Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 07:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,228,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Here we go again. Instead of stating you were mistaken, you change up your wording..typical. I NEVER said NON-CITIZENS, the Judge NEVER said NON CITIZENS, the subject was ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. Get it together and stop....Nope i'm not gonna do it, i've already been accused of ATTACKING YOU PERSONALLY never mind the fact it was true.
NO WHERE does the Social Security administration seperate immigrants by legal or illegal. The only concern for them in determining of an alien can collect SSI is if they are qualified, or non qualified.

Heck, an illegal alien can come here and be subject to.. let me quote the SS website so you dont accuse me of being "wrong" again...

In addition, you can be a “deemed qualified alien” if, under certain circumstances, you, your child or parent has been subjected to battery or extreme cruelty by a family member while in the United States.

REGARDLESS OF THEIR LEGAL STATUS.

Tell me where the Social Security website says illegals are not qualified..http://www.socialsecurity.gov/ssi/sp...n-citizens.htm
Fact is they dont, they ONLY determine qualified or not qualified, legal or illegal is NEVER discussed..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 07:42 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,550,230 times
Quote:
Goodness gracious, did you not read this? You are SO wrong that its pitiful. The onlything you've shown me is that your too busy in reactive mode and trying to be so smart, you forget to read and comprehend. ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS CAN NOT obtain SSI.

" On September 30, 2008, the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Extension for Elderly and Disabled Refugees Act was signed into law (P.L. 110-328). This law provides for up to two years of additional benefits for certain SSI recipients who had their benefits terminated due to the seven-year time limit.
The seven-year SSI eligibility period for refugees, asylees, and certain other humanitarian immigrants (including victims of human trafficking) is extended up to two years, or three years for certain individuals during the period October 1, 2008 through September 30, 2011. To qualify, otherwise eligible noncitizens are required to sign a declaration indicating that they have made a good faith effort to pursue U.S. citizenship unless they are under age 18 or have an application for naturalization that is pending or has been approved.
If all SSI eligibility requirements are met, the two-year extension may apply retroactively to noncitizens whose SSI previously ceased due to the expiration of the seven-year period, but not earlier than October 1, 2008 even if all eligibility factors are met before that date.

Which Noncitizens Are Eligible?
  • Noncitizens who have been lawful permanent residents for less than six consecutive years, as verified by the Department of Homeland Security;
  • Noncitizens who have applied to become lawful permanent residents within four years from the date they began to receive SSI, as verified by the Department of Homeland Security;
  • Cuban and Haitian entrants, as defined in section 501(e) of the Refugee Education Assistance Act of 1980;
  • Noncitizens who have had their deportation withheld by the Secretary of Homeland Security under section 243(h) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (as in effect on December 31, 1996) or whose removal is withheld under section 241(b)(3) of such Act; and
  • Noncitizens who are younger than age 18, or age 70 or older.
The law also exempts from the time-limited SSI eligibility period (during the three-year window of October 1, 2008 through September 30, 2011) certain noncitizens if they have naturalization applications pending or if they are awaiting the citizenship swearing-in ceremony, as verified by the Department of Homeland Security. This exemption also applies to individuals with applications pending with the U. S. Citizen and Immigration Service (USCIS) who were previously rendered ineligible due to expiration of the seven-year period.
The benefit extension is effective from October 1, 2008 to September 30, 2011. After this date, noncitizen eligibility reverts to seven years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
NO WHERE does the Social Security administration seperate immigrants by legal or illegal. The only concern for them in determining of an alien can collect SSI is if they are qualified, or non qualified.

Heck, an illegal alien can come here and be subject to.. let me quote the SS website so you dont accuse me of being "wrong" again...

In addition, you can be a “deemed qualified alien” if, under certain circumstances, you, your child or parent has been subjected to battery or extreme cruelty by a family member while in the United States.

REGARDLESS OF THEIR LEGAL STATUS.

Tell me where the Social Security website says illegals are not qualified..Understanding SSI -- SSI Spotlight on SSI Benefits for Aliens
Fact is they dont, they ONLY determine qualified or not qualified, legal or illegal is NEVER discussed..

Your going from word play to playing dense,

Ok I'll play along, first the definition of Illegal Immigrant.

[SIZE=3]illegal immigrant[/SIZE] n. an alien (non-citizen) who has entered the United States without government permission or stayed beyond the termination date of a visa. (See: alien)

Now from your VERY SAME LINK

• Noncitizens who have been lawful permanent residents for less than six consecutive years, as verified by the Department of Homeland Security;
  • Noncitizens who have applied to become lawful permanent residents within four years from the date they began to receive SSI, as verified by the Department of Homeland Security;
  • Cuban and Haitian entrants, as defined in section 501(e) of the Refugee Education Assistance Act of 1980;
  • Noncitizens who have had their deportation withheld by the Secretary of Homeland Security under section 243(h) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (as in effect on December 31, 1996) or whose removal is withheld under section 241(b)(3) of such Act; and
What part of ILLEGAL are you not grasping, the part where you were WRONG i take it.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Your going from word play to playing dense,

Ok I'll play along, first the definition of Illegal Immigrant.

[SIZE=3]illegal immigrant[/SIZE] n. an alien (non-citizen) who has entered the United States without government permission or stayed beyond the termination date of a visa. (See: alien)

Now from your VERY SAME LINK

What part of ILLEGAL are you not grasping, the part where you were WRONG i take it.
What you listed in RED is the qualify for the "Temporary Extension of Benefits", did you see the top of the page where it says what the link is for Social Security Online - Immigration

Initial benefit requirements are listed are listed here Understanding SSI -- SSI Spotlight on SSI Benefits for Aliens and illegal or legal status is not mentioned ONCE in determining qualifications. You do need to provide your status to qualify, but if your illegal, and fit into one of the 7/8 categories, you still can obtain benefits. Being denied deportation, or being the victim of battery here in america does not grant you a "legal immigrant" status, you retain an "illegal immigrant qualified" status..

If you think they are wrong, please call 1–800–772–1213 and ask them to change their policies.. I have no control over it..

Last edited by pghquest; 09-10-2009 at 07:59 PM..

Old 09-10-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
What you listed in RED is the qualify for the "Temporary Extension of Benefits", did you see the top of the page where it says what the link is for Social Security Online - Immigration

Initial benefit requirements are listed are listed here Understanding SSI -- SSI Spotlight on SSI Benefits for Aliens and illegal or legal status is not mentioned ONCE in determining qualifications. You need to prove your status and if you are an illegal, then fit into one of numerous categories, but indeed they can get benefits once they take the necessary steps.

If you think they are wrong, please call 1–800–772–1213 and ask them to change their policies.. I have no control over it..

Your still, parsing words. LAWFUL IMMIGRANTS no matter how you try to play the word game., ONLY those who are DOCUMENTED are eligible for SSI. This was on the floor for a vote, but was shut down, I provided you with the link, but you chose to ignore it and then proceeded with (i'm going to use your favorite line) Prove my point that ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS are NOT covered.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Your still, parsing words. LAWFUL IMMIGRANTS no matter how you try to play the word game., ONLY those who are DOCUMENTED are eligible for SSI. This was on the floor for a vote, but was shut down, I provided you with the link, but you chose to ignore it and then proceeded with (i'm going to use your favorite line) Prove my point that ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS are NOT covered.
Wait, so now your admitting that ONLY DOCUMENTED are eligible for SSI? Great, we are making progress, now do you understand that illegal aliens can be documented aliens?

I've provided you with links DIRECTLY to Social Security which tells you how illegal aliens can indeed obtain benefits, you are the one who chooses to ignore it. If you think its a "word game", please tell them to stop playing it.. After all, its THEIR website..

Old 09-10-2009, 08:19 PM

11,762 posts, read 14,690,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Wasn't there a thread on this a few weeks ago and the OP was laughed at? Someone find it.
Yes, it just came up in another thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t-contact.html

Here's what I was able to find out about this bogus story:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter
I called and emailed my two Senators and one Rep about the Chinese flag to be flown over the White House on September 20. I do totally and vehemently disagree with this act, and I don't really give a tinker's damn what others think. This is MY country, too!

You might be interested to know that even Fox News* is reporting that this story is bogus. You might consider getting your news from a source other than World Nut Daily.

By the way, Fox also reports that "the Chinese flag has flown on White House grounds before, in April of 2006, when President Hu Jintao visited then President George W. Bush."

White House Debunks Reports It Will Fly China's Flag on South Lawn - Political News - FOXNews.com

*Any news content purely accidental.
[+] Rate this post positively

Old 09-10-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Wait, so now your admitting that ONLY DOCUMENTED are eligible for SSI? Great, we are making progress, now do you understand that illegal aliens can indeed be documented aliens?

I've provided you with links DIRECTLY to Social Security which tells you how illegal aliens can indeed obtain benefits, you are the one who chooses to ignore it. If you think its a "word game", please tell them to stop playing it.. After all, its THEIR website..

Damn you are hopeless. I NEVER STATED THAT Document IMMIGRANTS ie LEGAL IMMIGRANTS WERE NOT ELIGIBLE for SSI. What is wrong with you. The topic of discussion, YOUR CLAIM, was Illegal immigrants can obtain SSI and according to YOUR link, according to SSI site, THEY CAN NOT, their are REQUIREMENTS they MUST MEET. If they ARE NOT DEEMED LEGAL or DO NOT FALL Withing those REQUIREMENTS they will not receive SSI. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend, why must you ALWAYS play the bait and switch, twist word game instead of admitting you were WRONG? Reading comprehension and not Subliminal messages.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:30 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,074,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What's wrong, we buy their products they buy our debt! (Yes, I am being facetious).

I would be the first to see a serious change in our "reciprocal" relationship, but restarting the Cold War isn't what I had in mind. So I point out the fact that China is a bona fide power and regardless of any other issues is a recognized partner of the U.S. (and competitor) on a plethora of issues from trade to foreign policy. To not properly recognize China's anniversary by hoisting their flag on the South Lawn (not the White House) would be childish, insulting and counter productive.

Just say'in.
(who started that saying, it's stupid but fun)
I don't have any problem with the flag, I just see our partnership as slightly lopsided.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
YOUR CLAIM, was Illegal immigrants can obtain SSI and according to YOUR link, according to SSI site, THEY CAN NOT, their are REQUIREMENTS they MUST MEET. If they ARE NOT DEEMED LEGAL or DO NOT FALL Withing those REQUIREMENTS they will not receive SSI.
What you put in black is true because of the "does not fall within the requirement", but what about a documented illegal alien that does fall within the requirements? Where on the SS website does it say LEGAL is a requirement?

It CLEARLY says you must be QUALIFIED, it does not say you must be LEGAL. Part of the requirement is that you must indeed be DOCUMENTED, but it never says legal, and they are not the same.

There are several classes of illegal aliens but in general they are as follows
1) illegal undocumented alien worker can not receive SSI
2) illegal documented alien worker can receive SSI if they meet the requirements
3) legal alien worker can receive SSI if they meet the requirements

Do you even know that status #2 above existed? Its almost like you think that when one becomes documented, they are granted a legal status, which simply is not true.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
What you put in black is true, but.. what if..

an alien is deemed illegal AND fall within the requirements? Where on the SS website does it say being LEGAL is a requirement?

It CLEARLY says you must be QUALIFIED, it does not say you must be LEGAL. Part of the requirement is that you must indeed be DOCUMENTED, but it never says legal, and they are not the same.

There are several classes of illegal aliens but in general they are as follows
1) illegal undocumented alien worker can not receive SSI
2) illegal documented alien worker can receive SSI if they meet the requirements
3) legal alien worker can receive SSI if they meet the requirements

Do you even know that status #2 above existed? Its almost like you think that when one becomes documented, they are granted a legal status, which simply is not true.

Documented Immigrants are in this country legally, does not mean their a Citizen, but they are here legally, what part of that are you not understanding. These are the folks that went down to the immigration office and filled out the paperwork.
Those who chose not either apply or renew are NOT documented and are not Legal. You can NOT be illegal and granted SSI unless your using someone else's information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies