Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Obama's Green Czar, Van Jones, Be Fired?
Yes - he should be fired 72 79.12%
No - he should not be fired 19 20.88%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 01:14 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I was listening to this idiot today and he is willing to say anything to discredit Van Jones. Some of the things he has talked about today are just absurd. Trying to link Van Jones to just about anything negative he can come up with. Loser!
Do you have one with Beck that you would listen to someone you think is an idiot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 01:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
The "Jail" Van Jones refers to in the quote Glenn Beck distorted, was the holding cell after the protests that he was released from after a few hours.
But you just quoted the whitewash from Huffington Post. I think that I would prefer to see some more proof like from Daily Kos. Can you come up with something like that?

Old 09-03-2009, 01:18 PM

Default Netoli and other lefties

Have you bothered to watch that keynote speech I posted in the opening post? You should and 20 minutes won't pain you any more than it did me. It is so full of racial crap that everybody should get to hear it.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:23 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Well, prove it then. Because what you are saying is that corporations/factories drive their toxic garbage into minority neighborhoods, right?

Well, bs. No factory is importing its toxic waste into the hood. What is a more likely scenario is that neighborhoods that spring up around factories house the workers of said factories. Typically rich people do not work at factories - poor people do. Thus, poor people live in areas that may or may not have toxicity.

That would be an accurate description - not white people are sneaking into minority neighborhoods in the dark of night in order to spike the soil with lead. Seriously, pull your head out.
I wish that it wasn't so easy to find examples, but, here you go:

"The Record found that Ford repeatedly dumped in poor communities and failed to clean up its mess"
NorthJersey.com: Making a wasteland: Ford, the feds, the mob

" Environmental racism can be defined as the intentional siting of hazardous waste sites, landfills, incinerators, and polluting industries in communities inhabited mainly by African-American, Hispanics, Native Americans, Asians, migrant farm workers, and the working poor. Minorities are particularly vulnerable because they are perceived as weak and passive citizens who will not fight back against the poisoning of their neighborhoods in fear that it may jeopardize jobs and economic survival."
Fighting Enviromental Racism: A Selected Annotated Bibliography

What A Dump!

Old 09-03-2009, 01:31 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But you just quoted the whitewash from Huffington Post. I think that I would prefer to see some more proof like from Daily Kos. Can you come up with something like that?
Sorry, you're wrong. I should have included the link, that's not from the HuffPo, it was directly from the paper he gave the interview to, the East Bay Express. It's not whitewash, it's the direct quote.

East Bay Express | News | The New Face of Environmentalism

Old 09-03-2009, 01:40 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,014 times
He joined the "9/11 Truthers" movement too! This guy is another Obama looney!

Old 09-03-2009, 01:41 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,014 times
He also joined a "9/11 Truthers" movement! (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/03/green-jobs-advisers-past-stir-trouble-white-house-critical-time/ - broken link) He's another Obama looney!

Old 09-03-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Is anyone questioning Obama as to why he has a Communist in the white house?
Glenn Beck is doing that but Democrats refuse to watch him so they don't know what he is doing. Of course, the White House is watching his every move but they aren't answering any of his questions, especially this kind.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:47 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
OK, from I've read (and sorry, don't have the time to make it through all thirteen pages) is that Ford first littered it's own compound, then hired out the removal of paint 'sludge' to independent contractors who convinced farmers to bury it as well as having the mob dumping it wherever and whenever it could.

Horrible ecological practices? You bet. The deliberate poisoning of minorities? No way in hell.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:02 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How soon before we find Jones under the bus?
NOT soon enough, I'm afraid. The pollutant is already in the water, gonna be very, very hard to clean up the stink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies