Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 01:19 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,820,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I dont know how racist he himself is, but I know he's an entertainer, get it? I dont know how much is pure, natural Rush and how much is giving Mr Snerdley what he wants to hear/read.

No, I havent listened to him in years; this is a transcript at his website, a transcript, a transcript, good God.

NAALCP, not all members of the NAACP are L.
Me thinks someone is just looking to be offended! Why would you go to Limbaughs web site if you cant stand him, just looking for some entertainment? Isnt mr snerdly Black? Please tell me one member of the naacp that is not liberal, hows about 1 cause or issue they support that is not liberal, just 1?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 01:28 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
liberals' definition of what constitutes 'racism' get more shrilly hilarious with each passing day.

a couple days ago i was informed on this board that failing to show what one poster deemed a sufficient level of respect toward a president was 'racism.'

now, simply generalizing that the extremely liberal NAACP is...well...actually LIBERAL! ... is fine fodder for shrieks of 'racist!!!'

same goes for making fun of someone's overpronunciation of the word hispanic, or daring to note that obama tends to run certain words together when addressing a black audience.

pretty soon the list of things one can do that aren't considered racist by liberals will be shorter than the list of things that are. this may already be the case.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I happened to catch Rush's show today while driving around and although Rush is on vacation, I listened for a bit. Dr. Thomas Sowell was a guest, with some very interesting insights and comments.
I respect the man, and would love for someone like him to be our President. I suppose those of you who hate Rush didn't get to hear this segment. I'm sorry for you. You missed an eye-opening opportunity. However, perhaps it's just as well. I'd be deeply disappointed if libs came in here calling Dr. Sowell a 'racist'.
Dr Sowell, Walter Williams, Clarence Thomas, I believe Limbaugh thinks very highly of these men, one might even say fondly, Perhaps these men arent really black, or black enough or just dont act black, must be something............... Or.............could it be, they are black, but not liberals? would they still be able to be black? Would Limbaugh still be a racist?

Old 09-04-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
I posted why I went there.

"1 cause or issue they support that is not liberal" -- How about 3? I know you think that putting an end to police brutality is only something liberals are interested in, so --

NAACP - Education (http://www.naacp.org/advocacy/education/index.htm - broken link)

NAACP - Criminal Justice (http://www.naacp.org/advocacy/justice/index.htm - broken link) (you wont like this one)

NAACP Proudly Announces 30th Anniversary <title>NAACP Files Landmark Lawsuit Today Against Wells Fargo and HSBC

I dont know if I know anyone who belongs to the NAACP; however, it has 425,000 members accdg to wikipedia.
3 strikes your out!! This will be easy for you how many republicans are there in the naacp?

Old 09-04-2009, 02:04 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times
Thumbs down Racism? Where?

So, where's the racism? That's how Obama speaks? It isn't racism no matter how you look at it.

BTW, NAALCP stands for the National Association of Liberal Colored people, which more closely describes that organization. That organization is by no means representative of the views of all blacks.

Here's what I give this silly thread:

Old 09-04-2009, 02:05 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
3 strikes your out!! This will be easy for you how many republicans are there in the naacp?
How should I know?

what do you mean, 3 strikes? you asked for one example. As I said I realize you all are afraid of anything to do with racial equality and call it "liberal" to discount it.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:11 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times
Rush is a "racist" (so you say), and Obama is not? Amazing. Obama is a racist to the core of his being, and how could anyone deny that after hearing what he has been listening to for 20 years (Rev. Wright), whom he must have agreed with. Else, why would he stay there that long.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
-- out of 425,000 members there are plenty of conservative people.
conservative?? just one name....................

Old 09-04-2009, 02:12 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,955 times
Quote:
Obviously it's racist, are you joking? I have no idea how racist he himself is, but as I asked in the OP, "[By this sort of thing] [i]s he giving you what you want?" Judging from the replies here the answer is a great big fat Yes.

I took offense to the dialect written in the transcript. I was just wondering if you really did like it or if you just didnt know it was there. Even if you hadnt known it was there before now, you all defend it and seem to like it.
I still don't get it. Are you saying that is the way black people talk? I work with a lot of black people and none of them talk that way. My doctor is black and he doesn't talk that way. Are you black? Do you talk that way? I just don't get it. Sorry.

- Reel

Old 09-04-2009, 02:19 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,005 times
Thumbs down NAACP and So On

Just another of many ethnic racial polarizing organizations which breed fear and hate to make money for the few. Bringing all people together in harmony would put the NAACP and all these hateful organizations out of business.

Sad to say, but the Faux American Christian Leader is a racist himself and truly hates the faith he portrayed to embrace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies