Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the media left wing or right wing?
Left wing - They will talk about "Glenn Beck the illiterate" 25 86.21%
Right wing - They will not talk about Glenn Beck "silly mistake" 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 10:09 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Right because if you didnt go to the right college you cannot say anything that should be considered worthy....

I suppose the "little people" should shut up and let you grownups with ivy league edumacations tell us all how to live.

Hmm... I never said anything about going to the right college. I was simply pointing out that Beck does not have a background in political science. He's a disk jockey and should be seen as such. His understanding of the issues reflects this fact.

I believe our former president, George W. Bush, legacied his way into the right colleges and look at how well that worked out for us. One of the least intelligent presidents we've ever had. So, no, I do not link intelligence with "the right college". Stop projecting your insecurities.

One's intelligence is measured by how they process concepts and communicate. Beck, like Bush, has proven, by simply observing him, that he's rather limited in certain cerebral faculties.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 09-01-2009 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: edited for orphaned content
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 10:10 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
keep it up. attack his intellect. Make fun of his spelling. Point out he didnt go to college.
I won't go far enough to attack his intellect. He's a clever idiot, an opportunist making money off simpletons flocking to him, and at any cost.

It is his clientele I'm more worried about.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
yea the right wing was taking away your rights.... now Nelson Rockerfeller (D) is trying to pass a law that allows the government to shut down the internet and take it over.

Mark Lloyd (Obama appointed FCC "Diversity in Communications director is trying to shut down any form of radio or TV that he doesnt like and has even said the modle is HUGO CHAVEZ

But it was the RIGHT that is taking away your rights....

You are right about one point, it does remind me of FDR. by the way did you know that FDR had people tossed in prison for doing horrible things like setting the price for selling thier goods and services below the price the federal government demanded they use?

Yea, that is what we down in Texas like to call FREEDOM. snort.
What's funny is that you assume I don't see what the left is doing to challenge freedom. But, we're not talking about the left here.

So, feel free to join some of these secessionist rallies in your state. Just be sure to turn back your federal handouts and the military protection engendered therein, give us back the American flag, continue to deny that the conservatives took extraordinary measures to shred the Constitution and bankrupt us unnecessarily over the past 8 years, and go celebrate your freedom.

In the meantime, the rest of us will accept the basic tenants of Democratic ideology as a part of continued tension that has kept our nation dynamic for over two hundred years.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:16 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Hmm... I never said anything about going to the right college. I was simply pointing out that Beck does not have a background in political science. He's a disk jockey and should be seen as such. His understanding of the issues reflects this fact.

I believe our former president, George W. Bush, legacied his way into the right colleges and look at how well that worked out for us. One of the least intelligent presidents we've ever had. So, no, I do not link intelligence with "the right college". Stop projecting your insecurities.

One's intelligence is measured by how they process concepts and communicate. Beck, like Bush, has proven, by simply observing him, that he's rather limited in certain cerebral faculties.
you might not have said college. someone here did...or at the very least pointed out he didnt go to college.

and the attack on GWB was that while he did go to the right college he got bad grades thus he is an idiot too...

once again we argue over Becks "intelect" and the fact he doesnt have a degree in Political science because you have no desire to deal with content.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 09-01-2009 at 01:51 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
keep it up. attack his intellect. Make fun of his spelling. Point out he didnt go to college.

Please note, the attack on Beck in not an attack on content. it is on wheither he is worthy to be speaking.

Beck runs clips of Barak Obama's appointees giving speaches where they actually praise Hugo Chavez and attacking the concept of Freedom of Speech and we are supposed to ignor the content because Beck doesnt have the right "intellect"

I love it when you libs do what you do in public. It informs us all as to what you are about.
You're misunderstanding why people discredit Beck. It's not about his background.

Beck is a proven bigot - asking a Muslim to prove to him that he's not a terrorist.

Beck has been proven to lie time and time and time again. Look it up for yourself.

Beck creates propaganda - like images of Hitler's army marching in the background while he cries in front.

Beck has absolutely no credibility for analytical thinkers and simply preys on emotional populism. It gets ratings, no doubt about that, but is pretty much at the bottom of intelligent political discourse.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
What's funny is that you assume I don't see what the left is doing to challenge freedom. But, we're not talking about the left here.

So, feel free to join some of these secessionist rallies in your state. Just be sure to turn back your federal handouts and the military protection engendered therein, give us back the American flag, continue to deny that the conservatives took extraordinary measures to shred the Constitution and bankrupt us unnecessarily over the past 8 years, and go celebrate your freedom.

In the meantime, the rest of us will accept the basic tenants of Democratic ideology as a part of continued tension that has kept our nation dynamic for over two hundred years.
Please note, Bluefly has attaked me as a secessionist because of where I live (texas) NOT because of anything I have said in defense of the concept or because I have suggested it is a viable option.

More typical ridicule from the left. DONT deal in fact. DEAL in personalities.

You say you see the attacks on freedom from the left, but you take pot shots at a guy who is spending his time talking about attacks on freedom.

Let me say I just dont believe you.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
you might not have said college. someone here did...or at the very least pointed out he didnt go to college.

and the attack on GWB was that while he did go to the right college he got bad grades thus he is an idiot too...

typical of your ilk.

once again we argue over Becks "intelect" and the fact he doesnt have a degree in Political science because you have no desire to deal with content.
I'm not sure who my "ilk" is, for I am not a liberal nor a conservative. However, the attack on GWB had nothing to do with his grades (I have no idea what his grades were).

Aside from his inability to communicate verbally (something that seems like it would be a prerequisite for a position of that nature were one of us submitting a resume), the attacks against Bush had everything to do with how he couldn't process complex scenarios and therefore had to reduce complexities down to over-simplified solutions that risked the foundations of our nation ("you're either with us or against us", "good versus evil", and all that crap).

Beck has a similiar credibility problem regarding how he processes concepts and conveys them. I listen to intelligent political commentators such as David Georgen or Alex Castillanos and Beck can't hold a candle.

"Only Sith deal in absolutes".

Old 09-01-2009, 10:21 AM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,880 times
Quote:
You're misunderstanding why people discredit Beck. It's not about his background.

Beck is a proven bigot - asking a Muslim to prove to him that he's not a terrorist.

Beck has been proven to lie time and time and time again. Look it up for yourself.

Beck creates propaganda - like images of Hitler's army marching in the background while he cries in front.

Beck has absolutely no credibility for analytical thinkers and simply preys on emotional populism. It gets ratings, no doubt about that, but is pretty much at the bottom of intelligent political discourse.
keep the blinders on. That's what the big "O" wants you to do. It's what ALL dictators want you to do.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 09-01-2009 at 01:53 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I won't go far enough to attack his intellect. He's a clever idiot, an opportunist making money off simpletons flocking to him, and at any cost.

It is his clientele I'm more worried about.

and now for the other side. Beck is an idiot. Beck didnt go to college and get a degree in "political stuff" but he is a smart idiot....

the REAL idiots are the ones listening to him.

Dont talk about the actual facts presented..... like video of Obama appointees giving speeches in support of Hugo Chavez....

NOOOOOOOOO

just say "if you listen to Beck you must be dumb"

You guys are wearing out the Democrat playbook today!

Thanks, I could say what you do but who would believe it? you guys are PROVING my POINT! LOL!

Thanks!

Old 09-01-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Please note, Bluefly has attaked me as a secessionist because of where I live (texas) NOT because of anything I have said in defense of the concept or because I have suggested it is a viable option.

More typical ridicule from the left. DONT deal in fact. DEAL in personalities.

You say you see the attacks on freedom from the left, but you take pot shots at a guy who is spending his time talking about attacks on freedom.

Let me say I just dont believe you.
Please note (who are we talking to here?) that Bluefly never "attacked" anyone as a secessionist. Simple reading comprehension would reveal that Bluefly was offering the secessionist rallies as an outlet for your rage that are locally accessible to you and align with the worldview presented in your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies