Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 07:23 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally posted by nononsenseguy
Well, they sure don't tune in to laugh.
Well, I sure don't. If Obama ever gets attacked or shot it'll be on the heads of people like him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 07:25 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Well, I sure don't. If Obama ever gets attacked or shot it'll be on the heads of people like him.
I agree, I don't think we'll have to worry about Beck much longer though, he'll be unemployed soon....

Old 08-29-2009, 07:39 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times
well I bet Rush is cheap to get as a guest... wave a little oxycontin at him and he's there...

As for anyone using Faux for news. you might as well use Jerry Springer they have the same level of truth. yawn. Some people prefer entertainment than actual information.

If someone on the news was reported as a drug addict you likely would never give them credibility again yet these 2 get a pass? I don't get it. selective judgements? stupidity? And Fox admits to not giving the truth but are only there for entertainment...

I guess I'm not the same way, if you feed me $hit I will never think its sweet no matte how many times you tell me it is.

Last edited by AONE; 08-29-2009 at 07:58 PM..

Old 08-29-2009, 07:40 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Conservatives tend to watch a lot of cable news and listen to a lot of AM talk radio.

Progressives tend to read more books and newspapers.

In conclusion, this news is not a surprise.
Pssst....your newspapers are going bankrupt, and the #1 best selling books are written by the likes of Glen Beck, Michelle Malkin, Bill O'Reilly and Mark Levin.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:43 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
And 3, Liberals watch and listen to a lot of conservative shows...unless, of course, they don't watch them and just make stuff up. O'Reilly says there's data to support Fox News as having the most informed viewers. Wouldn't that be a hoot if say a third of those informed viewers are liberals who are too afraid to admit they watch Fox News because of peer pressure? It must be a gut wrenching to have the opportunity to prove you are informed (goes right along with all of the lib "intellectual" back patting) but be scared to come out of the closet and admit you watch Fox News.

Maybe Beck wouldn't have the ratings if you all were watching Matthews or Blitzer because I'm looking at the numbers right now for last Thursday (the latest ones) and Beck had 2,544,000 viewers and Blitzer (1,158,000), Matthews (519,000), and whoever is on Headline News (346,000) had a total of 2,023,000. If Matthews doubled his audience, all three stations still wouldn't have beaten Beck.

I truly find it odd that Beck isn't saying anything different on Fox News that he said on CNN Headline News but you libs didn't get your panties in a twist until he was signed by Fox News. He even had a pitchfork on the CNN Headline News set. As far as I can tell, the only difference between his CNN Headline News show and his Fox News show is a splashier set, more room to physically run around in and more liberal viewers watching. So, what attracted you hand-wringing guys to Beck on Fox News? Is it the charts and drawings? The music? The fainting guests? The computer graphics? The blackboard? The food? The crying? Come on, the truth will set you free plus you get to be called "informed."
I guess if "O'Reilly" said it, it MUST be true.
C'mon, don't you think he might be a wee bit biased?

Old 08-29-2009, 07:50 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Pssst....your newspapers are going bankrupt, and the #1 best selling books are written by the likes of Glen Beck, Michelle Malkin, Bill O'Reilly and Mark Levin.
There are a lot of readers who have a hankering for the bizarre....

Old 08-29-2009, 07:52 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
C'mon, don't you think he might be a wee bit biased?
C'mon, don't you think everybody is a wee bit biased (including you) ?

Old 08-29-2009, 08:56 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
I did not quote your other point - I dont care...

What is the rating of Glen Beck vs. other news programs. You did not answer the question but you said you were an expert on ratings.

Glen Beck did get 3m viewers.. that was ONE night..following a controversy. America will tune into anything that is the "latest" in trendy.. if it is surrounded in controversy it's TV rating numbers will soar.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:05 PM

218 posts, read 468,684 times
YEAH, They just get on blogs and spread hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbirdoc View Post
Conservatives are also angry and having a huge temper tantrum because they are not in power so they are seeking out shows like Glenn Becks.

Progressives are not.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:49 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
No it won't. We are all responsible for our own actions, though I know libs like to place blame elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
well I bet Rush is cheap to get as a guest... wave a little oxycontin at him and he's there...

I see you fixed the spelling of your "oxycotton". I thought maybe it was a new street name for a softer version of oxycontin

As for anyone using Faux for news. you might as well use Jerry Springer they have the same level of truth. yawn. Some people prefer entertainment than actual information.

Where do the libs find their "entertainment"? Jerry Springer? PMSNBC? I honestly don't know ANY conservatives who would bother with Jerry Springer. They prefer information, from all sources, not just Fox.

If someone on the news was reported as a drug addict you likely would never give them credibility again yet these 2 get a pass?

Are you talking about a recovering drug addict? Betty Ford had to go into rehab for alcoholism. Showed tremendous courage and determination. Does she never regain any credibility or value as a human being in your eyes?

I don't get it. selective judgements? stupidity?

That's evident. You tell me which it is.

And Fox admits to not giving the truth but are only there for entertainment...

Link, please.

I guess I'm not the same way, if you feed me $hit I will never think its sweet no matte how many times you tell me it is.
Some people wouldn't recognize it, and would just keep absorbing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorasbox View Post
YEAH, They just get on blogs and spread hate.
You mean the way we see the libs do here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies