Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 04:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
As I said before, yes I did read the link, and I saw a conservative staring into his crystal ball and telling us exactly how things are going to be in 40 years. Another republican argument of what will happen.

So I'm taking from your silence that you DO believe that Obama was trying to enact "death panels"? You actually do believe that nonsense? Well I thought I'd be surprised, but after reading your other posts I'm really not.

The absolute undeniable fact that everyone must admit is that there are sick people in America that cannot afford health insurance. We are currently rationing health care to only those with the money to pay for it. We are able to come together as a country to make sure that these people can receive the basic care they need for survival, but conservatives want to obstruct this bill because passing it would make the democrats look good.

I guess you'll believe anything you read online that discredits Obama.
I do feel sorry for people who can't see what the Census Bureau says about how many people there will be. Can't see that 74 million people who are now paying for Medicare will be wanting to collect it. So many numbers there that you must think don't mean much since we skipped thinking in millions and billions 6 moths ago and started thinking in trillions, instead.

Nope you failed to see the numbers and the result that will come from them being true, not just some conservative reporting them. Now I don't know for sure how the ACORN people will do their counting but I do know that statistics may be beyond your ken.

Oh golly I forgot to mention that those panels were provided for in the House bill but after Sarah made it widely known that they were they were taken out. It makes my laugh a bunch thinking about how she influenced that and she isn't even serving in an elected office. Maybe she should be our next President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 04:28 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You haven't managed to figure out that all those words were quotes from the article that you say you read all of. Come on, and stop trying to pull my leg.
I said very plainly that I wasn't interested in reading the link. Go back and read better.

Update: Strangely enough, after I posted this, I got the strangest comment in my Rep bin:

"your not interisted because you cant read you loser. your probibly dumer than a 8th grater because your stupid. go back and be born smarer beter morron"

I wonder who could have written that. Perhaps hiding his identity by misspelling atrociously.

Last edited by idahogie; 08-23-2009 at 05:55 PM..

Old 08-23-2009, 04:46 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,297 times
I'm being lazy right now, so would someone please post a link to the part in the bill that discussed 'death panels'? I missed it the first time I reviewed it. I only saw something about paying physicians for the time they spend discussing end of life options with patients. But, I'm sure it's there since Palin said it was.

Please?

Old 08-23-2009, 07:32 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,413,810 times
Quote:
I do feel sorry for people who can't see what the Census Bureau says about how many people there will be. Can't see that 74 million people who are now paying for Medicare will be wanting to collect it. So many numbers there that you must think don't mean much since we skipped thinking in millions and billions 6 moths ago and started thinking in trillions, instead.

Nope you failed to see the numbers and the result that will come from them being true, not just some conservative reporting them. Now I don't know for sure how the ACORN people will do their counting but I do know that statistics may be beyond your ken.

Oh golly I forgot to mention that those panels were provided for in the House bill but after Sarah made it widely known that they were they were taken out. It makes my laugh a bunch thinking about how she influenced that and she isn't even serving in an elected office. Maybe she should be our next President.
Did I ever deny that the Census Bureau was wrong about the population of America in 40 years? All I said is you can't predict the future. You can't know what state of being the country will be in by then, you can't know anything about that far into the future really, on as big a scale as were talking about anyways. The article is a bunch of loony crystal ball looking speculation. There are no facts to back up anything he said, which is exactly what I expected out of it.

Why are you bringing up ACORN? what do they have to do with anything?

Now show me where it said in the bill that there were "death panels" I've read the bill, I read it before there were even any changes to it, and I never came across ANYTHING that even resembled something that could be construed as a "death panel". You're too far in to probably realize this, but it is as just as crazy to believe in all of this birther nonsense than it is to believe in "death panels". To assume that Sarah Palin was behind the Democrats changing the bill, and not some bat **** crazy republican terrorists, is not only absurd, but ignorant. No one of at least average intelligence cares what that woman has to say. She is completely irrelevant.

And you want her to be president.... Haha its good that I can show that statement to people to let them know that nothing you say should be taken seriously.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:02 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,207 times
Quote:
Are you suggesting that Obama will not be in office in 2013 when this law goes into effect. It sounds like it since you keep referring to Republican death squads. Surely you don't think that some filthy Republican, like Sarah Palin, will be in office and appointing those committees.
Not at all Roy it's just that republicans are the only ones talking about death squads. I'm guessing they don't feel they have to be in power to form these death squads. Hell your gal Palin will probably form her death squad in a airplane. Just fly over a nursing home while the oldsters are out sunning.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I'm being lazy right now, so would someone please post a link to the part in the bill that discussed 'death panels'? I missed it the first time I reviewed it. I only saw something about paying physicians for the time they spend discussing end of life options with patients. But, I'm sure it's there since Palin said it was.

Please?
Anyone? Roysoldboy?

Old 08-23-2009, 08:10 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,707,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post

Please?
Certainly; here's the linky:

HEALTH CARE DEATH PANELS*|*Weekly World News

Quote:
According to Palin those deemed “unproductive” by democrats would be encouraged by government agents to consent to being euthanized “for the good of the State.” Those who decline would be taken forcibly and “made an example of.” While Democrats in Washington condemn these notions as preposterous Orly Taites says she has proof!

Orly Taites, mother of the Birther movement, claims to have proof of Democrat Death Panels. Taits claims to have photographic proof of the elderly being rounded up from nursing homes by government officials. Critics say that these are simply stock photos from advertisements of nursing homes, to which Taites says she is being unfairly ridiculed and surpressed.

Hundreds of conservatives, including the Birthers, have joined their voices in condemning Health Care reform. Already in town halls across the midwest angry citizens are throwing their elderly at local representatives in protest.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:12 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,339,666 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/newre...e=1&p=10410866
Quote:
What if, in 2050, Palin and her husband are not here. And 42-year-old Trig, with Down syndrome, has been in an institution for years, and the cost of his care and that of hundreds of thousands like him with Down syndrome is draining the resources of the health care system?
I literally laughed out loud at this one! My Lord.....there's no end to their madness. Who are these "what if's" resonating with?

Old 08-23-2009, 08:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,935,966 times
Quote:
I'm being lazy right now, so would someone please post a link to the part in the bill that discussed 'death panels'?
Sarah Palin: Concerning the "Death Panels" | Facebook

Here is Palin's response; note she references those passages in the legislation, she even supplys a link to the actual legislation - so now you don't have to be lazy anymore and can read the bill yourself.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Thank you.

Quote:
Already in town halls across the midwest angry citizens are throwing their elderly at local representatives in protest.

*Warning: Rootbeer float burns when you laugh so hard it goes into your nose*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies