Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:17 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,071,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
While I did not see it - I understand Rush WAS on with Glenn - yesterday I believe
No, he was on audio with Glenn. He was not on live in the studio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 11:19 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,757,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
Yes your right I do live my life by trying to get accpetance by the CD posters. If you don't like my opinion then state it, but don't try to act like you know me. I live in Hawaii how miserable could I actually be. I have 80 degree weather everyday In my opinion the world would be a better place without idiots like Glenn Beck. I would be more then happy to be the one who drives him out to the Golden Gate Bridge so he can fullfill the family tradional by committing suicide.
Anyone who says they would be happy for another person to commit suicide is a truly pathetic person. Anyone who makes fun of someones family member committing suicide is a miserable person, I don't care what you say or where you live.

It is vile and hatefilled people like yourself who make the world a worse place than it has to be. I am now done wasting another second talking to you. You have brought nothing to this discussion other than ignorant, repugnant, and depraved statements. What a sad lonely existence you must live.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:26 AM

459 posts, read 805,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
Anyone who says they would be happy for another person to commit suicide is a truly pathetic person. Anyone who makes fun of someones family member committing suicide is a miserable person, I don't care what you say or where you live.

It is vile and hatefilled people like yourself who make the world a worse place than it has to be. I am now done wasting another second talking to you. You have brought nothing to this discussion other than ignorant, repugnant, and depraved statements. What a sad lonely existence you must live.

I just cooked a tri tip dinner for 12 people tonight. I don't understand how that is a lonely existence. I really get under your skin don't I. Don't worry we all made fun of your worthless shepard tonight. All 12 people at my house tonight, some liberal some conservatives, all agreed that Glenn Beck is a worthless journalist and can never be taken seriously, yet some of the retards on here base all their political beliefs on his every word. It really is sad

Old 08-29-2009, 05:21 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,351,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
True Blood gets about 5.3M viewers and was the top rated scripted show on TV. It's breaking records for HBO. It's also tops in 18-49.

I write a blog about TV, ratings etc.
Thanks for the info!
Is you're blog on CD?

Old 08-29-2009, 05:25 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,832,659 times
Quote:
True Blood gets about 5.3M viewers and was the top rated scripted show on TV. It's breaking records for HBO. It's also tops in 18-49.

I write a blog about TV, ratings etc.
How does Dexter do?

Old 08-29-2009, 06:52 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,342,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
For all those poor people who hate Glen Beck and did everything they could to force advertisers from his show etc, sorry to burst the left wing mobsters little bubble but Glenn Beck draw over 3 million viewers for last nights show.

Amazing for someone in the 5pm time slot to carry 3 million viewers.

Hold on dems, Beck is back and is actually growing in viewers.

Your little left wing mobsters tyrants did not work so well did they?

5PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)
Glenn Beck– 3,040,000 viewers (888,000) (1,385,000)
Situation Room—688,000 viewers (141,000) (271,000)
Hardball w/ Chris Matthews—536,000 viewers (139,000) (217,000)
Fast Money—215,000 viewers (55,000) (80,000)
Prime News–267,000 viewers (97,000) (109,000)

Poor CNN and MSNBC were of course millions BEHIND Beck combined!

Way to go Glen! Expose that idiot!

Even poor Ted Kennedys specials for 2 hours did not draw that many viewers.

Hey dems, GLEN IS BACK!! Bigtime!!!!!
What is especially funny is that except for "Hardball" (which it isn't) I've never heard of those other shows (well, I guess "Prime News" would be just the evening news?).

Old 08-29-2009, 06:55 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,342,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbirdoc View Post
President Obama had over 60 million votes...

Do you think all the people who watch Beck are his supporters or tune into laugh?
Well, they sure don't tune in to laugh.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:05 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,071,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
I watched Glenn Beck a couple of times when he was on CNN - didn't care for the show. I've watched part of a couple of his FOX "News" shows, but he's on right around our dinnertime, and that means that I run the risk of either losing my appetite or losing my dinner!

But those numbers are impressive, and I think a couple of conclusions can be drawn from them:

1. If millions are watching that kind of show, we need to start talking about "conservative media bias."

2. FOX "News" is clearly a player in mainstream media.

Think about that the next time you hear someone on conservative talk radio or TV whine about "media bias" and "mainstream media" .... isn't it a sort of We have met the enemy and he is us?
And 3, Liberals watch and listen to a lot of conservative shows...unless, of course, they don't watch them and just make stuff up. O'Reilly says there's data to support Fox News as having the most informed viewers. Wouldn't that be a hoot if say a third of those informed viewers are liberals who are too afraid to admit they watch Fox News because of peer pressure? It must be a gut wrenching to have the opportunity to prove you are informed (goes right along with all of the lib "intellectual" back patting) but be scared to come out of the closet and admit you watch Fox News.

Maybe Beck wouldn't have the ratings if you all were watching Matthews or Blitzer because I'm looking at the numbers right now for last Thursday (the latest ones) and Beck had 2,544,000 viewers and Blitzer (1,158,000), Matthews (519,000), and whoever is on Headline News (346,000) had a total of 2,023,000. If Matthews doubled his audience, all three stations still wouldn't have beaten Beck.

I truly find it odd that Beck isn't saying anything different on Fox News that he said on CNN Headline News but you libs didn't get your panties in a twist until he was signed by Fox News. He even had a pitchfork on the CNN Headline News set. As far as I can tell, the only difference between his CNN Headline News show and his Fox News show is a splashier set, more room to physically run around in and more liberal viewers watching. So, what attracted you hand-wringing guys to Beck on Fox News? Is it the charts and drawings? The music? The fainting guests? The computer graphics? The blackboard? The food? The crying? Come on, the truth will set you free plus you get to be called "informed."

Old 08-29-2009, 07:04 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,021,180 times
Quote:
again.. you all miss the point entirely.
I did not quote your other point - I dont care...

What is the rating of Glen Beck vs. other news programs. You did not answer the question but you said you were an expert on ratings.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:09 PM

133 posts, read 191,702 times
I love Glen Beck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies