Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 12:56 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,194,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Are you sure he is a racist, or does he just not like Liberal black folk? and if so does that still make him a racist?
Obviously it's racist, are you joking? I have no idea how racist he himself is, but as I asked in the OP, "[By this sort of thing] [i]s he giving you what you want?" Judging from the replies here the answer is a great big fat Yes.

I took offense to the dialect written in the transcript. I was just wondering if you really did like it or if you just didnt know it was there. Even if you hadnt known it was there before now, you all defend it and seem to like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 01:02 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,460,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I really have to wonder about you Limbaugh fans. You insist he's not a racist, many of you insist you're not racists, but what do you make of this? I thought he was more sly than this usually.

In trying to make fun of
a speech by Obama to the NAACP, this sentence
That's not a reason to give up on your education and drop out of school.
is transcribed as
That's not a reason to give up on y'education and drop out of school.
"Latinos" is transcribed as "La-ti-nos".

Not racist, but - in the speech Obama says "our gay brothers and sisters"; this is transcribed as "our gay dead brothers and sisters".

Obama Stokes Racism at NAALCP

Oh, "NAALCP" - also.

Is this all right with you? Is he giving you what you want?
Nothing surprises me about this man, I always know I need to avoid someone like the plague when I hear that they like Rush.

I always get a little chuckle that he has no lead in his pencil which is probably why he is on the air spreading his vitriolic BS.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:06 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,836,444 times
Quote:
Obviously it's racist, are you joking? I have no idea how racist he himself is, but as I asked in the OP, "[By this sort of thing] [i]s he giving you what you want?" Judging from the replies here the answer is a great big fat Yes.

I took offense to the dialect written in the transcript. I was just wondering if you really did like it or if you just didnt know it was there. You all not only dont seem to mind, you defend it.
So you are not calling Limbaugh a racist? When you say "you all" do you mean every one or just a specific few, cause you obviously listen to Rush much more than I. I didnt know about didnt mind it and didnt defend it! Now hows about that naaclp, what exactly is it about that, that you find offensive?

Old 09-04-2009, 01:07 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,714,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I call BS on that immediately...I voted for Mr Obama...I'm as black as the day is long...but I've said this elsewhere on CD and I'll say it again, for your benefit---voting for and supporting someone does NOT preclude you having the right to 'rip him a new one' if he's wrong about something, or if you have questions...

I think it's downright damned dumb to label someone a racist if they don't agree with the President...as we've all seen recently, there are a LOT of folks who disagree with him, both supporters AND non-supporters, and to call them racists for not agreeing sinks to new depths of stupidity...I certainly don't think that, and I will NOT try to stop someone else from speaking their minds...just wish that the 'R' word wouldn't get bounced back and forth so much
I'm glad to hear there are blacks who don't resort to the "racist" name calling. I actually think it's mostly white liberals who do, though. I never associated that accusation as coming from blacks. I agree with you about bouncing that 'R' word back and forth. It's beginning to lose its effectivenss.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
So you are not calling Limbaugh a racist? When you say "you all" do you mean every one or just a specific few, cause you obviously listen to Rush much more than I. I didnt know about didnt mind it and didnt defend it! Now hows about that naaclp, what exactly is it about that, that you find offensive?
I dont know how racist he himself is, but I know he's an entertainer, get it? I dont know how much is pure, natural Rush and how much is giving Mr Snerdley what he wants to hear/read.

No, I havent listened to him in years; this is a transcript at his website, a transcript, a transcript, good God.

NAALCP, not all members of the NAACP are L.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:14 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,836,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I call BS on that immediately...I voted for Mr Obama...I'm as black as the day is long...but I've said this elsewhere on CD and I'll say it again, for your benefit---voting for and supporting someone does NOT preclude you having the right to 'rip him a new one' if he's wrong about something, or if you have questions...

I think it's downright damned dumb to label someone a racist if they don't agree with the President...as we've all seen recently, there are a LOT of folks who disagree with him, both supporters AND non-supporters, and to call them racists for not agreeing sinks to new depths of stupidity...I certainly don't think that, and I will NOT try to stop someone else from speaking their minds...just wish that the 'R' word wouldn't get bounced back and forth so much
HATE & RACIST The first two words to come out of many of the knee jerk lefts mouths, toward anyone who disagrees with their politics!

Old 09-04-2009, 01:14 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,714,059 times
I happened to catch Rush's show today while driving around and although Rush is on vacation, I listened for a bit. Dr. Thomas Sowell was a guest, with some very interesting insights and comments.
I respect the man, and would love for someone like him to be our President. I suppose those of you who hate Rush didn't get to hear this segment. I'm sorry for you. You missed an eye-opening opportunity. However, perhaps it's just as well. I'd be deeply disappointed if libs came in here calling Dr. Sowell a 'racist'.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I happened to catch Rush's show today while driving around and although Rush is on vacation, I listened for a bit. Dr. Thomas Sowell was a guest, with some very interesting insights and comments.
I respect the man, and would love for someone like him to be our President. I suppose those of you who hate Rush didn't get to hear this segment. I'm sorry for you. You missed an eye-opening opportunity. However, perhaps it's just as well. I'd be deeply disappointed if libs came in here calling Dr. Sowell a 'racist'.
I wonder if the transcript for the Sowell show will feature dialect.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:16 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,238,119 times
Quote:
I really have to wonder about you Limbaugh fans. You insist he's not a racist, many of you insist you're not racists, but what do you make of this? I thought he was more sly than this usually.

In trying to make fun of
a speech by Obama to the NAACP, this sentence
That's not a reason to give up on your education and drop out of school.
is transcribed as
That's not a reason to give up on y'education and drop out of school.
"Latinos" is transcribed as "La-ti-nos".

Not racist, but - in the speech Obama says "our gay brothers and sisters"; this is transcribed as "our gay dead brothers and sisters".

Obama Stokes Racism at NAALCP

Oh, "NAALCP" - also.

Is this all right with you? Is he giving you what you want?
Wonder???!!! you've got to be joking. Most of us democrats already knew limpbag was a redneck, from way back when. We've always known that he disliked anyone who wasn't white like him! Pinch yourself please.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:17 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,219,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Do you all realize you all are hurting race relations more then helping? I am so sick of this it means nothing anymore

For the record I dont listen to Rush. I dont really care what Rush says. He has a right to say it and you have a right to not listen to him.

I am just here because I am sick of this racist junk if someone says something in a manner some doesnt like or approve they are a racist. ENOUGh really you all arent helping you are turning people into racist
Perhaps you would do well to read up a bit on the history of racism. Let's see. You live in South Florida. West Palm Beach is the physical location of the web site stormfront. Those people are clearly white racists, and for a long time the dominated posting on the Miami Herald.

You say we "are turning people into racists".......no way. Racists have been alive and well in this country for a long time. How do you think David Duke managed to win an election? Donald Black, the creator, owner, and operator of stormfront.org is David Duke's longtime friend and right-hand man. Take a look around you. Who are your neighbors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies