Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Obama's Green Czar, Van Jones, Be Fired?
Yes - he should be fired 72 79.12%
No - he should not be fired 19 20.88%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 11:10 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,212,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yeah and the birthers want the same thing too I suppose.
Did the birthers organize their questions this intelligently in a single request, send them along through the channels most likely to get them addressed, and get on with their lives?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 11:11 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,686,598 times
He is not a convinced felon.

He was arrested at a protest with hundreds of other people and released.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
Can someone clarify what "Power Shift" refers to? Power shifting from who to who?
To green energy.

Power Shift 2009

Old 09-03-2009, 11:19 AM

200 posts, read 131,783 times
What happened on 9/11 was a lie. I am glad at least someone at the top believes that as well.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:23 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,327,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
He is not a convinced felon.

He was arrested at a protest with hundreds of other people and released.
Your story about old Van remains the same and yet he is known to have said that he went to prison a radical activist and came out a communist. It seems to me that according to him there were more than 3 months, at least, in that period. I don't think anyone is held that long in this country for such tiny "crimes".

Old 09-03-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Your story about old Van remains the same and yet he is known to have said that he went to prison a radical activist and came out a communist. It seems to me that according to him there were more than 3 months, at least, in that period. I don't think anyone is held that long in this country for such tiny "crimes".
"known to have said"

Got a direct quote? From what I've found, he is speaking about the 8 hours in a cell he spent with other activists after that arrest.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:30 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,327,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
Can someone clarify what "Power Shift" refers to? Power shifting from who to who?
I think that Newtoli may be right that it was primarily about the shift to "green". However, in listening to Jones' speech it sounds like so much more was involved, at least to him. He wants the justice of returning the wealth taken away from the Indians returned to them. He wants all those 12,000 young people to get involved in so many types of green energy and promises them jobs because of Green. He brings out too many minorities in that speech and what they have to do to "get even" with the evil whites.

No, there was much more involved in the mind of Jones than a shift to Green. Also, why the whole title, Power Shift? He was saying that the power of government has shifted to something those young people had to be part of, also.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:32 AM

487 posts, read 637,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
To green energy.

Power Shift 2009

Maybe so, but I suspect the phrase has a double meaning, its too obvious to be coincidence.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:36 AM

The "Jail" Van Jones refers to in the quote Glenn Beck distorted, was the holding cell after the protests that he was released from after a few hours.

Quote:
When the verdicts came down -- not guilty for three of the officers involved, and deadlocked on the fourth -- Paterson's office, like the city, reacted with disbelief. Paterson said she felt like picking up her office chair and hurling it out the window. The staff hit the streets to monitor the demonstrations that erupted in San Francisco. One week later, while Jones was observing the first large rally since the lifting of the city's state of emergency, he got swept up in mass arrests. It was a turning point in his life.

Jones had planned to move to Washington, DC, and had already landed a job and an apartment there. But in jail, he said, "I met all these young radical people of color -- I mean really radical, communists and anarchists. And it was, like, 'This is what I need to be a part of.'" Although he already had a plane ticket, he decided to stay in San Francisco. "I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary." In the months that followed, he let go of any lingering thoughts that he might fit in with the status quo. "I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th," he said. "By August, I was a communist."

Old 09-03-2009, 11:38 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,782,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Did the birthers organize their questions this intelligently in a single request, send them along through the channels most likely to get them addressed, and get on with their lives?

Ah so your gripe with the birthers is form not substance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies