Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 12:22 PM

279 posts, read 415,743 times

Advertisements

War is what it is: Kill people and blow up stuff.War has always been hell and will continue to be hell until the human race entirely disappears off the face of the earth.

In WW2 the Germans held up in all kinds of buildings(churches,schools etc.) but we still blew them up,if we had not we probably would have been speaking German or Japanese by now.The casualties of war were tremendous back then but not so now. There will always be civilian casualties in war. Soldiers can not take a chance with anyone while fighting a war, they could be the enemy, even children. It is sad but true,but then that is why war is considered as hell. But you can not maintain your freedoms & liberties without fighting for them and we may have to face that again in our own country someday. Then we will find out if we are willing to stand up and fight for liberty & freedom as well.

GOD BLESS TEXAS & THE MILITARY
ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES AND LET THE BATTLE BEGIN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 12:55 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
'It's utter chaos over there' because we are bombing willy nilly and racking up corpses. Who wants us there - not the Afgans. Who then - people like you? Is that a good enough reason to be there? I don't think so.
You didn't answer my question, but whatever. You think I want us to be there? You are deluded. But, we ARE there, and I'm backing our people on the ground. Bombing willy nilly and racking up corpses? Wow, you make our soldiers sound like murdering thugs. I can see there is absolutly no point in even trying to talk with you. You have made up your mind to spit on our troops and blame the war on the soldiers sent to fight it. I've seen this before, and it sickens me as much now as it did then. I bid you goodbye.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:04 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times
As pointed out earlier more of our guys are getting killed. If it means saving even one of their lives go right ahead and search the hospital. Some will say well why don't we just leave. Okay so we wasted our time, those that died died for nothing and the Taliban will be right back where they were pre 9/11. Pretty moronic plan if you ask me.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:13 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
As pointed out earlier more of our guys are getting killed. If it means saving even one of their lives go right ahead and search the hospital. Some will say well why don't we just leave. Okay so we wasted our time, those that died died for nothing and the Taliban will be right back where they were pre 9/11. Pretty moronic plan if you ask me.
How long do we stay, wasting our time, letting our guys die for nothing before we finally leave and let the Taliban right back where they were?

Old 09-09-2009, 03:19 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Have you noticed how many of our troops have been killed. This has nothing to do with Obama unless he started the war. All is fair in love and war and you should be supporting our imperfect troops or go over there yourself and see what it is like.

I am the wife of a Viet Nam vet and the sister and sister-in-law of three others who served in Viet Nam. You don't really know what is happening and you certainly cannot tell by news reports. I stopped trusting the news when I learned how much of the news is made up. I know a lot of things that happened over there in the past but I am not going to air our military linen for our enemies to use against them. Support our troops!

If the people in that country do not want us there, maybe they should stop harboring criminals and terrorist. And while we are on the subject of terrorist, has anyone wondered about so many fires happening in the world that seem to have been set. Sounds like possible terrorists to me.
Actually Obama promised to end this war. It has much to do with him as it with Bush. As V.N did with Nixon. Johnson started the V.N war and Nixon took most of the blame for the horrible way it was run.
I agree we need to support our troops. Look at the crap they have to return home to.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:33 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
How long do we stay, wasting our time, letting our guys die for nothing before we finally leave and let the Taliban right back where they were?
Theres the catch. What, exactly is our 'mission'? What is the objective? What ARE our guys fighting for? They are doing an exemplary job, and doing their duty above and beyond, but, what is the end game? Installing a 'democracy'? Beating the Taliban? By beating, I mean once and for all, not keeping them at bay. A war is not 'won' by calling a stalemate, like we did in Korea. If we are going to send our guys to fight, we owe it to them to let them WIN that fight. Thats why I have stated, repeatedly, that I think we should have hit Al Queda in Afghanistan, and any Taliban forces that stood in our way, left a smoking ruin in our wake, and brought the guys home. A protracted presence in the region does not accomplish anything but create a drain on our resources. Once again we have allowed ourselves to be drawn into a conflict on the enemies terms and turf. When will the US government learn? . Beef up our intelligence gathering, find these terrorists where they live and keep hitting them, on OUR terms , not theirs. This firebase mentallity did not work in Viet Nam, it won't work in Afghanistan. We need to make the enemy fight on our terms. Perhaps the clowns that come up with our strategies should read Tsun Tsu a little closer than the cover of the book.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:33 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
My son in law is home from Afghanastan this week for some R&R before returning. He has told me so many things but one thing he has said a couple of times that really sticks in my mind is that the young people there WANT to like us and are the only hope for the country. BUT he said, we are instead creating the terrorist that will be coming for us in another 10 years if we don't change the way we are doing things.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:32 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
My son in law is home from Afghanastan this week for some R&R before returning. He has told me so many things but one thing he has said a couple of times that really sticks in my mind is that the young people there WANT to like us and are the only hope for the country. BUT he said, we are instead creating the terrorist that will be coming for us in another 10 years if we don't change the way we are doing things.
I know a very nice woman who was working as a nurse in a hospital that was bombed by the Americans. Her face and body were severely disfigured, but she survived. She used to be attractive, now she has to get disability because no one wants to hire her. Her life has been destroyed. Sure s__t happens. But that's why you do everthing in your power to avoid war. Bush embraced it.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:28 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
The "Appointed One" promised he would end the war! Now he's sending even more troops to kill the innocent people. Obama is nothing more than a LIAR and KILLER!!! Signed: George Bush
Can't be...the liberal left will never believe he could do such things and fhe elite hollywood dbags will never abandoned their leader. Must be a lie....

Old 04-10-2013, 06:32 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Say it isn't so! Obama in the house was supposed to mean an end to war being....warlike, wasn;t it? We were going to start talking to the enemy, no more need for our troops to act like....fighting men. Collateral damage on Obamas watch? Yep, time for a 'war crimes' investigation..........Good grief!
Osama bin laden is dead and we live in a safer world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies