and our ability to change our opinions, with out this flag.. a part of History is lost. Why do blacks like to be called African-American after all it was the African who sold them first? Do you think they are stupid for wanting to keep African in their title? Or do you think that they like to be reminded of all their family has sacrificed for them.I also don't see many white people with an African flag.
Many people black and white has fought for freedom. It is something that we are desire. That is why the Tea Parties are fighting now, They want to keep the freedom that all has fought for. So who ever you are don't try to race bait you opinions, it shows your true colors.
Nazism is part of Germany's history but they don't let people fly the Swastika. We didn't fight a war with Africa. we did with the Confederacy.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:00 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,181 times
Quote:
Secession is Treason
Ignoramous, read the Articles of Confederation.

Here. Give yourself an education instead of spewing garbage.

Backwater Report » The US Constitution — A Voluntary Compact

Does a state have the right to secede from the union? - Yahoo! Answers

As Ive told other posters, treason my magnolia-sniffing butt. It was in the ORIGINAL CONTRACT between the states that states could secede from the Union. Virginia, New York AND Rhode Island were some of the first to make this stipulation, and the right was granted to other states as well.

And what the hell do you mean "we"? YOUR state didnt even exist until 1912..it was still the Territory of New Mexico!

Old 08-28-2009, 03:03 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,490,573 times
Quote:
Secession is Treason
That's just yet another glib motto for so-called patriots to hide behind. Don't forget the original American patriots committed treason themselves when they broke away from England. One can argue, and it has been argued, that one reason those founding fathers seceeded from Britain in the first place was because they could see the writing on the wall and realized Britain was soon going to put a kibosh on their lucrative slave trade.

And that's another thing. If symbols associated with slavery are so offensive to some people, then why don't we detest the images of Thomas Jefferson or George Washington? Those guys owned slaves. They were against abolition in their lifetimes. Is the reason we're ok with them because we collectively realize that even though they did stand for slavery, that's not all they stood for? Or, is it because they're a common thread, shared by all Americans, regardless of geographic location? What is it exactly? Because I'm curious. It sounds like second-rate hypocrisy to me, but perhaps someone can enlighten me as to how it's not. Perhaps you, Boompa, can explain it to me.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Secession is Treason
That's not what they might necessarily see it as. My friend in particular doesn't look at it that way at all. If you are telling me that my friend should be ashamed of his heritage, I can tell that you look at things in terms of stereotypes. He is simply saying when he wears that shirt, "I am a Southerner, and I am proud of it." I can certainly say he would rather be him than somebody who likes to berate the flag as meaning a promotion of racism and treason. I'm no longer replying to you as you're clearly out to pick a fight. Go waste your time on someone who is actually willing to agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies