Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 07:47 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
A plane was hijacked in Mexico today by a Christian Nutjob who thought the arbitrary date of 9-9-09 was 666 upside down and that Christ was coming. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090909/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_mexico_hijacking - broken link)

See? It's not just Arabs who are nutjob terrorists...Christians are too!

He claimed he had 3 partners in the hijacking...later it was revealed that they were "The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost".
I heard that the Father was the co-pilot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 01:35 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
BS. ** I recall in the weeks after 9/11, an interview was done at a muslim private school across the river from where the twin towers stood. These American born teens cheered the planes, they said to the reporter that they were happy jihad had made its way to the US and that the US deserved it for supporting Israel. Most of the children/teens at this religious school were born to Palestinian parents.

To say that the celebrations and celebratory mindset that occured in muslim neighborhoods, schools and countries didn't occur but where staged to what? Make Muslims look bad? To make W look good? Because we all know that the media loved George W Bush and would do anything to help his regime

**Like most people in the days and weeks immediately following 9/11 I became a complete news junkie and so can't recall what channel and what reporter this story originated from. I want to say John Stossel but I really cannot be sure. I am sure that it wasn't Fox news though.
Firstly, quite simple, to make ratings for TV media.

Secondly, I did not state that ALL were faked, but there certainly wasn't any "wide spread celebration" as has been insinuated.

BTW, link to those Palestinians across the river, please.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:42 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Three letters: I R A

If the IRA are terrorists, then what about the Orange Order?

Old 09-11-2009, 01:48 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Firstly, quite simple, to make ratings for TV media.

Secondly, I did not state that ALL were faked, but there certainly wasn't any "wide spread celebration" as has been insinuated.

BTW, link to those Palestinians across the river, please.
Our media may be many things, but to 'fake' news coverage in order to up their ratings is not something that it would do.
That you would believe so -- well, lets just say I have some Israeli trained assassin snakes to sell you

Old 09-11-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Mac, you are killing me with your comments lol.
The OP has a deep hatred of christians.
Any debate that christians have as many "Terrorist's" or support of Terrorism..
As the "Religon of Peace" is absurd.
This isn't a Islamic Apologist thread.

This thread was created to show, quite clearly, that Christians have their own terrorists, but that the vast majority of Christians either ignore this, or refuse to accept that fact.

There are, indeed, active Christian terrorist organizations today committing acts of terrorism here and abroad.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Our media may be many things, but to 'fake' news coverage in order to up their ratings is not something that it would do.
That you would believe so -- well, lets just say I have some Israeli trained assassin snakes to sell you
Fox News has admitted to lying, not to mention any sensationalist news is great for ratings.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSoldier View Post
Nice blanket statement there, I'm guessing you're not a Christian.

You have the proof that every abortionist is a Christian?

I notice you bring up radical race groups and their religious affiliation, but noticed no one called out the fact that majority of the Black Panthers are Muslims during the past 8 years after Sept 11th?

And yet all the attacks by Muslims against Americans are out weighed by one act from a Christian? This can go in circles.

I'm neither Muslim, or Christian. I'm a Spiritualist, but even I know that this whole debate is asinine. An entire group of people should not be persecuted due to their race, creed, or color because of the actions of a very, very small percentage of the kind. Have to learn to grow up.

Plus, I'd hate to break it to you all, but Muslims, Christians and Jews believe in the same God and follow the same scriptures. The only differences are that Muslims follow their linage through Ismael, Jews and Christians are through Isaac. That and Jews only follow the Old testament, while Christians also follow the new testament.
You misread the poster's comments. Each abortion doctor KILLED is killed by a Christian, such as Kopp and Waagner, both convicted of murder.

Also, the Klan is a religious organization as well, who base their hate of Jews and Blacks on their intirpritation of the Bible.

The Olympic Park bombings were carried out by Christian terrorists groups as well. There are far more than "one act" carried out by Christians, there are quite active Christian terrorist groups here and abroad as well.

This thread isn't about bashing Christians or Muslims, it's about pointing out the hypocracy in quite a few Christians who refuse to see that their religion is no innocent in the matter of terrorist attacks.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:23 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
If the IRA are terrorists, then what about the Orange Order?
Not to mention the Black Panthers.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:30 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
There are, indeed, active Christian terrorist organizations today committing acts of terrorism here and abroad.
Agreed. Beyond that fact, however, the greater question remains...how BIG are these organizatons? How popular are they in Christian circles? How many Christians feel an affinity for this sort of behavior? How "Christian" does the average Christian feel these people are? Are these fringe groups seen as 'advancing the cause of Christianity'? Not trying to be 'picky' here, but these people's mere existence means little, unless it's put in context. When these wackos 'do their dirty deeds', how many Christians cheer and praise them? When they're caught and arrested, how do the "Christian" legal authorities treat them?

Lastly, I'll remind you that NO civil government, today, anywhere, (with the possible exception of The Vatican), defines itself as a "Christian nation". There are no Christian theocracies, and haven't been for centuries.

There ARE a few 'nutty' misguided souls who identify themselves as 'Christians'....but so what? Others obey the call of Charles Manson...or Napoleon...or the neighbor's dog. That doesn't mean that society accepts these people as anything other than just plain "nuts". No followers...no 'hero worship'...no martyrdom....just plain "nuts". Can't say the same about other terrorists, unfortunately...(if we COULD, this argument wouldn't be taking place).

Old 09-11-2009, 04:39 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
A plane was hijacked in Mexico today by a Christian Nutjob who thought the arbitrary date of 9-9-09 was 666 upside down and that Christ was coming. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090909/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_mexico_hijacking - broken link)

See? It's not just Arabs who are nutjob terrorists...Christians are too!

He claimed he had 3 partners in the hijacking...later it was revealed that they were "The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost".
Sure. Try again on a new thread with another lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies