Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 09:05 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americaloveitorlveit View Post
Didn't see that, but even so, why everyone's tax info.? Why do they seem to be gathering information on US citizens?
The IRS is the government, and they already have the information. Shouldn't the question be, why would one branch of government share information with another branch of government? Information that is key to operation of the second branch. Hmmm, I can't think why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 09:07 AM

125 posts, read 140,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Every dictator collected information on as many as possible. Every dictator formed their own civilian force and every dictator wanted full control of the people. hussein obama and his criminal administration should NOT be trusted.

If people would look past his phony smile and look in his eyes, they are not warm and friendly.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:18 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The IRS is the government, and they already have the information. Shouldn't the question be, why would one branch of government share information with another branch of government? Information that is key to operation of the second branch. Hmmm, I can't think why.
Any and every other department of the gov. is not automatically entitled to the information the IRS has.
Not yet.
In one section it states eligibilty can be determined for those that may not apply.
Is that level of handholding......bah....never mind.
It appears to be desirable to a large segment of the population.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:22 AM

125 posts, read 140,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
These are Glenn Beck's "questions", and they're all misleading and designed to put you in a state of fear. Look them up at a neutral source, if you're not afraid to.

I suppose the questions are without answers because Glenn hasnt provided you with answers.

You dont have answers, and never will, because you dont research for yourself.
Really? So how is $9trillion in debt going to help our economy? And the only jobs I see being created are government jobs.Go to youtube, type in obama and whatever you want to see, obama making fun of the Bible, his civilion security force, most anything, watch and listen.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:24 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
If people would look past his phony smile and look in his eyes, they are not warm and friendly.
0bama's parents and grandparents are dead, it seems as if 0bama cares for no one in this world but himself and his wife and daughters.

We know he does not care anything about the relatives on his father's side, Aunt Zeituni lives in poverty, and his half-brother George Hussein Onyango Obama lives in crushing poverty. So much for 0bama being his brother's keeper.

I don't trust someone who can't even see to the welfare of his siblings much less his aunt who lives in poverty in this country.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:28 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Really? So how is $9trillion in debt going to help our economy? And the only jobs I see being created are government jobs.Go to youtube, type in obama and whatever you want to see, obama making fun of the Bible, his civilion security force, most anything, watch and listen.
Now you are being misleading and paranoid.

The $9 trillion does not include the passing of his healthcare bill or the Waxman-Markey carbon cap & trade bill, nor whatever damage he can do for the next 3 years..

Old 08-28-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
$9 trillion debt equals pay for the soldiers serving around the world. $9 trillion debt equals highways being built, and a government actually operating. I'm sure there are dollars currently being spent by the government in ways you do approve of.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:36 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What is "misleading" about questioning how a $9 trillion+ deficit benefits the country?

What is misleading to ask 0bama to explain what his civilian defense force is needed for:

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

Is it misleading to ask 0bama what enemy or tragic event he feels we need to defend against with this million man civilian defense force??

Is it misleading to ask VP Biden what he meant when he said this, especially when we are at or past that six month prediction?:

“Mark my words,it will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

“I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate,” Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. “And he’s gonna need help. And the kind of help he’s gonna need is, he’s gonna need you - not financially to help him - we’re gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it’s not gonna be apparent initially, it’s not gonna be apparent that we’re right.”

Is it misleading to question anything in the healthcare bills, or to ask why the IRS needs to provide all our tax information to so many government agencies?
Look. Do you notice that Glenn suggests you ask your elected reps -- he does NOT suggest you take some individual initiative and look up this stuff for yourself?

Does that tell you ANYTHING?

The "elected reps" schtick echoes the Tea Party faux-organization and defiance -- although, definitely do write your elected reps with any questions. Just try not to be embarrassed by the answers you get.

But Glenn's purpose is to set a lot of questions roiling in your mind -- questions that he and his owners know, from proof time after time, year in and year out, that you will NOT look them up, that you want to stay scared and be told what to think. This is how Faux and Rush and everyone else have made their living all these years, wapesha -- they deliberately play your deliberate ignorance.

"Civilian defense force" - for God's sake, listen to the video and answer this question for yourself, once and for all! I posted it for you all so many times last year I remember where the part in question starts -- at about minute 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df2p6867_pw

Yes it's misleading because 1) it counts on you NOT to look up the video for yourself and 2) as long as you're choosing to remain ignorant, as Faux knows you will, the line of questions deliberately creates a paranoid anxiety in you.

The Biden challenge quote. The right wing -- actually the mcCain campaign -- got all over this back when Biden said it. Here are the facts, AGAIN:

//www.city-data.com/forum/5882155-post1.html

Im surprised Beck is having to drag out these old, long-debunked lies. But, whatever works on the fans, right? Give em what they want....

so yes, it's misleading, too.

$9 trillion - Im sure Glenn didnt remind you that we're in a monster recession, nor that we started on January 20, 2009 at least $3T in the hole. Guess he just forgot, wasnt trying to mislead you at all

tax information to government agencies - sec 430A, I guess, is what the Bicker-Beckers have been bleating about this morning - duh, they want to be sure no one is financially cheating -- no one who does not qualify for public health care is allowed to use it!

How is this scary to you? I mean, forget Glenn told you to be scared, then read it. Here's a link to the bill - search for 430A and read the section yourself.

GovTrack: H.R. 3200: Text of Legislation, Introduced in House

So yeah, Glenn's not trying to play you or trick you. Glenn Is Your Friend

Old 08-28-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Any and every other department of the gov. is not automatically entitled to the information the IRS has.
Not yet.
In one section it states eligibilty can be determined for those that may not apply.
Is that level of handholding......bah....never mind.
It appears to be desirable to a large segment of the population.
I did not say that I supported the sharing of information to the level that is indicated in this legislation.

I did think it was necessary to point out that the government is not "gathering" more information on us, it already has the information, so "sharing" would be more descriptive, and that the information being shared does, in fact, serve a useful purpose.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:31 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
One view of the civilian national security force:
American Thinker: Obama's Civilian National Security Force

Maybe this is what Obama has in mind as one of the functions of the civilian national security force:
Michelle Malkin » Obama’s civilian security force: Billy club-wielding security guards at Philly polls

Wapasha's points are well stated. In the quote, "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set" perhaps the next question we need to ask is "what are the national security objectives" that Obama has set. It's clear from his statement that they are already defined, but I don't recall that they have been made available to the people.

Once we know what Obama's national security objectives are, we will be better able to understand what his civilian force is all about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies