Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 02:44 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
who asked for your pity? I have health insurance through my husband's employer, BTW. But I have the ability to feel for other less fortunate people. When you have loons standing up at the town halls and people like Rush and Glen Beck speaking for your party, that's how people will judge your party. If the right doesn't like it they should stop listening to FOX and Rush and get some new spokespeople. Until then, that's who is setting the example, and I think it is embarrassing.

sounds like I hit a nerve

yes, nancy and harry, boy those are some voices to cheer about
hey not every one that does not want a government run health care is a right wing looney
I am a democrat and I can not stand the far left loopy narrow-minded
" my way or the high way"
I do not know when we all can come together, Obama promised he would unite, but like everything else, he lied about that two.
He is going to end up ramming this with 51 points, if he can get them, and that will be that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 02:44 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolstoy1 View Post
Yes and we already have medicaid, welfare and homeless shelters so we have many programs out there for the less fortunate

These are admirable programs although there are some who abuse these systems

How exactly would you recommend that we deal with the less fortunate better?
By giving ALL Americans affordable health care.

Many CHRISTIAN leaders in that conference agreed with Obama.

Too bad so many "christians" have no moral directives or ethics nor love for their fellow humans nor sympathy for the sick ......as their Jesus did.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:47 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,162,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
So your complaint only applies to those with an R that dislike the plan, but you automatically rule out anyone with a D from your assertion?
No, I'm generalizing that most on the right are against the plan and most on the left are for it. I don't think that is an unfair characterization. So, fine, anyone, from any side, go ahead and admit that some deserve care, and some do not. Go ahead...

and, on a PP, going to a clinic is fine and dandy if all you need is an antibiotic or something, but what if you get hit by a bus or get cancer, or some chronic illness? Your bills will bankrupt you, and that is not ok.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:48 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,560 times
Quote:
No, I'm generalizing that most on the right are against the plan and most on the left are for it. I don't think that is an unfair characterization. So, fine, anyone, from any side, go ahead and admit that some deserve care, and some do not. Go ahead...

and, on a PP, going to a clinic is fine and dandy if all you need is an antibiotic or something, but what if you get hit by a bus or get cancer, or some chronic illness? Your bills will bankrupt you, and that is not ok.
You're making the assumption that they disagree with the plan because they don't want people to have care, as if this is the only way to improve the healthcare system.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
Take A civics class
Try reading the constitution where it says VERY CLEARLY that things like this are state responsibilities..

Old 08-20-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
yes, nancy and harry, boy those are some voices to cheer about
hey not every one that does not want a government run health care is a right wing looney
I am a democrat and I can not stand the far left loopy narrow-minded
" my way or the high way"
I do not know when we all can come together, Obama promised he would unite, but like everything else, he lied about that two.
He is going to end up ramming this with 51 points, if he can get them, and that will be that.
How can he unite when the right is unwilling? The other side needs to be willing to compromise, too, and apparently they are not. I'm fine with "my way or the high way" at this point. The dems are in power because we elected them. Let's let them do their jobs.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:50 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,828 times
Quote:
who asked for your pity? I have health insurance through my husband's employer, BTW. But I have the ability to feel for other less fortunate people. When you have loons standing up at the town halls and people like Rush and Glen Beck speaking for your party, that's how people will judge your party. If the right doesn't like it they should stop listening to FOX and Rush and get some new spokespeople. Until then, that's who is setting the example, and I think it is embarrassing.

sounds like I hit a nerve
You've hit no nerve, here. I, too, have health insurance, through my former employer. How do you know what party I belong to, anyway, you an oracle, or something? "It" is embarrassing? What? What's your beef, rather, where's the beef? Rabies of the mouth will get you nowhere with me.

Please explain your usage of the word "loons?" If you can. I would suppose your are referring to those folks who are exercising their constitutional rights to voice dissent, yes? Or those in whatever state(s) who have the right to carry, anywhere, yes? Yeah, I see now, you want the government to pay your bills, your house payments, and now for your clunkers, too, betcha, huh? Get a life.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You're making the assumption that they disagree with the plan because they don't want people to have care, as if this is the only way to improve the healthcare system.
I asked in another thread for someone to explain how they would change it, if not the way that is currently being proposed. No one answered. Someone said they wanted more affordable care, but not provided by the govt. I asked where it was supposed to come from, and didn't get an answer. So, I'll ask again. HOW is health care supposed to be improved w/o govt. intervention? How?

Old 08-20-2009, 02:55 PM

5,341 posts, read 14,137,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
That whole "abortion" issue is a smoke screen and belongs in another debate entirely.

Health care reform IS a moral obligation and needs to be overhauled in some way.
The LAST thing we need is for the gov't to get involved in health care more than they all ready are (medicare/medicade). I am so glad to see the American people stand up against this. His whole plan on health care is crumbling. GREAT JOB TO THE NAYSAYERS!!!!!!

Old 08-20-2009, 02:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
How can he unite when the right is unwilling? The other side needs to be willing to compromise, too, and apparently they are not. I'm fine with "my way or the high way" at this point. The dems are in power because we elected them. Let's let them do their jobs.
Let me get this straight, you want us to unite and just disregard the constitution and the laws which clearly say that these are obligations of individual states? I got it, its take it or shove it up your a$$...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies