Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2009, 09:22 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yeup, there that old CHANGE thing is again. I am sure he didn't want to take a chance with that one and I know he didn't want to deal with his old employer, ACORN.
roy! Where is your PROOF that ACORN was ever President Obama's employer. That's just CRAZY! Can you provide any factual information which absolutely shows that Obama was an employee of Acorn, NOT just opinions by people writing opinion pieces?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 08:42 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,086,371 times
They employed him as a lawyer.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:50 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Gateway Pundit: Obama On ACORN Scandal: "Not Something I've Followed Closely" (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/09/obama-on-acorn-scandal-not-something.html - broken link)

Quote:
One of Barack Obama's first big "community organizer" jobs involved ACORN in 1992. He has been working along side ACORN since before he became an elected official. Obama also trained ACORN employees. He represented ACORN in court. Obama worked with and protested with ACORN. His campaign donated $800,000 to ACORN in 2008 for voter registration efforts.
And, ACORN even canvassed for Obama last year.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=1

They are attached at the hip and you would have known all this if the media was doing their job.

When the "paper of record", i.e., the obama-media spiked the ACORN story before election;

http://www.timeswatch.com/articles/2...331143156.aspx

Quote:
During her testimony, Ms. Heidelbaugh said Ms. Moncrief had told her The New York Times articles stopped when she revealed that the Obama presidential campaign had sent its maxed-out donor list to ACORN’s Washington, D.C. office.

“Upon learning this information and receiving the list of donors from the Obama campaign, Ms. Strom reported to Ms. Moncrief that her editors at The New York Times wanted her to kill the story because, and I quote, “it was a game changer.”’

Old 09-21-2009, 06:25 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Why No One Believes Obama | Newsweek George F. Will | Newsweek.com

I've been saying this for a while. He is way, way overexposed. No one watches his "events" anymore, no one believes his same, tired old rhetoric that has been debunked over and over again.

Great analysis by G. Will.
I wouldn't say no one. There still are the koolaid drinkers out there. But more and more people are getting buyer's remorse. During the campaign we were told that Obama's lack of executive or national experience didn't matter because he had charisma and could deliver a good speech. So when he was elected he didn't have very much going for him. Unfortunately he and his advisors really thought that charisma and charm could carry them through. Hasn't worked out that way. Indeed it is wearing a little thin with the public. His big mistake? Failing to focus first and foremost on the economy. Every president is thrown a curve while in office. For Bush it was 9/11. He adjusted and made national security job one. All his other priorities took second place. Obama, too, was thrown a curve. No one expected the economy to tank a month before the election. So his job one should have been righting the economy. Instead he's flitted from one left wing issue to another. When people are out of work and struggling to support their family it doesn't reassure them that Obama is conducting his beer summit with Professor Gates and the police officer who arrested him. More and more Obama is appearing to be the dilettante that he really is. Trust, once lost, is difficult to regain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies