Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 01:11 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,304,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post

Even one such as you should be able to tell the difference between the terms "healthcare reform" and "health insurance reform". One is supposed to actually perform health care. The other, the method to pay for it. The lie is trying to combine the two into one entity. Of course, if the government plans succeeds, that is exactly what will happen.

I can see how you would get confused.
Tell us why this matters... It isn't as though he was discussing how he was going to reform the way doctors do business and then changed up in mid-stream and said that he'd change how health insurance companies do business.

As delusianne said, had you bothered to read it, the American Public was apparently confused (read ignorant because they didn't bother to read anything on it) by the term "healthcare" reform..... Obama obliged the masses and re-termed it what it more accurately is: "health insurance" reform....

Now you want to claim that he was "lying"?? I think you need more practice at connect-the-dots, because they don't connect here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 01:12 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
The more I listen to Conservative talk radio, the sicker I get. They repeat the same lines almost like religion. I have come to realize that only a very brainwashed and irrational person could believe in these lies, most of them have no idea what they are talking about and are just conditioned over time to repeat the same irrational, stupid lines as if they were gospel. "The Founding Fathers..." like that ignorant woman at the townhall meeting that talked about the "sleeping giant". Bunch of hooey!
By woman at townhall meeting, are you referring to the fake doctor who was an Obama delegate or the "mean sign" young girl whose mother works for the DNC.

Exposed: The little “mean signs girl” Julia Hall from New Hampshire Townhall not so random afterall | Fire Andrea Mitchell!

I noticed you decided to not list any of these "lies". That speaks volumes.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:15 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,304,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterK View Post
So because they get tax breaks for their donations they are still evil? You you rather them not make the donations? You are trying to distract from the truth.

Truth: Government gives tax breaks for charitable donations......good thing

Another truth: Large corporations and wealth make donations, receive tax breaks......everyone wins, another good thing

So the government robs the nations coffers by funnelling corporate tax money into charitable organizations and giving the companies a discount on their taxes as incentive for doing it, right?

I'll sit here and wait for the Republican/Conservative OUTRAGE over another program of government waste here.....

<chirp, chirp, chirp>

Old 08-17-2009, 01:28 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
So the government robs the nations coffers by funnelling corporate tax money into charitable organizations and giving the companies a discount on their taxes as incentive for doing it, right?

I'll sit here and wait for the Republican/Conservative OUTRAGE over another program of government waste here.....

<chirp, chirp, chirp>
It's better than them taxing me and me paying for your lazy ass!

Old 08-17-2009, 01:33 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,564,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Just guessing based on the assumptions you made and the conclusions you drew from them.
That does seem to be your primary method of operation. Guessing what others think and declaring your guesses true, guessing what the government means and declaring it true.

Seems to be a pattern here.........

Old 08-17-2009, 01:35 PM

[quote=delusianne;10318538]
Quote:
As you yourself said, they're the same thing. I think I explained fairly well why they're having to spell out exactly WHAT is intended to be reformed, since people have chosen to misunderstand so profoundly. Nothing sinister about it.
To the thinking person, different names would indicate different things. Changing a name to fit your agenda and trying to fool the gullible is the same as lying.

Of course, I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:36 PM

769 posts, read 888,369 times
Quote:

No...they are just taking less. Robbing incinuates that they own the money. They do not. On track with this topic, one of my biggest issues with government charity (welfare) is that vast inefficiencies that exist. If the government gives a tax incentive for a company to donate, the money donated with benefit the poor better than if it had first trickled through the great bureaucracy.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:38 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,979 times
[quote=Predos;10319623]
Quote:

To the thinking person, different names would indicate different things. Changing a name to fit your agenda and trying to fool the gullible is the same as lying.

Of course, I wouldn't expect you to understand that.
Predos, you are wasting your breath. Liberals operate on semantics and sentence welding. They will always tell you that you are too dumb to understand what things mean. Everything is "read between the lines (lies)" with them.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:39 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,341,458 times
Quote:
such as what?
Here are some liberal lies:

"Global warming will doom us all!" Oh, I forgot; now it's called "climate change."

"President Reagan's and Bush's tax cuts were for the rich."

"Republicans like wars."

Old 08-17-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Tell us why this matters... It isn't as though he was discussing how he was going to reform the way doctors do business and then changed up in mid-stream and said that he'd change how health insurance companies do business.

As delusianne said, had you bothered to read it, the American Public was apparently confused (read ignorant because they didn't bother to read anything on it) by the term "healthcare" reform..... Obama obliged the masses and re-termed it what it more accurately is: "health insurance" reform....

Now you want to claim that he was "lying"?? I think you need more practice at connect-the-dots, because they don't connect here.
Some courses in logic would do you good. Of course it isn't lying when the liberal do it, only when conservatives do. Now why didn't I see that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies