Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When Should A Stranger Discipline Children?
When The Child Is Less Than 3 And Just Crying Loud? 2 1.71%
When The Child Is Over 5 And Making A Disturbance? 2 1.71%
When The Adult With The Child Obviously Has No Control? 4 3.42%
When The Child Presents A Danger To Himself Or Others? 37 31.62%
When The Child Is Not With An Adult And Acting Illegally 15 12.82%
Never Under Any Circumstances 71 60.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 04:16 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,847,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Gotta love all these internet toughguys

I am sure that is how you would act if it really did happen

I don't think it is ok to slap another persons child by the way. I do feel that there are too many irresponsible parents that lose control of their kids though and have no idea how we could reverse this trend
I'm not a guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 04:22 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,587,086 times
is this a serious question? Who in there right mind would slap another person's kid for misbehaving in public? You have to ponder who is the adult in the situation in this matter! And sorry but just because your parents whipped you as a kid doesn't make it right! Your only teaching how to deal with problems by being violent.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:22 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,132,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You're joking I hope. You are putting this on the same level as someone MURDERING another human being?????

That's just NUTS
When a child is struck the amount of times the man in Walmart struck a stranger's 2 year old baby it is possible that the baby "can" become brain damaged....

I do believe "no one" has any right to strike a child. I do place women abusers and child abusers in the same category as murderers. They have no right in society unless we believe they do and I surely do not..

Last edited by Synergy1; 09-02-2009 at 04:31 PM..

Old 09-02-2009, 04:25 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,350,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
When a child is struck the amount of times the man in Walmart struck a stranger's 2 year old baby it is possible that the baby "can" become brain damaged....

I do believe "no one" has any right to strike a child. I do place women and child abusers in the same category as murderers. They have no right in society unless we believe they do and I surely do not..
It's those women you got to look out for!

Old 09-02-2009, 04:26 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,550,665 times
LOL, sometimes the parent needs to be slapped. I saw a guy at the zoo last week and he said---why the F do we have to meet up with the family everytime we come to the zoo? G D!!! LOL, he looked like one of the animals but he wasn't behind any bars. He had little kids with him and we wonder where the kids get it.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
is this a serious question? Who in there right mind would slap another person's kid for misbehaving in public? You have to ponder who is the adult in the situation in this matter! And sorry but just because your parents whipped you as a kid doesn't make it right! Your only teaching how to deal with problems by being violent.
Exactly. And the poll itself is just weird....I mean really, if you see a kid swiping something in the store, isn't the appropriate way to handle it be to tell the manager or an employee rather than slapping the kid? Maybe the OP is just trying to justify the fact that he beat his own kids.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:38 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,107,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
And at least 3 people in this thread have said they would deal with someone slapping their child with viloence.

Such great role models

Just press charges and show your child how to be mature

Old 09-02-2009, 04:52 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,539,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yes; I can read just fine.

then re-read my postS

Old 09-02-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
And at least 3 people in this thread have said they would deal with someone slapping their child with viloence.

Such great role models

Just press charges and show your child how to be mature
Since you quoted me in a prior post, I'm guessing you're counting me among the three who said they would utilize violence I the event of someone slapping their child. Actually, I said no such thing but...

I think that responding to an attacker with violence would be hard wired parental instinct, but I'm not going to flatter myself that I could beat the crap out of anyone. I'd find ways though to make the person regret ever crossing my path. In a small community like this it wouldn't be difficult.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
then re-read my postS
Actually, I hadn't seen your post on the first page of this mess of thread. You second post makes more sense after reading it.

Though I do agree that some people don't discipline their children, the subject matter here is slapping. There are better ways of discipline than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies