Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 09:30 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,806 times

Advertisements

Greeting's,

It may be most accurate to state that the current U. S. political climate is indeed "Chilling" and undeniably "Volatile".....

Many uncertanties plague the American People at this time. Confidence in our elected officials and their ability to apply effective leadership is in question.....

As many of us are aware America has been experiencing a dismal Washington political leadership vacumm for at least the last 25 years.....
Unfortunately this debacle continues to be a matter of course in 2009 !

Decisions desperately need to be made to address the many dangerous problems this great republic is experiencing from within and without !

It' time to immediately cease the insidious and destructive "Politics As
Usual" Idealogy that continues to be SOP... despite the horrendous
state our beloved nation finds itself in at this point in our history.

This nation desperately needs to "Regroup" and establish a most "Resolute
Unity"..... to solve these nation destroying problems before they completely destroy our America !!!

It's absolutely unthinkable that the America many of us have known and loved for so long could possibly be experiencing the dire uncertainty and ever approaching level of heartbreaking "Chaos" that defines our status today.....

It matters not who the current Washington Administration occupants are..... The one vitally important matter lies before us..... Mark it "Urgent"...... So urgent that "ALL"of us who love this great nation must
quickly and eagerly work together the restore America to her rightful place on the world stage.... End the "Political Games"...... Let the dynamic resurrection of the most unique nation on earth begin......

Thank You M/S1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 11:19 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
they're unanswered for you because you dont look them up.
This tiered old shtick of your, that the reason people disagree with you is because they are ignorant is old, tired and soooo predictable. I know damn well what I am speaking of.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:54 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The rest of your rant is a waste of my time to respond to, it's full of bile and hate. You know absolutely nothing about me, and yet you display dripping sarcasm and contempt for who or what you think i am.

I have only watched four Glen Beck shows in my life, I know next to nothing about him. The only reason I was curious enough to watch his show was because of looney tunes like you who go into fits of rage at the mere mention of his name. Just go peddle your insults, sarcasm and liberal hatred some place else.
How absolutely typical.

In the rest of my "rant" I addressed at great length your silly examples of things Beck said that you insisted were not misleading. I showed you that they patently are and suggested you and others like you go to the original sources (Obama's speech on video, HR 3200, InsideDefense.com) -- gave links to them even. Naturally, you call facts "hate" and a "rant". Is it because you're afraid, or dont really like to read much or what?

Anyway, have fun blundering around in the dark, with only the light of your television to guide you.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:01 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Why are there so many fear-mongers messing their pants?

Everything you list has been denied by the WH and debunked by independent people much smarter than you.

Hint: you're listening to too much Glenn Beck.

That's an interesting observation.

So why do we want to spend money we don't have for a public option most people don't want when the CBO says it won't save a dime?

For future reference, please don't use the words smart and White House together in the same sentence. It makes you appear intellectually lazy and shows you haven't really done your homework.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:28 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Why are there so many fear-mongers messing their pants?

Everything you list has been denied by the WH and debunked by independent people much smarter than you.

Hint: you're listening to too much Glenn Beck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
For future reference, please don't use the words smart and White House together in the same sentence. It makes you appear intellectually lazy and shows you haven't really done your homework.
"Smarter" modifies "people", which is also modified by "independent". "Smarter" does not modify "WH". Knowledge of basic grammatical functions can help one understand the meaning of a sentence, which is important if one wants to chastise others for what they write without looking moronic.

Last edited by helenejen; 08-29-2009 at 01:43 AM..

Old 08-29-2009, 01:43 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
"Smarter" modifies "people", not "WH". Knowledge of basic grammatical functions can help one understand the meaning of a sentence, which is important if one wants to chastise others for what they write without looking moronic.

I said don't use smart and White House in the same sentence. Try to keep up.

Got an answer for my question?

Old 08-29-2009, 03:59 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Only if your head has been up your...

Were you paying attention during the election? He gave more specific info than any other candidate out there:
None of the presidential candidates had more specific plans than Ron Paul. Easy to forget when the media ignored him for so long.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:55 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Sounds like something Adolph Hitler accused the Germans who had doubts about his power grip on the country.
Thank you, Mr. Godwin, but take even one small baby step back and you will see that the right-wing in its determination simply to oppose whatever it is that the administration is seeking to do is running NOTHING BUT a tired old Fear Campaign. The very same people who convinced you be afraid, very afraid that proof of their claims of WMD might come in the form of a mushroom cloud are now rattling their chains in hopes of frightening you out of supporting long-overdue health care and energy reform that will actually be good for YOU but perhaps bad for THEM and their own beyond-lucratrive financial interests. Wake the hell up and realize that these phonies are trying to use a simple, reptilian fear factor to manipulate you to work against your own best interests, and you are letting them do it. What the hell is wrong with you?

Old 08-29-2009, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
they're unanswered for you because you dont look them up.
Boy, doesn't THAT cover a lot of territory!!!

Old 08-29-2009, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
They also have not come out to deny the existence of fairies, goblins, or trolls. Your point?
Thanks, <Art123>. A rep will have to wait for another time, but it is always good to see feeble logic pointed out, and Lord knows there is a great need for that around these parts!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies