Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 09:14 AM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
--Maybe because that isn't how our society has worked, EVER.?

--That change is affected by people that STAY here and try to change the imperfections of our society for the better? (in their opinion of course)

--That this is an evolving democracy and always has been?

Your statement is pretty obtuse and flies in the face of what this country is about. So perhaps if anyone should leave, it should be you.

I guess MLK Jr. should have just left along with all the other black people, eh?

I guess women should have just left?

I guess gays should just leave?

I guess that those who think marijuana should be legal should just leave?

ETC.....
So why does everyone go into a hissy fit when your view of how America should be is opposed by more people than support it? You are also only talking about laws, not how our whole system is run. Like the person you replied to said, isn't it easier to just move somewhere that fits your agenda like Hollyweird did? Not according to the libs, they would rather destroy something to get their way, regardless of what the majority thinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 09:14 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No, I dont have health care by choice
Quote:

Oh brilliant. Do you care about anyone else?

No, its not the governments job to pay bills on behalf of its citizens..
Oh brilliant. Do you care about anyone else besides yourself?

Old 08-18-2009, 09:17 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,317,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Do you?
The majority in America is against Obam's plan.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:19 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
hold up, you or any conservtive never said anything like that GTFOH seriously
Never have told anyone to leave the country, I have told people to move to a state though that give them the benefits and lifestyle that they choose to have. Those who dont understand the difference show how ignorant they are of our government system.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:19 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
No, I dont have health care by choice

No, its not the governments job to pay bills on behalf of its citizens..
Well the government already pays plenty of medical bills.
You already help foot the bill for many uninsured people when they go into the emergency room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Do you?
There is no OBAMA plan. Obama left the writing of the health care bill up to Congress.
There is MORE than one health care bill floating around so it's pretty asinine to say "Obama's PLAN." Now if you can bring up a SPECIFIC bill...then we might be able to have a conversation.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:22 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times
Quote:
Aren't you concerned about our health system? Aren't you sick of the fact that there is no movement on the part of Republicans to help people? What facts don't you agree with in Kev's post? I don't see it as GOP hatred. If the facts aren't cited, there will no way to help the American people, many of whom are suffering greatly under our existing health care system.
I don't see health care as a right. I agree there is a health care crisis, however that is a MORAL problem, not a legal one. The federal government should have no hand in health care. Am I concerned? Yes I am, but the last thing I want is for the government to have a play in this. I do everything I can to help people. I buy food for homeless I pass on the street, I give money to people in my church who can't pay medical bills - I help my local community. If everyone did such things instead of crying to the government to solve their problems, we wouldn't be in this mess. The solution to this crisis is a personal response to the moral problem of health care. I am tired of people sitting at home complaining about health care problems when they could walk out their front door and effect change on their local community. I want liberals to stop talking about the health care problem and take a personal interest in helping those around them. Government is not the solution - it is an excuse for people to continue being lazy (if the government is helping with health care you can avoid having a conversation with the impoverished family in the sketchy neighborhood). I want liberals to focus all their effort on helping individuals who need it instead of putting that energy into complaining about a lack of governmental action.

Am I "sick of the fact that there is no movement on the part of Republicans to help people?" Yes, but I am equally sick of Democrat's lack of personal stake in this issue. Stop complaining, stop debating, stop relying on the government, get out there and help people. If we aren't willing to take personal action to solve this issue, what hope do we have for real change?

Old 08-18-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Do you?
Of course. I am not with the people who succumbed to scare tactics.
And no...not the majority. The liberals want his public health plan. They are upset with him because he seems to be caving to a coop plan. That is different. Anyway, it's not over until the fat lady....

Old 08-18-2009, 09:23 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
I can picture you doing this while you keyed that

P.s. you can change the system but legally only through amendments to the constitution. Last I checked, healthcare was not an amendment...
It doesn't require an amendment. The Constitution is SILENT on the matter of healthcare. It is not even mentioned. And if you are going to try to argue that the 10th Amenedment somehow prevents the Federal Gvt from enacting the "public option", I suggest you find a lawyer nutty enough to challenge Medicare, SCHIP and the VA.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:23 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
The topic isnt, does pghquest care about anyone else, the topic is the federal governments attempt to nationalize the healthcare system in violation which they lack the legal authority to do, simply because the citizens or the states that these citizens reside do not want to pay their individual obligations.

To answer your question, yes I very much care about myself, my family, my extended family, then my local community.. Thats where my rights and obligations end..

Old 08-18-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I don't see health care as a right. I agree there is a health care crisis, however that is a MORAL problem, not a legal one. The federal government should have no hand in health care. Am I concerned? Yes I am, but the last thing I want is for the government to have a play in this. I do everything I can to help people. I buy food for homeless I pass on the street, I give money to people in my church who can't pay medical bills - I help my local community. If everyone did such things instead of crying to the government to solve their problems, we wouldn't be in this mess. The solution to this crisis is a personal response to the moral problem of health care. I am tired of people sitting at home complaining about health care problems when they could walk out their front door and effect change on their local community. I want liberals to stop talking about the health care problem and take a personal interest in helping those around them. Government is not the solution - it is an excuse for people to continue being lazy (if the government is helping with health care you can avoid having a conversation with the impoverished family in the sketchy neighborhood). I want liberals to focus all their effort on helping individuals who need it instead of putting that energy into complaining about a lack of governmental action.

Am I "sick of the fact that there is no movement on the part of Republicans to help people?" Yes, but I am equally sick of Democrat's lack of personal stake in this issue. Stop complaining, stop debating, stop relying on the government, get out there and help people. If we aren't willing to take personal action to solve this issue, what hope do we have for real change?
What you don't seem to understand is that it won't be a right because I am sure we will be taxed for it...so we will be paying our way. I believe Obama when he says his plan will benefit people whereas insurance companies have greatly harmed people by not coming through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies