Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:07 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,569,249 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 01:13 AM

22,193 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Ohh so you are good with war now?

Did you check the numbers of soldiers who have died since Obama took control? Damn shame isn't it?

We used to see daily body counts and now they are all gone for some reason.

Maybe he is in the bunker with ole Joe having tea or something.
Anytime and American dies in any war regardless of the President is tragic.

I'm not against all wars, what I am against is stupid wars in the wrong country.....

Anyway my point stands, you are criticizing Obama for not being able to do something in 8 months that Bush had over 7 years to do and could not accomplish, and while it took 6 years at least our main focus is back where it should be.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:25 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,569,249 times
Seriously though, I agree with that last one.

I'm still in mild shock that we went for years on this wild goose chase in Iraq ...and no one seemed to notice...or 1/2 the country seemed not to notice.
I don't care if Saddam has plans for a bomb or not I want Osama's head on a pike. First.

Totally blows my mind.
'We Will Not Forget!' bumperstickers for every car but they forgot anyway ...after a few years.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:42 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,646,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Which victims?

The American ones or the left wingers who make out like the hijackers were the victims?

You surely are not caring about the 3,000 Americans and then turn around and want to give the killers a free pass by closing Gitmo and giving them rights like us American citizens have are you?

Which way do you want it?

Do you care for those families or are you just using that as a tool or do you care about those poor victims in GITMO like most left wing nuts do?

We all know most left wing mobsters do not care about those families of 9-11 or you would not be taking their side all the time.
Which victims? Are you from this planet. You are the only human being I have ever heard use the word hijackers when talking about the vicitms of 9/11 in the same sentence. No one who is sane would even think to include the terrorists along with the other victims. Only you so far. And to refer to the "poor victims in GITMO". Those are your exact words. That's what YOU called them. Wow.

Or saying people who are to the left of where you stand are against the families and victims? What kind of person are you? You dare defame those poor souls and the first responders that died that day by making it political?

All true Americans that are aware of what happened that day and witnessed it want nothing but justice to be served.
Did your precious Bush do that? No. He went after the wrong guy. The planners of that awful day are still out there. Living and breathing.

You really are some piece of work. Daring to try and equate murderers and victims to justify your own beliefs.

This is the United States of America. People, including you, are entitled to their own opinions. Because they don't agree with doesn't make them anti-victim, anti-family, mobsters or pro-terroists.

I am assuming you are an American. Just remember you are not the only one. There are millions. And guess what.
They all don't agree with you, thank God because of what you have written here. That is their constitutional right.

It's someone like you giving the right a bad name. Now we really are in trouble.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:53 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Osama is the Boogeyman planted in your mind.

You need look no further than under your own bed for his whereabouts.

BOO!

Hell that is great what is his reward up to now. Going to get my gun and it is easy street for me.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:16 AM

1,481 posts, read 3,948,872 times
aww face it folks .. the Goverment cant declare the boogieman dead .. they would have no more excuses for war!..and would had to stop the military build up and the pork barrels that are built on a war econmoy
war is good for us ( NOT) and we wont see the end of this mess for many years ..

Old 09-13-2009, 02:26 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,464,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antibes View Post
Is there reason to quote an article published in June 2002?

Since then, Osama Bin-Laden recorded several more audio tapes, which the CIA authenticated as real. However, it is possible that these tapes were fabricated and the CIA prefers to let the world think he is still alive. In such case, Al Qaida and the CIA have one interest in common.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:41 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Is there reason to quote an article published in June 2002?

Since then, Osama Bin-Laden recorded several more audio tapes, which the CIA authenticated as real. However, it is possible that these tapes were fabricated and the CIA prefers to let the world think he is still alive. In such case, Al Qaida and the CIA have one interest in common.
I wonder how many independent sound labs also authenticated the tapes ? I never heard of any. I always found the timing a bit stange on the Osama appearances. There are two videos that are laughable. Special effects guys are really good these days. (but not perfect)

Old 09-13-2009, 03:14 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,464,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I wonder how many independent sound labs also authenticated the tapes ? I never heard of any. I always found the timing a bit stange on the Osama appearances. There are two videos that are laughable. Special effects guys are really good these days. (but not perfect)
Who knows? Because both sides engage in psychological wars, its hard to tell.
In reality he may have been dead for years and Al-Qaida had interest not to publish this fact. Strangely, even US has some interest in "keeping him alive". But all that is pure speculation, which is not my strong side.

Old 11-27-2009, 02:41 PM

111 posts, read 265,817 times
Default We may already know where bin Laden is

I don't think he's dead. I think the government knows alot more about where Osama bin Laden is than it's letting on. Yes, it's hard to obtain intelligence in that part of the world but I think after 8 years, we probably have at least a decent idea of what's going on. We obviously have, becaue I keep reading about mid-level Taliban and Al Quaida leaders in that part of the world being killed or captured. So why don't we take out bin Laden and the other senior leaders? I think it's because if we did, the enemy would figure out that we know alot more than we are letting on, and we'd potentially lose alot of contacts and intelligence. In other words, getting bin Laden would be a major psychological victory, but it might very well cause us more harm than good in the overall war. Bin Laden is more of a figure head than a major decision maker these days, anyway. Go after those who can do real harm instead of the propoganda guy. And don't kill the propoganda guy if you give more power to the real movers and shakers. Let them think we're clueless and somewhat helpless.

So I do think we have a pretty good idea of where he is... Maybe not which room of which house at any given moment. But at least which town(s) he hangs out in and probably more.(I doubt he's in a cave all the time but if he is, we probably have a good idea where it is or where they are)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies