Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2009, 09:30 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Talk show hosts, Fox.....

Link?

BTW talk show hosts are entertainers not media. The education never stops, I may start charging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 09:36 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
It has become even more evident after watching all of the unnecessary hoopla over Obama's motivational speech to American school just how much racial bigotry is playing a role.

The fear-mongering is completely out of control and dealing with these people like trying to run in the mud.

These people must be a great embarassment to the Republican establishment. The Republicans must be watching these loonies and think that the party will never recover if the image of the Republican party are these over-the-top, hypercritical, unpatriotic nitwits.

Loons should shut up and listen: Obama not out to brainwash schoolkids
It is not bigotry, it is wanting to stay a free nation. The wording has been changed but I think there was a Freudian slip when the plan was to have the children tell how they can help Obama. Our nation is made up of more than one person and the children should be learning how to make our nation stronger, not Obama. It is of the people, by the people, and for the people, NOT of Obama, by Obama and for Obama.

I think there are a lot of us that are getting more than tired of being called names because we practice our American right to not agree with the president. I would not keep my child from listening to the president and I think children should be taught to respect the office even if they do not agree with the president, but this president is taking our country to a change we don't want and I will not hush about it.

I think it would be good if he tries to get the students to be responsible for themselves. I was listening to a show today talking about the housing bubble and one person was really angry that someone gave her a loan. She thought they should have known she could not pay the loan?? I think it is past time that people started being responsible for their own actions.

I guess I am just getting old and have a generation gap, but I would never think to blame a bank for loaning me money. I am the one that should be deciding whether that is a good idea. Every generation has a nickname. I am calling this generation the irresponsible generation.

Last edited by NCN; 09-07-2009 at 09:45 PM..

Old 09-07-2009, 09:41 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It is not bigotry, it is wanting to stay a free nation. The wording has been changed but I think there was a Freudian slip when the plan was to have the children tell how they can help Obama. Our nation is made up of more than one person and the children should be learning how to make our nation stronger, not Obama. It is of the people, by the people, and for the people, NOT of Obama, by Obama and for Obama.

As I have asked others with a similar opinion (none of which have been able to answer) How is that any different from Bush's speech to kids in 1991 when he asked kids the exact same thing?

Old 09-07-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
As I have asked others with a similar opinion (none of which have been able to answer) How is that any different from Bush's speech to kids in 1991 when he asked kids the exact same thing?

You got the answer you just don't like it. Bush was criticized.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Link?

BTW talk show hosts are entertainers not media. The education never stops, I may start charging.
I never knew radio isn't part of the media.....

YouTube - Sean Hannity & Michelle Malkin: Barack Obama's "Indoctrination" Speech to Public School Students (2nd half of the link)

can't find Beck's indoctrination clip

Old 09-07-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
You got the answer you just don't like it. Bush was criticized.
And Gephardt's comments compare to what has come from the foaming at the mouth right how exactly?? And his criticism (which I disagree with btw) nearly to the same extent obama has been. Parents didn't threaten to keep their kids home, People weren't screaming OMG he is going to indocrtinate our kids and preach Communism, and facsism, and all of this other crap that has been fluttered about

Old 09-07-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I never knew radio isn't part of the media.....

YouTube - Sean Hannity & Michelle Malkin: Barack Obama's "Indoctrination" Speech to Public School Students (2nd half of the link)

can't find Beck's indoctrination clip

Oh my goodness. You do understand the difference between opinion and news right? Opinion (like the op ed page in a newspaper) isn't news. It doesn't deal with who, what, when, where and why. It deals with, well, opinion. Now go out there and find me a link where FOX news reported anything like you claim. Go on and don't come back until you find it. Consider this your home work.

I don't think anyone would use This Week (it is an opinon show on ABC) to show their bias. Or Meet the Press (another opinion show).

Old 09-07-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Oh my goodness. You do understand the difference between opinion and news right? Opinion (like the op ed page in a newspaper) isn't news. It doesn't deal with who, what, when, where and why. It deals with, well, opinion. Now go out there and find me a link where FOX news reported anything like you claim. Go on and don't come back until you find it. Consider this your home work.

I don't think anyone would use This Week (it is an opinon show on ABC) to show their bias. Or Meet the Press (another opinion show).

You do realize Fox Presents their opinion shows as factually based news correct??

Old 09-07-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
And Gephardt's comments compare to what has come from the foaming at the mouth right how exactly?? And his criticism (which I disagree with btw) nearly to the same extent obama has been. Parents didn't threaten to keep their kids home, People weren't screaming OMG he is going to indocrtinate our kids and preach Communism, and facsism, and all of this other crap that has been fluttered about

Again so what the intensity differs. The intensity of partisanship was different then too. Lighten up. People were against it then and they are against it now. Why is it so impotant for the left to have him speak to the crumb crunchers anyway?

Old 09-07-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
You do realize Fox Presents their opinion shows as factually based news correct??

Umm no they don't. It is called the Sean hannity show, the Bill O'reilly show. Please link, show your work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies